1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Yes its very unnecessary Gerry like this comment posted towards me

I mean why would he (Ripper made the post) even care lol

but thats par for the course around here with the Kiddieland Klan. Statements like that continue to prove there 14 years old.

then everyone wonders why alot of the aDas have moved on or left.

getting rid of the SV would be fine with me or at least most the threads it causes to many problems.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2007
  2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Hey abcd,
    Welcome back. Arguments go on everwhere around AD. I suspect if you close the SV more would crop up elsewhere. AD also has all those console forums where things get out of hand. I don't browse the SV looking for arguments, so I'm really not on top of everything that's happening. Are arguments in the SV that prolific?

3. billybob

billybob Regular member

Heyyyy abbbcccddd!

Well, just so happens you may be talking a bit about my good friend ripper there...who is consequently...wel..whatdya know, only a few months younger than me.

So...you know i could take a lil bit of offense from "Kiddleland Klan" which sounded like it (tho no where near witty, clever or in any way offensive) seems to derive from some stereotypes within you. Therefore, by deducing this limited info and my assumptions, ive come to the conclusion that

[​IMG]

If im wrong, im sorry.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@aabbccdd

Welcome back mate :)

@gerry

Thanxs for the MJ pic as a big fan of his work i enjoyed seeing one of his works fail :p

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Welcome back aabbccdd, been too quiet without you around here.
    Just don't let the kiddies get to you.

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@aabbccdd
    welcome back ole buddy. thought we might have lost you too.. good to see ya again. ;)

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@aabbccdd...Wecome back guy! I disagree with you about the safety valve; sometimes we have such a great time and lately, though slower, things have been so much better. Some people just need to keep their damned mouths shut if they have nothing good to say.

@Billyboy...14/15 year olds are, in many respects, no different than the old farts; some are great people some are a$$holes.

Behave billy or I'll have to get a fresh batch of trout LOL!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2007
  8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

AND WITH THAT STATEMENT YOUR PROVING MY POINT. if you Kids are going to dish it out your gonna have to suck it up and TAKE it too bro!!

theres a few that WILL NOT be back and the post like the one above is part/one of the reasons why.

QUOTE vvvvvvvv

the word it out,that afterdawn is a children site..that is why most if not all left afterdawn.

and this quote is from an OUTSTANDING member that has left

if this keeps snowballing all we will have is the Kiddieland Klan left

so maybe you younger guys should stop and Think before you post invalid/stupid statements or maybe its something you won't/don't get or will not understand for another 20 or 30 years. in the mean time this place is going down the drain

thanks everyone for the warm weclome back,greetings all

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007
  9. billybob

billybob Regular member

Yes alphabet, i perfectly expect it back if ive dished it out. Only, it was ripper who made that comment, not me.

Us kids.

I give up.

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

I can't remember where that came from but it applies to many situations and across many continents. :D

I think a BIG dose of MATURITY and APPLIED UNDERSTANDING would go a long way in many situations that arise here at AD.

Enough from me before I actually PISS someone off!! ;)

...gm

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well you got me pissed off. can you tell my why and how a hole can be 691yards away and only be a par 4?????and have 2 sand traps and a water hole?????

anyway...my insight on it if your not gonna help out, or as someone has in there profile "teach or be tought" shut your pie hole.
    its good to dissagree the world would suck if everyone agreed on everything but dang it dont have to end in a full blown flame war...

Kiddyland Klan......
    thats funny right there i dont care who ya are...lmao... rotflmao

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

WTF wheres my post???

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@cincyrob ...

That's a British expression.

Well, thigs have been going quite well here lately...a little slower but fun and even respectfull serious and I think we'd all like to heep it that way.

@aabbccdd ... you're right, many have left because of smart mouth kids, many in the console forums and, to a lesser degree, here in the safety valve but so too, some of the departures in recent months have been "adults" but by definition only. Among the recent departures and despite their impressive knowledge on their fields, some of the most abrasive people I've seen since joining AD in 2003 were "adults". We've had countless newbs who VERY politely asked admittedly stupid questions (like I did initially) only to be verbally assulted and in a very severe manner, I might ad and I can't tell you how often I've seen this happen. We do complain and regret that so many good members have left us but I would gladly wager that we lost two or three times the number of newbs who would have been outstanding members who got, essentially, abused and called stupid idiots. I initially came because I couldn't figure out how to rewrite a nonrewritable DVD! Talk about stupid LOL! But I never would have returned if I'd been treated that way.

My point is that it simply depends on the kid just as it does with the obnoxtious (sp?) adult. I know that billyboy is a great kid; maybe he needs to control his temper a bit but I've never seen him start it (Except when he first joined a couple of years ago and told some guy to go kill himself and got banned for a couple of weeks ...thought I'd forgotten, huh? LOL) but he's been great since.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  14. greensman

greensman Regular member

gerry1 try this.... :p link

cincyrob you have in some way pissed yourself off because you can't except the fact that an idiot would design a PAR 4 hole 600 + yards long. LOL. Just except the fact that things like that happen and go on your merry way. :p btw I need a good fishing trip, YOU READY???? I got the food you bring the BEER. :D

aabbccdd you have marked a new segment of the AD crowd. LOL. THE DOUBLE K. LOL. KK. You know you could add another K in there but that's already taken by another group of people, well I think they're people. :p Krazy Kiddieland Klan. OOoooops I said it. hehehe.

FUNNY/JOKE/HUMOROUS people, so spare the attacks. :p

....gm

BTW where's ireland when you need a good pic for the situation. hahaha. ireland you there??? Send me a pic!! :D

15. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

cincyrob, which post are you talking about?

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@ddp
    the one right before i wrote where's my post? i posted it. it refreshed nothing was there. then iposted "wtf wheres my post" and when that posted they both were there....

its the same problem we have been talking about in the other thread.

17. ddp

i guess we are still having server problems. post in "if the site has a problem" thread that you are still having problems. want me to delete out 1 of your double thread & which 1?

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea delete out the last one. i just copied it i will paste it in that thread. thanks

19. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@ddp
    The double posting is happening all over the site...and the site is taking forever to post replies...

20. ddp

cincyrob, double deleted

Lp531, i haven't had that problem yet today but then i'm on a friend's pc who has rogers ultra-lite speed which is slow. post in the same thread as i told cincyrob to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.