1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billybob

billybob Regular member

Personally.I think you should stop having such a hissy fit ripper, and get back to working out how to run .exes on your school network :p

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

F1 is whats boring NO PASSING pretty much the whole race.

growing up in Indianapolis being the "Race Captiol Of The World" most people are race fans here .Thats why its the largest sporting event in the world

3. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

stuff the cars...bikes are the way to go

MotoGP...W.S.B. and best of all, the street races

Irelands NorthWest 200...Isle of Man TT ;)

forgot to say..Hi All

4. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD NIGHT,I LEAVE ME CUTE LITTLE LOVABLE puppy CAT TO PROTECT MY BACK.

[​IMG]

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good night all! We've just had a hell of a thunder-storm here in Philly; while we do get storms, such intense ones are pretty rare. It was quite something to see. I've just opened all my windows; I love that smell right after a thunderstorm and it will make for nice sleeping. Bonsoir!

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:
    Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
    Why the early bird gets the worm;
    Life isn't always fair;
    and Maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6 -year- old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Tylenol, sun lotion or a band-aid to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 3 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

7. ireland

ireland Active member

afternoon..

8. billybob

billybob Regular member

Lmao ireland thats class.

9. greensman

greensman Regular member

billybob you wouldn't know class if it hit you up side the head. hehehe.

ireland that's a beauty!! Love the golf jokes. LOL.

....gm

Good afternoon to all and hope your Memorial Day is going well. :)

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good Afternoon Everyone! And a warm and brotherly salute to all members here who served in the armed forces of whichever country they call home.

11. ireland

ireland Active member

OLD GAS STATIONS
    WHEN GAS WAS LESS THEN A DOLLAR

[​IMG]

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i remember thoses days Ireland and sure miss them lol

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2007
  13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Yeah, I remember them too. I worked in a gas station when I was a kid (no self serve in those days) and a lot of the older folks would tell how much gas to pump by the gallon, not the dollar amount. Doing that today would sure be a costly error!

@aabbccdd...I agree almost entirely with your eulogy to common sense! I had a nun put me in the hospital once so I'm kind of iffy on the school discipline thing LOL!

14. ireland

ireland Active member

Happy Memorial Day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more here link
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day

15. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Nice joke Ireland that woke me up today :)

16. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD NIGHT ALL..

SWEET DREAMS TO YE ALL...

17. FredBun

FredBun Active member

LOL, good one guys, anyway, my first gallon of gas I paid for cost me 26 cents, besides Ireland how many can remember that one.

18. little155

little155 Regular member

I can remember the old stations, they were the best. You probably knew the owner and he cleaned your windshield and checked your oil, no matter whether you bought one gallon or one dollars worth of gas.

19. Shardel

Shardel Guest

When I was little my dad owned a gas station. I have a picture of me
    at 2 years old standing by the sign. It said 9 cents a gallon. How
    old does that make me? I'll never tell.

20. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good morning everyone!

Hell, now they even charge you for air for your tires! (Ever notice how the damned machine knocks off after only two tires?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.