1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Garmoon, I suppose you're right, I just don't like most artwork I see. Buildings in center city are required to put up a piece of art and it's always some ugly thing like this. It does seve it's purpose thought; "I'll meet you by the clothespin" is a common phrase if you work in the area LOL!
    [​IMG]

2. Shardel

Shardel Guest

Awesome bronze, magnificent building. Is it on the National Historic
    Register?

3. billybob

billybob Regular member

so these two pieces of tarmac are sitting in a bar.

Tarmac one and tarmac 2.

Tarmac one says to tarmac 2 "im the toughest piece of tarmac around. Id beat the crap out of any other piece of tarmac"

A red piece of tarmac approaches them in the bar and says "come on then, if your so tought...fight ME!"

"no no no," said tarmac one, "I didnt mean you....sorry mate...didnt mean to anger you"

*The red piece walks away*

tarmac 2 says too tarmac 1, "What? I thought youw ere the toughest piece of tarmac around...why didnt you fight him?"

So tarmac one said, "Nah, not him. Not that red piece of tarmac...i heard he's a cyclepath!!!"

Aha. [psychopath]

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

afternoon

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@billyboy ... that has to be the worst joke I've ever heard LOL!

How are you Loco!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2007
  6. LOCOENG

@gerry

I have to agree about that being the worst joke ever. I'm well, everything is eerily quiet today.

7. little155

little155 Regular member

gerry, I agree, joke and betrayal. Maybe there is a need for a thread on "How to get rid of all the Old Timers" George

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I'm lurking on this and a few other threads specifically to make sure there's no more sillyness going on re Ireland, we're under instruction to close threads that are being used in this way; it's a new day fellas, i didn't close the Kettle thread but only 'cus someone else beat me to it. Time to stop the morbid conversations, all the facts on this subject were posted in the other thread ie no betrayal's gone on/going on, no-one's being slighted or mistreated or unappreciated, no need to keep those chins dragging on the floor, too much real life misery out there in the real world..
    I like Ireland, it's his choice if he wants to leave, no-one else's, there's certainly no-one edging him out. And on that note, let's not disrespect him by dragging this on...

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

2nd that & didn't close any of his threads since the last time.

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Creaky, ddp ... While I disagree with just about everything you wrote, Creaky, I have nothing further to say on the matter save for my own silent protest which I and others believe to be a genuine one. I'm very fond of a lot of people here and its not right to bring the whole site down despite an all too real trangression. Enough said.

@Little155 ... I thank you more than you could know, as does Ireland, for the support in this issue but if only on that one point, creaky is correct; lets drop the whole thing.

I'm already 15 mins late for my math class and I'm sure everyone is in their chairs complaining. See everyone later.

11. ddp

gerry, math class?

12. little155

little155 Regular member

jerry, creaky, ddp, I won't speak another word, good day everyone.

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@ddp ... I'm very sore and therefore very cranky (I've been packing boxes because I'm moving again) anyway, a friend of mine will do it for me. I teach a one hour math class twice a week...nothing fancy or impressive, believe me, just plain ol grammar school and high school math ... kids who've dropped out of high school but want to get their HS Diploma. Actually, it can be fun. We've got all these laws about why kids can't be expelled from high school anymore so all the good kids actually quit school out of fear...the bad apples stay and the good ones leave. I can't blame them, I had to do some work out of area high schools and I thank my stars I didn't have to go to school here or I probably would have been a drop out myself!

14. ddp

i know about sore as been helping out next door neighbor excavating under his side porch so that eventually can have a room there & stairs from ground floor. just wondering about the math class so now don't need to wonder anymore.

15. Phlax

Phlax Guest

Evening all.

16. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

lol @ all these subliminal sigs.. mine's rather predictable.. i feel left out!

17. LOCOENG

I think I'll keep mine too Lethal...

BTW phlax, you mispelled flavor.

18. ddp

not me as i have the best 1 as i don't have 1!!!!!! loco, england does it differently then you guys south of my border.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

nope!, that's the proper English way of spelling it, just like colour :)

20. Phlax

Phlax Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.