1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

I'm Not...Just voicing My Opinion on Closing the Thread...Thought that was its purpose..:)

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

As i already posted, 'twas not me who closed the Bitch thread, though i was halfway to the reply button with intent to close it at the time.

I know the real, main reason that's underlying all this drama; it's blatantly obvious, as it has been on previous forum mutinies.. and it's that certain posters are scared about losing their favourite chat threads. And the irony is that the threads in question were/might be closed due to those very same people...

Hell i even get PM'd to death when i close similar threads when the intention is to replace them with new, faster loading replacement threads (ie the DocTY thread for example)... very strange indeed..

Now i've got to get back to working out some bills, not virtual internet bills but very real, very large bills in the real world...and my bank has made my online banking experience cause me to swear as their latest changes are insufficiently tested, webpage keeps crashing (oh guess what it's 'cus it's Java - Nuff said there)

edited for a bit of crap spelling

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

So what you are saying creaky is to go ahead and start a new bitch thread now that the dust has settled a bit, but leave the past in the past and don't carry on with the arguing where the last one left off?

4. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

late as always...

so is there a new bitch thread???

i'm so into bitching today and i can't

lol

Cheers everyone!!!

5. creaky

i don't know Loco, i'll leave this one up to ddp, there's only so much misery a man can endure when these threads get closed, i don't need that on my virtual conscience..

6. LOCOENG

lol

It will happen eventually anyway...I won't be the one to start it and we do have this tidy little thread to post in anyway.

7. LOCOENG

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Billyboy ... I will write to you later; please don't bring up that subject here. Members aren't rude to mods, mods aren't rude to mods, mods aren't rude to members ... no one is never rude to anybody else. It's called "political correctness". I'll write later. Thanks meboy.

EDIT: My apologies all; that was a typo (albeit a freudian one, I suppose).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2007
  9. FredBun

FredBun Active member

LOCOENG, LOL, that was pretty good I liked that, anyway I did check out both threads, the top one not my cup of tea, can't handle those boo hoo oh me oh my threads, but the bottom was was cool.

10. LOCOENG

Just posting some alternatives....:p

11. FredBun

FredBun Active member

by all means my dear sir, and thank you.

12. creaky

Last one from me, i'm turning in; there's only 2 mods here most days, and i don't recall me or ddp ever being rude to members. People always call mods rude when they don't like/agree with a decision that's been made; but that always goes hand in hand with either not knowing all the facts, or ignoring the facts that have been posted for all to see.

I'll re-paste this, not to be rude, but because it's the way it's been around here for quite a while...special emphasis on the second quote...

- the proof is in all the many threads/posts

And on that note, i'm done. My beauty sleep is more important, 3 to 4 hours a day driving on top of a 9hour work day is a real bitch.
    edit- and i have major insomnia too, coupled with 6am starts. Groan..

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  13. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Ironically i am sitting here right this second doing an english literature essay on a shakespeare play.

we know what a truck is.. i would call it a truck before i would call it a lorry.. do you's know what a pram is, or a plaster, or a nappy? Changing words to suit the pronunciation doesn't really add up as there are still hundreds of words that are pronounced completely different from the way they spelt. I also dunno what big difference in pronunciation you gain with or without the "u".. certainly none here.. ;-)

14. Lethal_B

that's out of order.. i am never rude to members.. chill out man, 'tis just the net.

15. creaky

sorry Lethal, i forgot you in my tiredness.. i'm definitely off now, gotta get a head start on escaping the insomnia..

16. billybob

billybob Regular member

Lethal, im sure he didnt mean you. You and gerry have always gotten along fine.

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Lethal & Creaky ... my apologies to both of you; whether you believe it or not, that was a typo which I didn't spot. It wasn't intentional.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2007
  18. FredBun

FredBun Active member

LOL, you know it is funny, the things compared to the UK and the US, I went to Britain for the whole month of July to visit my Uncle, the guy is 88 and still bartending, he'e unreal, but thats another story, anyway, the different lingo was a great time for me, both people I met and myself we had some great laughs because of the differances.

Also, this is to billybob, I know I promised to write about my whole ordeal stay in the UK, I have no excuses, due to some lazyness and my hands can get really arthritic sometimes why I don't post much, long typing really affects them, if I find a few perc's laying around the house I will type a book lol, but beleive me I will write about it, besides learning so many things, it was a great stay, had many great times ans some bitches, I promise I will do it.

19. Lethal_B

^ it's cool.. of course i believe you ;-)

i know you have your grievences with other members but i haven't got an issue with anyone..

20. Lethal_B

lol creaky, you're crap at pretending to go to bed! you always pop up again every hour 'till 3am! ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.