1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are you sat?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Mr_Taz_UK, Jul 7, 2005.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It actually really is quite uncomfortable, but since I have the office chair in York where I spend a bit more of my time, I haven't bothered getting an office chair here. When I have the money to drop on one I will do so :p
    Energizer Lithium batteries are powerful, too powerful. They buggered the electronics on one of our other digital cameras, hasn't quite worked the same since.

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I wonder if that's why the lens acts that way sometimes :S

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ha ha! I upgraded ;) I'm storing a bunch of my dads stuff, so I decided to make use of some stuff. I've been using is stereo receiver for quite some time now. As well as some old sony 5.25" speakers. They're ok. Generally better than almost any cheap computer speaker. The replacements/additions are modified towers. The towers used to have a weak 30-50W 12" clear coned woofers. The replacements are Rockford Fosgate 12" 100-200W 8Ω speakers(RFZ1812). Simply put, they sound extremely good hooked up to a reasonably powerful amplifer/receiver. The Technics receiver I use, is quite capable :p My dad will like them more now. If I decide to part with them. His old woofers were deteriorating in a way, most people have probably never seen. Very thin paper like substance LOL!

Please note, if you ever decide to replace speakers in a box, make sure they are of the right impedance (ohm) and wattage. A 4 Ohm speakers should generally NOT be hooked up to any household receiver. Unless they are quite powerful! I've made that mistake before :S The fosgate woofers seen here, are powerful, but not in the way some might think. They do not ouput LOW frequencies. They are of a higher midrange of frequencies. E.g. 50-500Hz. Though techno and rap do sound quite good on them LOL!

[​IMG]

I love music. So much so, that it needs to sound right, or at least really good. These speakers will accomplish that. Now my keyboard that I use with FL studio will sound super! :D
    [​IMG]

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Doesn't surprise me, Monitor speakers are designed for true audio production, not ridiculous bass.
    What sound card are you using to not get input lag from a MIDI keyboard?

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

It's not midi, though FL studio sees it as such. It's usb. My guess is the driver compensates for any and all lag. If there is any. I just use the onboard audio at present. Though I would like something better.

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

No really, there'll be lag if it's USB, lots of it. Have you tried playing it realtime to a background track? It's really difficult because of USB input latency.

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

non that I can detect :S

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

That's with my new 15 foot Usb cable by the way. Isn't it possible that I got lucky, and there's simply no lag? I have seen lag in some devices. E.g. a video capture card I once used. I recognize lag wnen I see it. I'm simply not seeing it with this. I think I got lucky.

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

No, it's physically impossible for the lag to not occur, you obviously have never tried playing with it, only just inputting to piano roll.

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

All I do is set particular filters. E.g. Piano, electric guitar, etc. I haven't began recording or anything like that. Totally amateur LOL!

Though I've been playing with pianos for quite some time ;)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yeah therein comes the problem. The lag is only partly the USB connection, most of it is the sound card producing the audio, since sound cards render in software, they mostly don't have hardware acceleration. Thus, what you play on the keyboard comes out the speakers a good 80ms later. This makes playing relatively high-tempo tracks almost impossible as you have to play note #2 before you hear note #1.

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Clearly I have much to learn :p

13. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Nice Rig setup my Cat MD]{ from XtremeSystem has

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AMD PhenomII 1090TX6BE @ 4.125mhz@defaultVcore1.350v@turbo4525mhz@ WC BY Corsair H70@Scythe - Ultra Kaze 3000 RPM 12cm
    Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-ud5p@NB@3.0mhz@HR/05FX@SBHR05IFXslimoded/@HR09UTP2mofsets.
    4X2048 G.skiillPC3 12800 ripjaws blue cl7
    1x ASUS HD5970+1X Asus 5850 Trifire @
    2xWD74GB raptor RD0 / 2X1,5 TB WD black
    XFi FATAL1TY
    Antec True Power quattro 1200W OC edition
    CM HAF X / razer mamba
    Win 7 ultimate 64 bit

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Nothing short of impressive will. You're living the dream LOL! ;)

15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Wow, 4 of the noisiest hard drives WD make, a 3000rpm Ultra Kaze through a radiator, and a 5970 sandwiched next to another card. That is going to be one loud PC!

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

The look of his system is what I was referring :p

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well aware, just thought I'd point that out :p

18. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@Omeg

He's Just JealousSam he Can't get his to Look That Good Omeg,He Not worried about The sound at all it's how it performs instead he said.Lol and he don't work in a Library either.Lol,Lol

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2010
  19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

If he truly cared for performance those raptors would be SSDs and it would make less noise, haha :p

20. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

fight children, i hate peace, i like a good rumble.