1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greensman

greensman Regular member

I was thinking that SCUBA gear would be better but you might need one heck of a shower afterwards even if you donned a wetsuit. LOL.

EEEEeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

..gm

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@everyone....LMAO!! Ah, I just love you guys! Actually, this one was a lot of fun ... actually, they sent a bunch of Harrisburg Newbies and we simply ate them for breakfast LOL! (Harrisburg is the capital city of the state of Pennsylvania). Pennsylvania is mostly a conservative state and Philadelphia is the state's only big city ... so we are the states "pariah" ... the "sin city" and they HATE coming here because they see us to be every bit as jaded as the city's general population. So the Harrisburg people hate to come here and always send the lowest people on the totum pole; they come and treat us like social outcasts and, in turn, make their trip a self fulfilling phophesy and we eat them for lunch LOL! They see us as the big bad wolf so we have a good time playing the part with those pumpkin' patch bureaucrats LOL!

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Gerry, you were made for New Orleans, and can bull$hit in French, what an advantage. Come on down! You'd own the town in months, if not weeks.

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Garmoon... Ah, the offspring of my fur trading ancestors LOL! In the service, I often hung around with this small clique of LA. Cajun boys ... we had a great time and they sure knew how to party! Given the centuries apart, the cajun dialect and the quebec dialect are worlds apart so we had to revert to speaking in proper french (some spoke proper french quite well, others, not so much lol). Oddly, we knew the same french songs, we both danced "Le Quadrille" heavy on the fiddle and squeeze box LOL! They've had centuries to acclimate though; I don't know that life on the bayou is my cup of tea ... with the humidity, that constant rotting smell and insects the size of volkswagons! I've been told that in certain parishes, given my last name and that I'm from quebec and speak french, I'd be treated like royalty and if my old friends were any indication, I believe it. Another similarity with the quebecois is that both are very ethnocentric...hard to break into their circles if you aren't one of them. I'll have to visit one of those parishes one of these days; I think I still have a list of the heavy french speaking ones somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2007
  5. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

The best person to contact if you want to do this is ScubaPete. :)

6. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland ... I just laughed my a$$ off; that made my day LOL! I grew up with that stuff ... especially at weddings, parties etc. I got a kick out of the "franglais" .... 3/4 cajun french and 1/4 english. The song is called "Jean Ne Peut Pas Dancer" ... "John Can't Dance".

8. ireland

ireland Active member

gerry1
    i sure like CAJUNS music..they have the best beat around..

i have a ton of cujan music..

another one
    http://npmusic.org/Milton_Molitor_Austin_Pitre_Lurlin_LeJeune_Iota_Two_Step.mp3

http://npmusic.org/JB_Fusilier_Lawtell_Two_Step.mp3

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland ... you are too much LOL! Those were hysterical! The second was totally cajon dialect ... I couldn't understand a lot of it but I've got to listen to it on my stereo. The first must also have gestures to it when the fiddle starts; one of the lyrics say "When that gorgeous girl comes in I just go...." then the guys leans into the fiddle LOL!

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

LMAO Ireland it's "CAJUNS" They would love the error!

11. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LOL! I spelt it right in the first post and wrong in the second!

12. ireland

ireland Active member

garmoon

i sometimes have problems seeing the letters when i type,that is if i use caps i am ok..i do try to stay with in the rules.
    Macular Degeneration

[​IMG]

this is what i see.

Please all, do not feel sorry for me, I accepted my destiny

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Oh, so that's why they always show me those grids since I've had surgery! I was wondering what those were for ... grids of all kinds and they ask "are the lines straight or wavy".

14. ireland

ireland Active member

gerry1
    when they looked in ye eyes they can see the Macular Degeneration starting..and smoking makes it start faster..
    check with ye doctor if true...

a tip start taking this,ocuvite with lutein..as there is no fix for Macular Degeneration as the end stage ye go blind.

15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Thanks Ireland. I see the eye surgeon every year and I'm due now so I will ask him about it. I know I did have one problem after they did the cataracts. Some months later, vision in both eyes started to cloud over and got bad really quickly. They fixed both eyes with laser surgery and then I could see fine but I've got this junk floating around all the time. Took a while to get use to it ... I use to swat at things that weren't there ... a great way to have a seat all to yourself even on a crowded bus LOL! I'll ask the doctor when I see him. Thanks again.

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

wasn't that the bs floating thru your eye balls?

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I hadn't thought of that but you're probably right; s*** floats LOL!

Good night all! I've been up since four in the morning and I'm beat!

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

My Mom's having eye problems, Ireland. It's scaring her and me. I so far am fortunate. Sorry about your malady.

19. ireland

ireland Active member

20. ireland

ireland Active member

i is just having me first cup of coffee

[​IMG]

What is Your Favorite Way to Make Coffee?

Posted by Cliff on Wednesday May 16, @06:25PM
    from the good-to-the-last-drop dept.
    Biotech Java
    markov_chain asks: "For a while I've been making coffee using home-ground whole beans and a standard drip maker. I settled on this method for its simplicity and good taste, even after trying numerous other methods (such as the French press, gravity percolators, and pressure percolators), each coupled with either pre-ground or whole beans. So far, the fresh ground beans are the only factor that made a significant difference in taste. However, when I recently spotted a a site that vaguely extols freshness, I began to wonder how much the freshness of the beans themselves affects the quality. Normally I thought the whole beans would retain the quality far longer, due to less surface area exposed to air, but clearly there still must be a decline; worse yet, it is difficult to gauge that decline since the sellers usually do not advertise the age of the beans. I would now like to pose a few questions. What is your preferred coffee-making method, and how does it compare to other methods you've tried? What are your favorite beans?"

Drip brew
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drip_brew

Coffee percolator
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_percolator

a site that vaguely extols freshness,
    http://www.coffeefool.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.