1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I D/L SB Live 24-bit Drivers

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Mr_Del, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Beleive it or not they do not have the drivers on the Creative labs web sight. I have googled and Yahooed untill my head hurt. I need this driver for a system I am working on. No they do not have the Disk that came with the card. This person bought the Computer from Tiger Direct (will cut the name if I must). He got the system with no disks. Great company, Isn't it? Anyway If you can please let me know where to get this driver. The computer is due back on Monday.

-Del

Do not tell me to go to Creative labs. The driver is nowhere to be found there.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Thanks for the tip but its a bad or incorrect driver. Can definatly use the site for other things in the future. I still have this driver issue though.

-Del

4. vietorisz

vietorisz Member

Creative has put together one package of drivers and utils for all SB Live cards it's called "Sound Blaster Live! - LiveDrvUni-Pack English" go here and download the full package: http://hu.europe.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp
    Choose SoundBlaster -> Live!-> Live! (not 24 Bit) -> choose OS -> choose ALL and tada!! scroll to the bottom of the page

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  5. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

No Dice. Does not even see the card. Says no card is installed. I'm not sure when the Live 24-bit was released but I think it was after the release of that UNI driver.

-Del

6. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey Mr_Del

I have done a little research and have seen alot of people having a similar problem to you.

On this particular thread, towards the bottom,http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t233780.html there is various links to driver downloads, some people say they work, some dont, (depends on your exact model), but if you want trial and error, may be a waste of time, may not....

CJC

7. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Now it is time to take the 45 minute drive to Dalonaga and try to find some gold. I have found the driver thanks to the thread sent by CJC. Odd enough it was the last one I tried. All the way at the bottom of that thread. Please tell me that Creative Labs is not going the way of HP/Compaq. Not having drivers online for thier own products.

Now I wonder if there is a drivers section on this site. If so, I want to U/L this driver to it. If not then maybe there should be one. Well now the computer is complete and ready to go home to it's owner tomorrow. To bad it's 1 1/2 hour drive 1 way. But I'm makeing enought to make the drive not so bad.

Thank you,
    -Del

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

teach & learn

9. newnanpc

newnanpc Member

Here is the answer to everyones headache! I have located the SB live 24 bit CD-ROM! Here is a link to the CD in ZIP format! Unzip it and burn to a CD and you are in business! If this helps, drop me a line at tech.support@newnanpc.com and let me know I have not wasted my time! Here is the link!
    http://www.newnanpc.com/software/sblive24bit/SBlive24bit.zip
    Good Luck!!!