1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I get a DIVF codec?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by bwhitk, May 24, 2003.

1. bwhitk

bwhitk Member

I downloaded "sweet home alabama" using "Ares". The file is a .avi...I have a DIVX 3.11 codec, and I need to switch. It says it is a codec (DIVF) does anyone know where I can get one? I have found many other codecs but just can't find this one. I usually encode and burn avi's to V-CD'S...but they are all DVIX's...this one is a DIVF....I havn't ever seen or heard of a DIVF...does anyone know where I can download one?

2. HOBO

HOBO Member

DID YOU EVER GET THE MESSAGE THAT YOU NEED A FOURCC TYPE 0 CODEC,IF SO,WHERE DID YOU GET TI(I MEAN THE CODEC).

3. bwhitk

bwhitk Member

No, sorry, I can't say that I have ever gotten that message. Its just that "Ares" a program like kazaa, says that the movie I have is a (DIVF). I can play the movie and it will have sound, but no picture at all. I have tons of other movies and codecs. I have screwed with this stuff for years, and I know quite a bit about this stuff. I'm not trying to sound cocky, I just want ya to know i'm not an ignorant computer person. But anyways, It just won't play the video, which is why I need the DIVF codec. Well, sorry i havn't gotten that message yet, but can you still help me?

4. Labrat

Labrat Regular member

DIVF codec,It´s just divx 4.12.
    Just go to divx.com and get the DIVX 5.02 Codec. It´ll also play DIVX 4 and 3 content