1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I know, just having a go as usual at the youngin.

The same would go for creaky's spelling of color.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I've been spelling it that way since i was at school, back when we used dead sea scrolls (papyrus) to write on, and we had feathers for pens, i was even in the same class at school as Oliver Twist, he had the same dry humour as me but then he became famous when he featured in that book, i never did see him again, bless him..

3. Phlax

Phlax Guest

I'm used to it LOCOENG; quite the hardened aD youngin nowadays :p

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Creaky ... was it Oliver Twist that had the character "Master Bates"? ...some Dickens novel.

5. creaky

yup, here's an old school photo, i shouldn't moan that Oliver got famous, after all he did get hauled off to that workhouse, school was never the same after that

[​IMG]

6. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

HI :)
    creaky...LOCO...gerry...ddp....young Ben, and uncle Tom cobbley (cobly...cobbly) and all
    i won't say hullo like normal because i know it might be hello
    oh well! back to lurking with the creaky person

7. Phlax

Phlax Guest

creaky's the one who's face you can't see on the left, scratching his head and wondering where he is ;-)

8. creaky

lol @Phlax.

cor that gurnard's as fast as a whippet, he just flew by...

9. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

o rly?

i think you'll find you and your country spell neighbour, labour, flavour etc wrong ;-)

Evening young Gurnard! Evening all!

10. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

@ creaky :)

sorry about that...since i've changed from gas to electricity to run my puter, can't keep up with it anymore.

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Nope, we changed the spelling so it would sound more like the word being pronounced. We even made it official with our own dictionary. LOL You guys on the other side of the pond merely hung on to the older spellings while the pronounciations changed. Not many of the English speaking the Old English these days. Most on both sides of the pond wouldn't understand that. My first encounter was with the works of Shakespeare and it took a while to get used to. I still don't have a good working knowledge of that English. Nowadays the Brits and Yanks say the same words with a different accent and a few word differences. Seems most Brits don't know what a truck is? LOL I know how to say lorry. Lorry? Truck? How'd you guys go wrong there? LOL

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  12. billybob

billybob Regular member

Phlax, i need a word with you.

Everyone else, im a bit pissed off i never got a say on the matter, but seeing as everyones stopped now, i wont start.

But there is a serious lack of respect going on.

Edit: To clarify, i meant lack of respect towards mods AND Old timers.

13. creaky

@billybob - i'm assuming you're referring to the subject we're now not discussing, the subject that showed that there's a serious lack of respect for us mods, who are here not for any forum buddies, but for something like 500,000 forum users or whatever the figure is.. what's more important here is the general public's perception of this site, not a few people who don't agree with us mods keeping the place clean for those 500,000 people....

Not aiming that at you, just saying that in case that subject comes up again and this chat thread gets closed...

edited for strange grammar

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

based on a dream i had...
    [​IMG]

15. Phlax

Phlax Guest

la-la-la

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

hmm, by looking at the picture there, it would seem the E and D keys on my keyboard mysteriously traded places.... >.>

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Afternoon all.

Bah Humbug

18. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Late last night I did get on the bitch thread, after reading which I always do on several threads every day, I don't post much but find reading all of them very entertaining to me besides the things I learn.

I was just getting ready to make a responce about what happined and post my feelings about it and wham it got closed, OK you guys wanted nothing further said about Ireland, OK fine I won't, even though I would love to say plenty.

The bitch thread was a really cool one, and I don't know which mod closed it nor do I care, but I will say it was a mistake, after all isn't what the thread is all about, somebody's BITCH for the day, people complaining is what it was all about, and after several more pages or less it would have been done and over with, get sore at me for saying so I don't care, but whatever mod did it he or she dropped the ball on this one, and don't close this thread on account of my post here, I'm not talking about Ireland even though I will miss him big time, the decision is his even though I hope he doesnt leave.

What I will ask that you mod guys let somebody open another one, it was a nice thread you know it and I know it. Nuff said.

19. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Ditto..:)

20. Phlax

Phlax Guest

Why is everyone blaming the mods? ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.