1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Chris...thank you for the good wishes my friend. They did a fasting blood sugar yesterday as well as bloodwork for liver and/or pancreas functions; I should have the results tomorrow. Tomorrow morning, I have to go for further tests; the doctor said I'd be there for at least three hours so I'm guessing its a glucose tolerance test. With the exception of grossly sweet things like pastry, they don't want me to refrain from my usual today saying it could throw off tomorrows test so as it stands, its still "wait and see". He did say that it might not be as bad as my reaction seemed to indicate ... I gained 30-35 pounds after I quit smoking so I've been on a diet to lose the weight and lost 20 lbs ... I really pigged out on this chocolate cake from the best bakery in the city (God was it good!) but after having been on a diet for the last several weeks combined with having a "borderine" problem to begin with the sudden ingestion of a large amount of sugar may have caused some sort of shock to the system. Guess I'll know soon enough! I'll keep you posted.

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

Fingers crossed + good luck gerry.

@Ripper, i had my literature exam today, it wasnt that hard actually, i got on ok. not sure if ill get my A though...may have to settle for a B lol.

3. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

I know the feelings of the sweets. I'll go so long behavingand all at once I'll have a craving for that big dinner and all the trimmings and say what the hell mise well have the desert too since I already blew it.It's bad enough everyday with the seniors bringing in home made cookies and cakes so I take them so as not to hurt their feelings and pass it on to others. But the one I can't resist is the one lady about once a month brings me a loaf of home made banana nut bread [which I've always been crazy about]and she has been bringing me since I've worked here before I found out about the diabetes.I always half to have a piece of that with some butter on it.I weighed 275 at the onslaught and now am at 212 the least I've weighed since the 60's.I need to quit smoking again but the last time I gained over thirty pounds.Chris

4. ireland

ireland Active member

SOON THIS MIGHT BE A FACT IF THE RIAA GETS ITS WAY

Record Companies Still Losing Money, So RIAA Has A New Scapegoat Target

Artists and labels seek royalties from radio

With CD sales tumbling, record companies and musicians are looking at a new potential pot of money: royalties from broadcast radio stations.
    For years, stations have paid royalties to composers and publishers when they played their songs. But they enjoy a federal exemption when paying the performers and record labels because, they argue, the airplay sells music.

Now, the Recording Industry Assn. of America and several artists’ groups are getting ready to push Congress to repeal the exemption, a move that could generate hundreds of millions of dollars annually in new royalties.

The decision to take on the volatile performance royalty issue again highlights the rough times the music industry is facing as listeners abandon compact discs for digital downloads, often listening to music shared with friends or obtained from file-sharing sites.

“The creation of music is suffering because of declining sales,” said RIAA Chief Executive Mitch Bainwol. “We clearly have a more difficult time tolerating gaps in revenues that should be there.”

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  5. Jaybo

Jaybo Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2007
  6. Jaybo

Jaybo Guest

Thanks for the chuckle of the day ireland I needed that. LOL!!

I tried to call ye, but alas all I got was that mechanical monster ye call an answering machine...

LOL!!

Got to go, will try to call later...

7. ireland

ireland Active member

HI JAYBO,
    the info in black was a joke the info in red ye all deside..

bad news,the ashtray puter is sick,its on its last legs..it lost it on board video and sound

its now on life support,a video and sound card,

how i found out,the ash-tray i tried to use the on board video while i was checking the ash-tray video card..in the garbage-can puter
    surprise no video..and i tried the on board sound another surprise,no on board sound..both are on one chip...

new report,
    its temp is going up..39.0c...102,2f from its always low of around 95f.
    .its heart is strong its temp is 75.4f (processor)

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ireland, that temp is alright but highly doubt that the sound & video is on 1 chip. is there any exclamation marks in device manager?

9. ireland

ireland Active member

DDP, is there any exclamation marks in device manager?

NO..as there would not be as the video and sound are working through cards..

the video and sound control on board is controled through the chip-set chip
    so ye may as well say it on one chip.

i changed the chip b-4 when my eyes were ok....i do have a backup new mother board..when or if it dies i will change the board.

10. Jaybo

Jaybo Guest

It's been on life support for a long, long, l o n g, time. Let it rest in peace.

Call stollery and see if he has another mobo on the shelf (trash bin) somewhere.

<giggle, and chuckling under me breath!>

{:eek:)

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

Jaybo you're alright with me. :) Anyone that gives ireland a hard time with humor and gets away with it is OK in my book. ;-)

....gm

edit: frikkin quote bug!!

12. ireland

ireland Active member

greensman

AFTER THAT POST I WILL SEND CREAKY THE CREEPER AFTER YE,[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ireland

ireland Active member

CHECK THIS OUT FOR A MOTHER AND PROCESSOR,Ash-tray puter...
    thats only with 2-fans on..the other 4-are switched off..
    remember this is a working computer..this week end a new mother will be installed.......

[​IMG]

14. ddp

temps are alright but cpu fan seems to be faster than normal

15. ireland

ireland Active member

good night all......that why its getting a new board tis week end..

note there both 10k fans..and they vary on there own..it could be at 5k when i check the fan speed..again

16. djscoop

djscoop Active member

okay who missed me...good to see most of you aD junkies are still around, along with a boat load of new people...

17. ddp

didn't notice you were gone!!!

18. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yes my canadian buddy have been gone for a few months. no internet, computer, PS2, or anything. Was on location in mexico doing production sound for a movie, then came home and just finished up doing sound for a tv show for fox, which was promptly canceled...what you guys been up to?

19. ddp

the usual bs.

20. djscoop

djscoop Active member

hee hee same crap, different day? have the spammers been multiplying?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.