1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

... no s**t ...

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I wasn't un-aware ppl have issues; just stating it. lol.

3. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Good Afternoon Everyone - Hope you are all having a great day.

@aabbccdd - YES! I got it to work. Finally. I am kinda A type about things I could not give up until I had AnyDVD working with Shrink again THE WAY I WANTED it to! Now it does, yeaaaaahhhhhhh, and I have a personal protocol in place to ensure it always does. I am just not going to update unless there is a problematic disk. My problems always start right after and update and before the fixes to that update. I was able to make Ripit4me work again as well. Thanks again.

Hubby plays the 4 strings mostly although he has a few 5 strings. His favorites right now are the Gibson Thunderbird and the Ibanez IceMan. I like the Thunderbird...sweet action!

@gerry1 - Too funny cardboard ears! Sounds like much fun was to be had by all. If you can't embrace irreverent humor life is no fun. And, (see gripe section) I am not all that impressed with the SlySoft forum. I like it here much better.

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good morning all! I should have called out today and stayed home under the covers and in total isolation. Seems like all the lunes are out today and in force howling at the moon. I don't know if its the pull of the moon or a particular alignment of stars and planets but any social worker will tell you that there is some invisible cosmic force that brings them out of the woodwork all at the same time. May the force be with all of you today.

5. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

gerry1

live long and prosper, as we vulcans say...

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

great kitty i knew if we hung in there we would get it to work. so keep that link i sent ya with the older verisons of anydvd lol

7. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD AFTERNOON,
    i see we lost more old timers or they are here and quit posting...

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Afternoon Ireland :)

9. rav009

rav009 Active member

Afternoon...

Yep, I noticed.

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'm still here, I've just been busy lately with more electrical sidework. I have a 3-phase 208V charger for a load picker to pipe in and wire sometime next week which is cool because it gives me an excuse to buy a 1" roto hammer. I've been wanting one for some time now but didn't have an excuse but since the piping I need to do is in a warehouse with concrete walls I have my excuse!

Take care all :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  11. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Neph...exactly what does one do with a rotating hammer?

@Ireland et al...I is still here, sort of. At the office, there just aren't enough hours in the day lately and the crazy people are just crawling out of the woodwork these days:

I saw a guy begging for money in the business district; certainly not unusual but I saw him again on my way home: it was pouring rain, the street gutters ran like rivers and there is this guy sitting in the gutter, splashing around in the water making little boats out of one dollar bills and giggling like a two year old as he watched them float along and down the storm drain! I wonder what life is like in that sort of playful demented little world of his LOL!

Ah well, back to work!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2007
  12. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Ireland, I'm still here, just usually in one of the other sections answering FTA questions.

Hey Neph, How you doing guy? Good to see you around.

Jerry

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

Good afternoon all......

@Gerry1,
    Just in case you were serious. A rotary hammer drill adds a little "up and down" action or hammering affect to the drilling device as you drill a hole. Man this is difficult to explain w/o sounding dirty or something. LOL.

Neph give him a better answer. lol.

.......c

btw Gerry1 I've been waiting for a pic of something similar to the spread you gave us a page or 2 ago. hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm!!!

14. ireland

ireland Active member

I use a hammer drill,my self..been using one for years

The rotary hammer drill (also known as roto hammer drill or masonry drill) is an electric drill type dedicated to drilling holes in masonry or concrete. The rotary hammer drill is a percussion drill that uses a weight to create the impact force on the masonry bit. Generally, the drill chuck of the rotary hammer drill is designed to hold SDS drill bits. Some styles of this drill are intended for masonry drilling only and the hammer action cannot be disengaged. Other styles allow the drill to be used without the hammer action for normal drilling.

A Hammer drill, also known as a "rotary hammer" or "roto-hammer", (see also rotary hammer drill) is a rotary drill with a hammering action. The hammering action provides a short, rapid hammer thrust to pulverize relatively brittle material and provide quicker drilling with less effort. Lower power units are usually titled as "hammer drills". Higher power units, usually labeled "rotary hammers", tend to be larger and provide bigger impact forces. Modern units allow the hammer and rotation functions to be used separately or in combination, i.e., hammer mode, drill mode, or both. When used in the hammer mode, the tool provides a drilling function similar to a jackhammer.

A hammer drill is well suited for drilling holes in masonry or stone. It is also used to drill holes in concrete footings to pin concrete wall forms and to drill holes in concrete floors to pin wall framing.

A hammer drill can either be a drill (such as the one illustrated here), or it can be a replacement chuck that is installed on a power drill. When the drill is set to the "hammer drill" position it allows the chuck to move backward and forward over a short distance, allowing a spring to be compressed. When the spring is compressed, the chuck assembly is pushed as far back as it can go against a small eccentric flange. Any rotation of the chuck causes this flange to push back and reverse the direction of travel. The combined action of the spring, eccentric flange and rotation, push the chuck back away from the body of the drill at regular intervals. Under normal operation this sequence causes the whole assembly to "kick" with each turn, jack-hammering the drill bit into the material as it rotates. This helps to break up the masonry so that it can be removed by the drill bit's flutes.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammer_drill

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

ireland you are to good. lol.

Gerry1 there you have it as only ireland can present it. :)

16. ireland

ireland Active member

TIME FOR A JOKE PIX TO BRING A SMILL TO YE FACE

[​IMG]

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

ireland you're scaring me........arrgghhhh.......

18. Ripper

Ripper Active member

That's very nasty.. Lol

Edit: Changed pretty nasty, to very nasty :p

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

@Ripper,
    What's up little man??
    Yeh ireland is trying to make us loose our lunch...lol

20. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I'm still here. It's been an avg of 10 degrees F and I've been fighting a hell of a cold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.