1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

Hello all just stopping by to say hello and i posted a couple of help posts today
    i see no old timers were around to post this thread...

billybob if ye stop by heres a new sig to try out..

[​IMG]
    cheers

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

Thanks mate! :)

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I've still been monitoring this thread. It's been hotter than hell and almost 100% humidity here in central Ohio.

Only 88-89 today,lower humidity,so a huge relief, LOL.

Any of the older members out there: I just put in horseshoe pits with Blue Clay. 300 lbs of clay per pit. Very sweet,but been too hot to do much pitching.

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

103ยบ here in Charlotte, Too busy painting a room to go out and melt.

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Last i heard here in cincinnati it was 93.

dang saugman im gonna have to make a trip up there and visit you.. get some of those fish your catchin and pitch some shoes...lol

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

It twas a bad season for the Saugeye sleighin. Only got 108 keepers this year, 1/3 of what we got last year.

I had a hard time finding people to fish with me. I did take a couple members from a fishing forum site.A guy from columbus and 1 guy from cincinnati who happened to be at my nearby lake for a long weekend trip. I got him up there for 1 day and got the nicest haul of the year.Ended up with 3 fish ohio award winners that day.

Get a hold of me during the prime trolling time of memorial day through to the week of the 4th of july. I take majority of my vacation during that span.

Edit: BTW rob, We were down near your neck of the woods last saturday- King's Island. Very hot,long lines,and packed. Son of Beast was broke down most of the time and Tomb Raider was shut down all day. If I didn't have free tickets, I wouldn't bother going on a weekend. Bottle of pop at the pop machine=$3

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  7. ireland

ireland Active member

I spent a little time here today as i did not have much to do today.Since i left weeks ago with out the old timers posting,this thread and site got so slow.and it not because of the summer months.
    see ye all
    cheers

During one of her daily classes a teacher trying to teach good manners,
    asked her students the following question: "Michael, if you were on a date
    having dinner with a nice young lady, how would you tell her that you have
    to go to the bathroom?"

Michael said, "Just a minute I have to go pee."

The teacher responded by saying, "That would be rude and impolite. What
    about you Peter, how would you say it?"

Peter said, "I am sorry, but I really need to go to the bathroom. I'll be
    right back."

That's better, but it' s still not very nice to say the word bathroom at the
    dinner table. And you, Little Johnny, can you use your brain for once and
    show us your good manners?"

"I would say: Darling, may I please be excused for a moment? I have to shake
    hands with a very dear friend of mine, whom I hope you'll get to meet after
    dinner."

The teacher fainted!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good Morning ALL!
    @Ireland ... nice to see you posting again, my friend!

Well, I haven't been around much this week but, finally, a week from hell is over. Because of my neck and back though, I have a really hard time sitting in one place for any length of time so my neck and back are killing me but I have the weekend to recover. One good thing came of it: I need new glasses and contact lens; I couldn't read the powerpoint at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2007
  9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

WHERE IS EVERYBODY? Well, good morning all!

It going to be a day of annoying necessities: I've got to do laundry or( go to work nekkid tomorrow ... not a pretty sight!). I'm also going to defrost my frost free refrigerator. Then I'm going to wash my dishes before putting them in the dish washer. Methinks I need new appliances.

10. billybob

billybob Regular member

Where the hells rav? Where the hells permiggs? WHERES MAXBURN!?

11. ireland

ireland Active member

do ye members get a funny feeling like this guy?
    i wonder if this is the old timer's..letting us know there still around

For the last few months, I have had a funny feeling that something is stalking me. There are many signs. Whenever I'm walking, I hear loud footsteps. When I stop walking, I can still hear them. When I turn around, the footsteps are gone. I keep seeing someone crawling on the floor in the corner of my eye. When I look, no one is there. I have a Halloween mask. The other night, I awoke to see it on my bed staring at me. When I awoke the next day, I found it in my cupboard. I often feel a hand on my shoulder that grabs tightly. There is a tall black figure behind me with it's arm raised, ready to strike. It's weird. I wonder if it's a sign.

Legend: Chanting "Bloody Mary!" thirteen times in front of a candlelit mirror will summon a vengeful spirit.

Examples: [Collected on Internet, 2007]

If you go into the bathroom and look into the mirror with the lights off and the room completely black, and then say 'Bloody Mary' thirteen times, a woman will appear and scratch your face up/off.

I was told that if you said "Hell Mary" seven times in front of a mirror in a dark room, you would see Satan's image in the mirror. The story was embellished further by the teller, who claimed that after three "Hell Mary", the mirror turned red, and that after five an unclear face appeared.

Here's how I always heard the story. You go into a room with a mirror and turn all the lights off (this works well in a bathroom). You begin, in a whisper, to chant "bloody mary. bloody mary, Bloody Mary", as you continue to chant your voice should grow louder and louder into a near scream. While you are chanting you should be spinning around at a medium rate and taking a glimpse in the mirror at each pass. Near the 13th repetition of the words . . . "she" should appear and...?

A frend of mine said that her roommate tried this and ran out screaming from the bathroom. She was shaking and appeared genuinely terrified and refused to talk about the incident, but those who were around her when she came out noticed that her clenched fingers were covered in blood.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  12. rav009

rav009 Active member

You remembered me :D *feels all warm and fuzzy inside*

Enjoying summer?

13. billybob

billybob Regular member

Course i remember you!! Your the one who got me stuck here :D You guys have helped me alot, ill never forget that.

Its actually doing okay mate :D Making some money, waiting on my GCSE results. Got a job at a cafe at cannon park mate :) Hehe. Classy or what?

Your around and about, hell, if youve got the time might even bump into you one day :p If i havent already.

What about you? Hows summer going for you buddy?

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good Morning All! I haven't been around much for the last week or two; schedule from hell. I had a hell of a fun taxi ride this morning though; had some good ones in the past but this one was one for the books. I look upon it as an amusement park ride to take the edge off! He was an Indian guy with a turban (I forget the name of the sect). He flew through this intersection at incredible speed and just swirved around this old couple crossing the street. I must have gasped a bit because then he heard me and said in his indian accent..."Oh, plenty of room Sir" "No problem , Sir". (Sounded rather like that Indian guy on the Simpsons!)

15. billybob

billybob Regular member

Gerry, that sect would most proabably be Sikh (religion:sikhism)

And that guy of the simpsons is called Apu!! :)

[​IMG]

Tehe:D

16. ireland

ireland Active member

TEST TO BECOME A (AfterDawn Addict) OR (AfterDawn Addict) TO MOD..

1. Ramone has an AK-47 with a 30 round clip. He usually misses 6 out of
    every 10 shots and he uses 13 rounds per drive-by shooting. How many
    drive-by shootings can Ramone attempt before he has to reload? ________

2. Otis has 2 ounces of cocaine. If he sells an 8 ball to Antonio for
    $3 20 and 2 grams to Juan for $85 per gram, What is the street value of
    the rest of his hold? _________

3. DeShawn pimps 3 Girls. If the price is $85 per trick. How many tricks
    per day must each Girl turn to support DeShawn's $800 per day crack habit?
    ________

4. Darius wants to cut the pound of cocaine he bought for $40,000 to make
    20% profit. How many ounce bags will he need to make to obtain the 20%
    profit? _______

5. Desmond gets $200 for a stolen BMW, $150 for stealing a Corvette, and
    $100 for a 4x4. If he steals 1 BMW, 2 Corvettes and 3 4x4's, How many more
    Corvettes must he steal to have $900? _______

6. LeRoy got 6 years for murder. He also got $10,000 for the hit. If his
    common-law wife spends $100 of his hit money per month, How much money will be left when he gets out? __________

7. If an average can of spray paint covers 22 square feet and the
    average letter is 3 square feet. How many letters can be sprayed with 3 eight ounce cans of spray paint with 20% paint left over? ________

8. Tyrone knocked up 3 girls in the gang. There are 27 girls in his gang.
    What is the exact percentage of girls Tyrone knocked up? ________

9. LaSheena is a lookout for the gang. LaSheena also has a boa
    constrictor that eats 3 small rats per week at a cost of $5 per rat. If
    LaSheena makes $700 week as a lookout, How many weeks can she feed her snake on one week's income? _________

10. Marvin steals Joe's skateboard. As Marvin skates away at 15 mph, Joe
    loads his 357 Magnum. If it takes Joe 20 seconds to load his piece, how
    far away will Marvin be when he gets whacked? _________

17. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Guranteed not to be a straight math problem. :)

1. 2, with 4 rounds left over.

2. $2,004.67

3. 3.137 tricks. :)

4. 16 bags (at $3,000 per bag) since there are 16 ounces in a pound.

5. 1 more Corvette.

6. $2,800.

7. 17.6 letters

8. 11.11%. But, he knocked up 100% of the 3 girls. :)

9. 46.667 weeks.

10. He probably won't get him, because he is already 440.1' away.

So, let's have the real answers. :)

18. billybob

billybob Regular member

Ireland, to be a true aD addict,

id answer: I really dont care, im too busy posting to answer any of them, and even if i wasnt im really too lazy to answer them.

:D Billy wins.

19. onya

onya Guest

1) Ramone was killed while trying to reload after another pittifull attempt.

2) Otis lost his calculator and is now out of business.

3) DeShawn now supports his own habit, and does not like it at all.

4) The pimply faced guy at the checkout bought the entire months stock, and tells Darius to push off.

5) Desmond was told to up his prices as slave labour is illegal.

6) LeRoy's missus is now in a witness protection program. Fraud was never her specialty.

7) I'll tell you after my sons court appearance.

8) The other 24 girls are now undergoing treatment for rejection issues.

9) IT doesn't matter as it was killed in one of Ramones pittiful drive-bys.

10) Because Joe used a 357 Magnum, Marvin was found in too many places to acurately tell.

Did I pass?

20. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Answers in NC,

1. Since Ramone was such a lousey shot, Jose put a .308 slug between his eyes the next trip, answer. zero more drive bys.

2. Nada, Otis ran into Jose, Jose don't like competition, Jose don't miss, remember? Now Otis has his own yellow outline down on Freedom drive. Someone else stole the flowers and teddy bear his girlfriend left at the scene.

3. Deshawn is in rehab, one of his Hos was dirty and Jose don't like going to the doctors. Jose was in a good mood otherwise Deshawn would be dead meat as well.

4. Just one large body bag, you cut it, they cut you, end of story.

5. $100 a month? It took the ho like 46 minutes to spend the $10,000 and like 48 minutes to find another sugar daddy.

6. Desmond made a big mistake, you don't mess with Bubbas truck. Now Bubba had to go and shoot 'yo sorry A$$, Desmond now fertilizes the watermelon patch.

7. Just one, spraying over another tag will get 'yo a$$ capped.

8. Don't matter, girl number two was Jose's sister, Jose demonstrated his amazing surgical skills with a machete. Tyrone said goodbye to his little friend, hello to the womens bathrooms the rest of his life.

9. Lasheena spent too much time feeding the damm snake and missed Jose and his cousins coming around the corner, she had a nice obituary under the name Jane Doe.

10. When he finished loading his .357, Joe realized Marvin was out of range, Joe called Bubba and Bubba drove over to Marvin's and proceeded to drive over Marvin 'cuz Marvin was too stoned to realize the loud noise he was hearing was Bubba driving thru his bedroom in his monster truck. Joe will get his skateboard back when he finishes cleaning Marvin out from the fender wells of Bubbas truck.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.