1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

I'd hate to die alone, with no-one giving a damn..

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  2. billybob

billybob Regular member

Its ok Lethal, ill be there. It may not be in the manner or way that you think i will be but one way or another....ill be there.. *evil cackle: muahahahahaha*

3. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD MORNING
    [​IMG]

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good Morning All! More bathing and polishing of my toys today.

@Ireland...you know I love religion jokes and catholic jokes! Especially the top one with the large family. My Dad is the youngest of 18 (ore was it 16; I don't remember)LOL! They were farmers though so you either had a lot of kids or you hired people. A lot of them died young also; my Dad will be 101 in June so most of his brothers and sisters were born in the late 1800s and medicine left much to be desired in those days ... probably paid the doctor with chickens LOL!

5. ireland

ireland Active member

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO! That's disgusting; she must have broken ever bone in his body save his legs! I always wonder how people that big manage with certain biological functions but they're curiosities I can't voice in a thread LOL!

7. billybob

billybob Regular member

Lmao.

8. ireland

ireland Active member

9. ireland

ireland Active member

evening

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

The 21st century Amish:

[​IMG]

Off to Chinatown for some Peking Duck ... I'm going to break the diet in style tonite. Have a good night all!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2007
  11. billybob

billybob Regular member

Oooo i love chinese.

Amish are similar to plymouth bretherins?

12. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@billyboy ... if you love chinese, then you MUST try Peking Duck someday; it kind of pricy though.

I don't know what they Plymouth Bretherin are but I'll look them up tomorrow ... I broke my reading glasses and can't see up close; in fact, I'm typing from about five feet away LOL! I've got another set of reading glasses at the office though.

The amish are of German origin but since they've been here so long, their german has become a dialect of its own which they still speak all the time. Their a very regid religious bunch who believe in a "simple" life which, ironically, is anything but simple. They don't believe in electricity, cars, telephones or anything modern. They still get about in horse and buggy. Many, probably most, are farmers but they plow their fields with horse and plow. You have to laugh sometimes because they'll take a modern tractor because of all the different farming attachments it pulls, they'll remove the engine and all the "heavy" stuff from it and you'll see a horse pulling the tractor through the fields. It's pretty funny. They live about an hour west of Philadelphia (Lancaster County) so all the tourist companies have busses several times a day that leave Philly to go and gawk at the Amish ... you can't help but feel sorry for them sometimes because they really hate being a tourist attraction. Much of their lifestyle is outside regular legal authority but they're such a peaceful bunch that they authorities just leave them alone.

13. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning all,

gerry1 go to ye favorite dollar store and pick up a pair of reading glasses,

i use them all the time instead of using a bifocal in my glasses...
    i got tired of lifting my head up trying to use the bifocal.to read whats on my computer

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland ... that's what I do too! I usually buy a dozen pairs and leave them all over the place but I've run out. I probably have 20 pairs at the office now LOL! I wear only one contact lens in my right eye, the other is fine (better than fine) for distances but my close up vision is atrocious. As you know, I got into a nasty accident long ago; another in the list of injuries I sustained was "traumatic cataracts" which is treated the same way as any other cataracts but a different cause. I see great for distances but my up close vision sucks without glasses ... it left me light sensitive too but not too bad. (Bifocals really suck when it comes to using a computer as you stated.)

The eye surgeon gave me one really great tip though: when using a computer, use reading glasses that are one half the strength that you'd use to read a book. I know it sounds strange (to some anyway) but it works like a charm. I use 3.5 regularly but for the computer I'll use 1.5 - 2.0.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2007
  15. ireland

ireland Active member

afternoon,

16. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Bonjour mesdames et messieurs!!How bees everyone today? I've been on a diet and have lost 20 of the 35 lbs. I gained after I quit smoking. I'm down to a 34 waist and should fit back into my 32s in a few more weeks. Mees happy!

17. onya

onya Guest

A blonde was driving through the country one fine summers day and She noticed however, that there was another blonde in a canoe that was in the middle of a field.... This blonde seemed to be rowing for for her very life.

Outraged by this apparent act of stupidity, the other blonde alighted from her vehicle and yelled out....…”it’s blondes like you that give blondes like me a bad reputation, and I should come on over and whip your butt”. The blonde then reflected for a moment upon her words, and then added .... “lucky for you I can’t swim”

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2007
  18. ireland

ireland Active member

AFTERNOON

BELIEVE IT OR NOT

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2007/05/dayintech_0514

19. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Well, that's just completely and utterly f*cked up! Some of the sh!t that goes on in this world amazes me beyond beleif..

:X

20. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ripper ... no use pretending; we all know you're the father ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.