1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Great advice Jerry.

The problem with the last ruckus, it was done in the shout boxes which are available to all passersby. PMs are the way to handle personal vendettas for sure. But even those can get heated. And then Mods need to straighten it out. Maybe those that continue to harrass in the shout boxes and PMs as a first punishment have their personal pages closed and posting priviledges in PMs and SBs revoked. Then a permanent ban if hostilities continues.

2. ireland

ireland Active member

i have two question,where are the rules for the shout box's?

the admins and mods knew what was going on,why did they not stop it..?

i was under the impression that the site rules covered the shout box's,

like rule #6

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Thanks Greensman. The statement I made above wasn't exactly posted as advise but are some of the rules I made for myself. If others want to follow my way of thinking they are welcome to do so. After 3 years on here I have been through many changes, have seen too many excellent members leave, and way too many arguments in open forum. I have actually taken time off from here 3 different times because I got tired of seeing the downhill direction the forum was taking. After some time off I seem to be pulled back to AD. You sometimes need that break.

Jerry

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Believe me when I say I know what happened. I have to agree with Ireland that the site rules should apply to everything on this site. We don't allow certain types of language and pictures on the regular forum so why can some of the same stuff be posted in the personal areas. Those areas are accessible to anyone on this site including children. Rules are rules and they should be followed. I don't even use my shoutbox and have posted in it that questions asked there will never get answered. I have enough to do in the regular part of the forums I belong to without wasting time in those areas. For those that like it,, thats OK but its not for me.

Jerry

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

6. onya

onya Guest

@Gwendolin. I think DDP has an eye on this "spirited" individual....LOL. Given the current climate, that person best make a correction to their attitude....and quick!

7. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I read it when he/she first posted so I reported it to "Mods"...checked out some of his/her other posts...5 in total and ALL are similar.
    Hopefully he/she will now get the message

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Ireland brought up rule 6 and Gwendolin just commented on 14. To me those are the 2 outstanding guidelines I think we should concentrate on for the sake of harmony. Just my opinion. Sometimes before we print things, we should ask ourselves if we'd like the same directed to us.

9. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Maybe these comments should be in the "Bitch" thread...so I will post it there also.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Oíche mhaith Éire.
    Slán leat!

Goodnight Nephilim, Gerry, Jerry, ddp, Gwendolin and everyone.

11. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Goodnight????

I've got a bottle of Scotch which I intend to empty tonight...only 2 more hours to go...let the festivities begin!!

12. FredBun

FredBun Active member

gwendolin, I clicked on the 2 posts you mentioned about rude, I could'nt beleive what I was reading, you wanna talk about nasty, wow, what suprized me is ddp is fast on the draw and he let him off the hook, I tought ddp was gonna ask for his address come over and smack him one.

13. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

He/she certainly deserves it..Cheers

14. billybob

billybob Regular member

Lmao, ok. Guilty concience and that ;)

Lol, i only got worried cause most people on this site never conduct a decent mature conversation with me:)

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@billybob

That's simply not true. We, that have never grown up, can identify with your posts also. LOL

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  16. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

LOL, you're just billy the kid, it seems ;-)

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Regarding the shoutboxes: methinks, when someone does that, they WANT a public display. Doing so in a PM is the last thing that would cross their minds.

@Billyboy ...

I take some exception to that! :)

You have a persecution complex meboy! For a little twerp, you always the perfect gentleman ;) You're always very respectful to everyone, I don't think anyone is pointing a finger at you at all.

18. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

just passing thru as i don't like to frequent (or even lurk on) these type of threads..(without labouring the point re my feelings on chat threads i and other regulars can often be found on IRC in #ad_buddies where i'm more than happy to chat away aimlessly for ages). Anyway, i personally have no idea went on in this particular instance as i've been offline for a while; but re the question on shoutboxes - currently there aren't any rules on them, other than spamming and piracy. And i take the liberty to add my own personal rule - no racism. As to the colourful language in the shoutboxes, it's indeed not nice to see it, however there's no rules on it just yet, so for now everyone just ignore it or turn the other cheek (or if it really offends someone just report it). I hear what people say about the shoutboxes being easily accessible and thus maybe offensive/not suitable but until some rules are drawn up for them let us mods worry about dealing with it as we see fit. I certainly don't actively spend time in shoutboxes (for chatting i prefer 'proper' contact as opposed to shoutboxes this ie i use IRC), so i rarely get offended by them. As i say, just report anything you don't like and we mods will maybe get the mops & buckets out until some rules are drawn up, until then it's best endeavours as there's enough crap and nonsense in Forum threads to attend to before worrying about shoutboxes..

19. billybob

billybob Regular member

LMAO!! Hee hee :D

But of course :D Like i said, MOST people :p

Yeh i do have one of those i think, tehe. Ah well. Im always very respectful to everyone you say.....ah well, i still have time to work on that :p

Oh im sorry, but your username... Lethal_B....need i say more :p Tehe ;)

20. ireland

ireland Active member

creaky and all there is a little red flag in each post in the shout box's,i say click on it and use it..

rule#6
    6. No foul language, insults, personal attacks or otherwise rude messages

when the flag is clicked on it says this.

Last edited: May 4, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.