1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

I AGREE,

LINK TO MORE
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/78/295688#3061230

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I noticed another report where coffee is supposed to help improve the thought process. Guess the caffeine gives the brain cells a jump start. Looks like coffee is actually good for a person. It doesn't work as well decaf. ;)

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Damn, quitting coffee, for me, would be worse that quitting cigarettes!

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Quit coffee and start smoking again...LOL

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

That was the worst of times when I quit, having that first cup of black dark roast coffee (La style-the spoon stands up) without a cigarette. Next was drinking alcohol.

Yeah and next year coffee will be bad for us! Seems like all the preprocessed Frankenfood we eat that anyone lives past 60. Just reading the ingredients in some products makes me want to start smoking and quit eating. Maybe it's a conspiracy. The government wants us to live fast, make a lots of money and die before we collect social security. LMAO

6. ireland

ireland Active member

MORE FUN TO TALK ABOUT

Could God be an Extra-terrestrial Being?

Some comparatively new belief systems and books portray God as an extraterrestrial, holding that intelligent beings from another world have been visiting Earth for many thousands of years, and have influenced the development of our religions.

LINK
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/78/295688#3062093

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland and all ... from your article:

These giants were a group of angels like the cerabim and ceraphim but made flesh and these were called ... are you ready...

NEPHILIM !!!

Edit: can't type to save my life (or spell either LOL!

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2007
  8. ireland

ireland Active member

gerry1 since ye brought up neph,i had to post this

link
    http://www.geocities.com/nephilimnot/nephilim.html

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO!! His secret is out!! But if its any consolation, Neph, they were noted for their sexual prowess LOL!

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

LOL, all the $10 hookers in Phoenix can back that up!! Amazingly enough a small piece of drywall can pass for a piece of crack and get you 15 minutes of lovin' so they tend to cuss me when my name comes up ;)

I've always been interested in the more obscure parts of the Bible and since high school been into the old time goth scene one of which is Fields of the Nephilim (check out Dawn Razor - great album). Apparently those Casanovas can't swim too well.

Well, I'm here to report that Neph's meds aren't working too well so he invited his lovely girlfriend St. Pauli Girl over to make him feel better :D

It's real hard to type right now so farewell to my cherished community!!!

11. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO! Good Night, Neph!

12. ireland

ireland Active member

now we know why ddp has a spring in his bounce

Satellites solve mystery of low gravity over Canada

If it seems Canadians weigh less than their American neighbours, they do – but not for the reasons you might think. A large swath of Canada actually boasts lower gravity than its surroundings.

link
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/78/295688#3062300

13. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

LMAO!

I had no idea. now the secret is out.

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good morning Ireland, Pac, Tansquash and all! Today is spring cleaning and polishing of all my little soldiers! Ever since I was a kid I've been collecting bronze, copper and marble statues of egyptian, greek and roman soldiers and gods...they're about 15-20 inches tall to 26 inches wide. Here is a marble of my roman charioteer...weighs about 40 lbs:

[​IMG]

Today (all weekend actually) they all get a bath and get polished. Strange hobby, eh? Whenever the kiddies come over, my sister is always telling them, "Don't play with mon oncle Gerry's toys LOL!" The kiddies always giggle because some are nekkid.

15. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Good morning all. gerry1 must be the time for spring cleaning thats what I started this morning at 5:00 am love your collectibles. Chris

16. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Chris...Spring Cleaning is exactly what it is! Me, my brother and sister use to hate it ... every spring there was this massive cleaning project where every square inch of the house and its contents were cleaned. Years later, my mom speaks to me from the grave telling me "This place is a dump!" LOL!

17. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  18. ireland

ireland Active member

All About coffee

Oh I am sorry. What did I do? Ever since putting The Coffee Fool online, I have been beaten regularly by customers for clueing them into the secret on 'fresh' coffee.

Why?

Because they can no longer stand the taste of coffee they get at work, gas stations, even... coffee stores - in a world of stale coffee, they are ruined on our fresh.

So if you happen to be a newbie to The Coffee Fool and want to keep your coffee innocence intact - look away. Otherwise, here comes the knowledge (read as sales pitch) that may very well ruin you too.

Nearly all of the coffee out there is stale. The good news is that stale coffee is drinkable if you've never had truly fresh coffee. The bad news is that once you've tasted truly fresh coffee, you'll be forever hooked. It will make you giddy every time you go to make a pot. Tingle right down to your toes. Reverberate around your head like a funky aura. That's because coffee, just a few days out of the roaster, is nature's most flavorful drink - more complex than even wine - containing well over 900 flavor compounds to dance on your taste buds. But after a few weeks, you'd be lucky to see half that number.

How do you know if coffee is stale? Simple test: If it's bitter or flat, it's too late. Coffee is actually known by connoisseurs as a 'sweet' beverage. But shush... you're not supposed to know that. And who doesn't want you to know? Coffee companies who make their living on convenience. And yes, believing that freshness is as simple as 'burping' air out of a coffee container, is convenient. Truly fresh coffee is a pain because you have to order it frequently.

I could go on and on about how we only roast the world's finest Arabica beans in an unhurried, old-fashioned way to unlock the beans maximum flavor and aroma etc... etc... but who has time for that? So I will leave you instead with our simple guarantee - the best, freshest coffee you've ever tasted or your money back.

So go ahead and take a peek at our fun coffee descriptions by clicking the categories to the left. But if you should buy... be warned, you too may become a Coffee Fool :)

Go to this link and read all about coffee

http://www.coffeefool.com/?Click=12080&gclid=CKiRhKnLhowCFQwzZAodcBwLyw

19. ireland

ireland Active member

here ye go gerry1 and all

Mrs. Donovan was walking down O'Connell Street in Dublin when she met up with Father Flaherty.

The Father said, "Top o' the mornin' to ye! Aren't ye Mrs. Donovan and didn't I marry ye and yer hoosband 2 years ago?"

She replied, "Aye, that ye did, Father."

The Father asked, "And be there any wee little ones yet?"

She replied, "No, not yet, Father."

The Father said, "Well now, I'm going to Rome next week and I'll light a candle for ye and yer hoosband. "

She replied, "Oh, thank ye, Father."
    They then parted ways.

Some years later they met again.
    The Father asked, "Well now, Mrs. Donovan, how are ye these days?"

She replied, "Oh , very well, Father!"

The Father asked, " And tell me, have ye any wee ones yet?"

She replied, "Oh yes, Father!
    Three sets of twins and 4 singles, 10 in all!"

The Father said, "That's wonderful! How is yer loving hoosband doing?"

She replied, "E's gone to Rome to blow out yer fo@kin' candle."

20. ireland

ireland Active member

LATER YE ALL

German man found dead in bed - after 7 years

The decomposed corpse of a German man was found alone in his bed after nearly seven years, police in the western city of Essen said Thursday.

What if he wasn’t alone when they found him? I think that would have been really weird.

The police said in a statement the man was 59 and unemployed at the time of his death. He most likely died of natural causes on November 30, 2000, the date he received a letter from the Welfare Office found in the apartment, police said.

Next to the dead man’s bed police found cigarettes, an open television guide and Deutschemark coins, which came out of circulation after the euro was introduced in 2002.

“No one missed him. No missing person report was ever filed,” the police said.
    http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=11382

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.