1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are you sat?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Mr_Taz_UK, Jul 7, 2005.

1. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i had some annoying ex gangster in 2006 annoying me and most his body has apparently been rebuilt with titanium and he doesn't have much feeling i threatened him with a magnet he soon stopped & left me alone, in fact i don't even know if titanium is very magnetic or magnetic at all.( i could see what he got beaten and apparently set on fire he was asking me for cash and telling me he will steal me anything i want)
    I also knew someone who had 2 metal hinges put in his leg next to his knee as the bone was worn out and after limping for a week or so he was able to put full weight on it and eventually run.

2. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

Wow its been nearly 10 years since I was last on here. Glad to see my login still works. Aaaanyway, I can tell you why your titanium plate doesn't set off the metal detectors as I worked at an international airport security screening point for a few years both screening passengers & then later as the boss.
    It doesn't set it off because it's inside you and has a decent amount of flesh covering it. When you walk through a walk-through metal detector you pass through an electromagnetic field, that field doesn't pass through the body, instead it bounces off. When it encounters metal it doesn't bounce back and the machine registers wear it didn't bounce back, Which is why most of the time the person operating the walk-through metal detector already knows that it's your shoes or your belt or keys setting the machine off

Light metals close to the skin, jewelry made from precious metals also don't trigger walk through metal detectors(it's because they're non-magnetic), metallic implants in all parts of the body also don't trigger metal detectors.