1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Hey Adriana!

I didn't get the disk one done. All the others went fine. And the program you suggested backed up a few old moldy disks I had around that were before unreadable. I am still waiting to hear from AnyDVD back on the info I sent them. Hopefully they will be able to help and AnyDVD will be back to the fabulous program I paid for...

I think I must have gotten a bad disk on that one. I am going to have to take it back. Whenever I get to town! Congrats on your team doing well!

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

give the anydvd ripper a shot if that doesn't work you def. have a bad/scratched dvd there

and Colts all the way!!! lol

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

kitty66
    Thank you. Did I mention I actually took physics (don't remember a lot of it), do my own electrical work, and understand AC and DC circuits. ;) Helps when doing the googling. LOL

If you're having problems with scratched discs, DVD Decrypter has been found to be a good ripper for reading them. It reads at slow speeds, plus the settings can be adjusted. You can use it along with AnyDVD, just turn off the CSS cracking, uncheck the Check for Structure Protection and have Microsoft or Elby for the Interface (I use Microsoft). Since the AnyDVD ripper incorporates FixVTS you can download a newer version and use it manually if needed (that's usually for copy protection cleanup).

There's also resurfacing tools you can use to remove superficial scratches. If you have many of those scratched DVDs one might come in handy. You can usually find those in places like Wal Mart. I even saw one for sale in a DVD rental shop that sells used DVDs. I get used DVDs all the time and my disc tool has saved a lot of them.

Excuse me for putting informational posts in a social forum. LOL Morning everybody. Hope you've already enjoyed the coffee and donuts. It's getting on up in the morning here. ;)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Hello All! No time to hang around today but I wanted to say hello. I've just returned from a luncheon at the Bellevue Hotel here in Philly ... magnificient place but it just never recovered from bringing the world legionairres disease way back when. I love to mention it to people in the middle of lunch or dinner LOL!

5. ireland

ireland Active member

boy,this place is jumping....ye all that are still here i will have a party for ye..

with those old timers that are still here it should cost me a $1.98 for food and booze..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@Ireland
    Yes...Funny Pictures...

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Whaddaya call that thing, a Double McWhopper or a One Pounder? ;)

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

@ireland,
    That $1.98 ain't gonna that far with me. lol. I can pass on the VODKA but that QUADRUPLE looks scrumptious.

.......c

9. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

You know the Burger King quad stacker? I went in just to hassle them and asked for them to put two quad stackers together. I called it an octo stacker. I got the idea from a youtube video :p

BTW, I never got my burger. They won't serve food that isn't on their menus. lol

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i couldn't eat a double let alone a quad lol

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You'd lose your mind if Adriana was a quadruplet. ;)

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

OMG that would be heaven huh lol

BTW anyone having trouble with anydvd and Spysweeper confliting?

my PC froze while encoding a dvd i rebooted twice and everything was still froze and then i got a message about program not ending for spysweeper so i booted to safemode and remove the program hmmmm

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Couldn't you just turn off Spysweeper. I used to have it and didn't have any interference. I left it turned off a lot though. LOL

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good afternoon all! Well, this is pretty cool: I just got a couple of tickets to go see King Tut and a couple of his long dead buddies on exhibit in Philly in a couple of weeks. From the sound of the information, methinks the bodies of Tut and his buddies are going to remain in egypt but the sarcophagi (sp?) and other old, elaborate golden goodies will be exhibited. Should be pretty cool anyway even if the ol' boy stays home.

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Cool, sounds good to me. I think the Egyptians are fascinating as a race. Always been interested by Anceint Egyptology; LOL. :)

16. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ripper ... I always watch the educational channels when they have egyptology; facinates me. Still, if people want to see three thousand year old furniture, they need only drop by my apartment LOL! I guess Tut's wasn't the common man's variety though.

17. ireland

ireland Active member

aabbccdd

i head about problems with spysweeper and anydvd at cdfreaks..
    i can not locate the thread,i think it said,to turn off auto updates in botb programs..and manually start spysweeper..as it does not need to be running all the time..

meaning go to options,programs,untic,load spysweerer at start up.

and go to options,update and untic auto check for updates

18. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Same; I think they are pretty amazing lol. Haha, furniture cant be that bad ;-)

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

thanks ireland i will sort it out tonight . in the mean time i uninstalled Spysweeper and things are fine. i like the program being its realtime

20. ireland

ireland Active member

i just heard from gear79,no he is not coming back..it was just a hello...
    one of the old timers..(one of the best) he was here and the placed rocked..

we all miss the good old times..this place got so cold..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.