1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I buy Plextor Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs or similar?

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by safeyo, May 15, 2007.

1. safeyo

safeyo Member

I have tried many brands of cd-r but always end up coming back to using the Plextor Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs. I did use Verbatim CD-R's but had many problems playing the discs in various cd players. I've also tried some of the Silver Topped Taiyo Yuden unbranded but they seem prone to the top layer been scratched off rendering the discs unplayable.

The Plextors seem to be the best for burning, playback & seem to avoid the odd scratch as they seem to be a tougher disc.

The only problem I'm having is sourcing them now as many suppliers seem to be out of stock. Perhaps Plextor are discontinuing them or repackaging them? I'm not quite sure?
    Anyway does anyone know of a brand that will offer me similar benefits & are readily available? thanks

2. flyingv

flyingv Guest

As long as you use high quality media and burn at a resonable speed, you shouldn't have any problems. If you are bent about a particular brand, do a search in you default search engine specifying what type of media and brand.