1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredBun

FredBun Active member

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@FredBun...I got a chuckle out of that one!

Good Morning Everyone! Good ol' Gerry1 is in a lot of pain today and not terribly sociable (I'm the sort who just crawls under a rock when things get like this). Still, I hope everyone has a great one! I did come to work but plan to do as little as possible (well, I guess I do that everyday!)

3. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning

for gerry1,ye think ye have pain

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  4. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOW that brought a tear to me eye!! LOL. Thanks for the laughs this morning. :)

...gm

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO! That was good!

6. ireland

ireland Active member

I IS ON A ROLL THIS MORN
    ENJOY

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Lord, isn't that the truth Ireland! Every decade or so, someone starts a "buy american" campaigne ... not a whole lot of merchandise to choose from anymore!

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

True or not I can relate to the story. I work for a small corporation on a golf course and they always cut labor first. WHY??? It's not like the place got any smaller. Well before I go on forever and need to visit the Kettle Black thread I'll stop there. :)

....gm

9. ireland

ireland Active member

afternoon

10. ireland

ireland Active member

To all you baby boomers:

Turn up the volume, sit back and enjoy a review of 50 years of history in less than 3 minutes!

Thanks to Billy Joel and some guy from the University of Chicago with too much time to on their hands!

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~yeli23/Flash/Fire.html

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

Afternoon to all.....

Had to add this........golf related you know..... :)

10 BEST GOLF CADDY RESPONSES

# 10 -- Golfer: 'Think I'm going to drown myself in the lake.'
    Caddy: 'Think you can keep your head down that long?'

# 9 -- Golfer: 'I'd move heaven and earth to break 100 on this course.'
    Caddy: 'Try heaven, you've already moved most of the earth.'

# 8 -- Golfer: 'Do you think my game is improving?'
    Caddy: 'Yes sir, you miss the ball much closer now.'

# 7 -- Golfer: 'Do you think I can get there with a 5 iron?' >
    Caddy: 'Eventually.'

# 6 -- Golfer: 'You've got to be the worst caddy in the world.'
    Caddy: 'I don't think so sir. That would be too much of a coincidence.'

# 5 -- Golfer: 'Please stop checking your watch all the time. It's too much of a distraction.' Caddy: 'It's not a watch - it's a compass. '

# 4 -- Golfer: 'How do you like my game?'
    Caddy: 'Very good sir, but personally, I prefer golf.'

# 3 -- Golfer: 'Do you think it's a sin to play on Sunday?'
    Caddy: 'The way you play, sir, it's a sin on any day.'

# 2 -- Golfer: 'This is the worst course I've ever played on.'
    Caddy: 'This isn't the golf course. We left that an hour ago.'

And the #1 Best Caddy Comment.....

# 1 -- Golfer: 'That can't be my ball, it's too old.'
    Caddy: 'It's been a long time since we teed off, sir.'
    >

12. ireland

ireland Active member

greensman

Gotcha

Marvin was a 14-handicapper, but one day he walked up to his club pro, a scratch golfer, and challenged him to a match. He proposed they put up $100 each on the outcome.

"But," Marvin said to the pro, "since you're so much better than me, you have to give me two 'gotchas'."

"A 'gotcha'?" the golf pro asked, "what's that?"

"Don't worry," Marvin replied, "I'll use one of my 'gotchas' on the first tee and you'll understand."

The golf pro figured that whatever 'gotchas' were, giving up only two of them was no big deal - especially if one had to be used on the first tee. So he agreed to the bet, and the pro and Marvin headed to the first tee to start their match.

Around four hours later, club members were amazed to see the pro handing Marvin $100. The pro had lost to Marvin!

The club members waited for the pro to enter the clubhouse, then asked him what happened.

"Well," the pro said, "I took the club back on the first tee, and as I started my downswing, Marvin knelt behind me, reached up between my legs and grabbed my crotch, and yelled 'Gotcha!' "

The club pro just shook his head. "Have you ever tried to play 18 holes waiting for the second 'gotcha'?"

13. billybob

billybob Regular member

Haha greensman :D

I like. lol.

14. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@Ireland

I loved the toilet humor about the bar. Was a classic I had a feeling it was going to turn out like that.

Also Loved the old couple. Hey at least at their age they are still in trying new things :p

15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Ireland...enjoyed your "Didn't start the fire" video ... I thought it was pretty well done!

Good night boys and girls! I've not had the greatest of days...off to bed in the hope that the ol' bones will be better tomorrow! Sweet Dreams!

16. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning,for ye science nuts,who are just like me

Breakthrough brings 'Star Trek' teleport a step closer
    By Steve Connor, Science Editor
    Published: 04 June 2007

Scientists have set a new record in sending information through thin air using the revolutionary technology of quantum teleportation - although Mr Spock may have to wait a little longer for a Scotty to beam him up with it.

link to story
    http://news.independent.co.uk/sci_tech/article2611757.ece#2007-06-04T00:00:25-00:00

E. coli Thrives in Beach Sands
    The perils of a day at the beach aren’t always as easy to see as riptides, broken shells and jellyfish—the sand at the shore may harbor E. coli and other potentially dangerous disease-causing bacteria, a recent study showed.

link to story
    http://www.livescience.com/health/070604_beach_ecoli.html

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Also sounds like "The Fly", Ireland lol!

Good morning everyone! Still creaky this morning but a hell of a lot better than yesterday!

18. little155

little155 Regular member

Good for you, hope you're much, much better by tomorrow. Goog morning all. George

19. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Thanks George!

20. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good morning all! I'm feeling much better today, stiff, but thats everyday so back to the status quo to which I've grown accustomed.

MY DADDY IS 101 YEARS OLD TODAY!! You know, I emerged from the womb wearing glasses and had to start using a cane when I was in my late twenties. At 101, Dad still doesn't wear glasses, and complained like hell when he started using a cane a 95 or so LOL! The old coot is still perfectly with it... aside from occasionally forgetting what he's talking about in the middle of a sentence but rather than get upset, he just blushes and laughs at himself! I rather wish you could all talk to him; he's seen a lot and his stories can keep you enthralled for hours ... the first car he'd seen when everyone still used horse and buggy (everyone thought the auto was a "phase" LOL!; the roar in the sky when every got their first view of the airplane. He's got great stories about how they shared their family farm with the Indians in Quebec. The telephone, indoor plumbing, the radio ... it goes on and on. Strangely enough, the one inventioned which impressed him the most was the invention of the ball point and it amazes him to this day how they can write for so long without ever having to dip it in an ink well LOL! I love you, Dad!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.