Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Wow, that actually works. Lol..

xD

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland ... that's really cool! I wonder who comes up with such things!

Good Morning Everyone! Well, they've temporarily got me working out of two offices so I haven't been around as much. I usually have AD minimized on my desktop and play around between clients but I can't do that on the road!

I had a good laugh this morning. The philly police have a couple of floors of my office building where they do training. This morning they had the swat teams in. What a sorry sight LOL! In the movies, they're always these big, muscular fearsome looking types...well, not this bunch! Way too many donuts! They should use these guys for one of these "police squad" comedies!

3. ireland

ireland Active member

i need a little coffee all for me self,a 40 cup-er
    [​IMG]

4. little155

little155 Regular member

Is that you, ireland, that does the Kinko's (all nighter) add. HeHeHe

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  5. ireland

ireland Active member

6. ireland

ireland Active member

7. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD NIGHT TO THE GHOSTS THAT WERE HERE AT AFTERDAWN

[​IMG]

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good morning all! I haven't been out yet but it seems like its going to be another really hot day in Philly. It seems we don't have springtime anymore; just cold to hot. At least we still have fall though.

I went to this fancy (and lengthy) reception last night at the Bellevue Stratford but my buddy and I were lucky as we sat with some really cool people so we didn't use our usual room-clearing tactic on people from outside the city and it goes something like this: "...to think, it was right here in this very room that legionnaires disease first infected and killed people" ...or something of the sort. Funny how still, some three decades later, such a sentence will bring back memories capable of clearing a room LOL! Actually, I would never so such a thing.

9. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Good morning all start of another hot day in Mi. from 50's to 90's no inbetween. Chris

10. ireland

ireland Active member

afternoon

11. ireland

ireland Active member

A WELCOME FROM GERRY1 TO HIS HOMETOWN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO! You hit the nail on the head< ireland ... they actually come in shooting! ...when in Rome, I guess!

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good Sunday morning everyone!It's only 12:30 and I've already cleaned my apartment, overloaded the dishwasher, did my laundry and now I'm going to do some grocery shopping because, like ol' mother Hubbard, me cupboards are bare!

14. billybob

billybob Regular member

Its 6 o clock and i still have the worst hangover in the world!!

Although, my friend is head chef at a brilliant restaurant so i get 50% off discount :D

Yes thats right, a 10oz sirloin steak for £3.50 :D Cant complain ;)

15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@billyboy ... Since it stands to reason that your hangover wasn't the consequence of eating a 10 oz slab of bovine butt, I can only conclude that you're been engaging in underaged drinking in a public establishment. Tisk, tisk, tisk. If memory serves, there are no laws about drinking at home but there are laws against drinking in restaurants and pubs ... am I right?

I have mentioned to you several times in the past, and with a humility sufficient to unthrone the greatest of the saints, that my conduct was nothing short of saintly at your age; I would never have engaged in such self destructive and hedonistic behavior ... let alone break the law. Such a lush at your age; it just breaks the heart ;)

Be careful, meboy, that you and your friend don't end up in the clink, in which case, I'd have to address you as "borstal boy" instead of "billy boy"!

Now go to confession and promise never to do it again. Or, if you wish, you can post your sins here and do the confession / absolution thing online:

http://www.ivescrewedup.com/

16. billybob

billybob Regular member

Lmao.

Actually it was at my friends house, but we then went to the resteraunt the following morning.

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@gerry1

You sure missed a lot of fun, if you were a teenage teetotaler. Where I grew up if you had the coinage and could put it on the bar, you got a drink. Maybe that's why I didn't drink that much back then. There was really no challenge getting it. But when we drank, we drank! God and it was cheap then. LMAO

18. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@garmoon...my tale of youthful sainthood was tongue in cheek if not a total reversal of how things actually were LOL! A priest at our parish use to order scotch by the case and we, good boy scouts that we were, would help ourseles and then go "camping" LOL! The drinking age in Rhode Island (all the New England states) was 21. When we got a old enough to drive, we sometimes we would drive to New York (where the drinking age was 18) and stock up in a huge way. Also, shameless creatures that we were, we would get some wino to buy for us while letting him buy a bottle on us! (Little monsters, weren't we?) They were strict about buying booze at home. Later, even when I was in the seminary, theology, latin and drinking were the most important of our studies LOL!

19. ireland

ireland Active member

good evening

20. ireland

ireland Active member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.