1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I find discreet IR codes for my Sony TV?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bcardell, Mar 8, 2005.

1. bcardell

bcardell Member

I've got a Sony KV-32HS420 (32" tube HDTV) and I'm looking for a way to switch directly to different video sources. The remote that came with the TV just has a TV/VIDEO button that you push to cycle through TV, Video1, Video2, etc. I'm getting a Home Theater soon, and I want to use the macro remote to switch between sources, so I need a way to jump directly to Video5 when I push DVD, and directly to Video 2 when I push SAT, etc.
    Does anyone know of a way to do this? I'm hoping there might be somewhere I can find discreet IR codes for my TV, so I could program my receiver remote to do it. I have the option to change the source labels on the TV, so instead of "Video1" it calls it "DVD", does that help me? Maybe a remote would know how to change my TV to whatever source is labeled "DVD"?

Thanks for any info.

P.S. I need to use the video inputs on my TV, I can't just rout all video through and A/V receiver because I want to use component video for all 4 sources.

2. thor999

thor999 Regular member

if you haven't purchased a reciever yet, take a look at the Denon AVR-3805 very nice unit, comes with a very intelligent remote, you can accomplish what you want with this setup, plus in my opinion, is the best reciever available for under $1,000.00 u.s. (it is, just look for it, but make sure it is denon authorized, it will say so at the denon official website, or they will not honor warranties. Buddy of mine installs them, never had any problems, but why take the chance...)