1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

I make 6 back-up's of each movie...so its more a cost thing...
    I do make a dual layer if compression is around 20% or more on any Action movie...

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Sorry for the OT posts...:)

@Lp531,
    Yep DVD-RB Pro ($30) is the cheap software I was talking about. I use HCEnc with DVD-RB because it's pretty good and FREE. If you can't tell I try to keep most of my money but sometimes it bites me in the booty. lol.

If I were you, but I'm not I know, I would definitely use DVD-RB Pro, Procoder2 or CCE for backin up my DVDs to DVD-5. On the other hand aabbccdd made a great point about putting your backups on a DL disc. Just thinking about that way COOL theatre system you have and wanting to see great pixel free movies. :)

...gm

edit:
    Good lord what for, you handing them out to vagrants or what? lol.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@greensman

you're reading my mind. 6 backups??

4. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Thats my sister and brother-In Laws New Home Theatre that we just built...Were getting ready to Rip my House to the Studs and Go Two Story...Double my square footage...Adding a new bigger Master Bedroom up stairs... Converting my Old Down stairs Master Bedroom to Office...building new functional Garage new kitchen and Laundry Room...loosing my dinning room...then I will add my up stairs over the garage Home Theatre...

It's going to be a Re-creation of the Hanford CA. Fox Theatre...one of the Great Old Themed Theatre's...
    I figure it will take 3 years...With Fiber Optic Night Sky Ceiling...

My House was built in 1927...been there 30 years...since I was 16...Moved out at 13...was last remodeled in mid 80's...it's time...

THE HANFORD FOX THEATRE

[​IMG]

Reason for 6
    5 Brothers...2 Sisters...2 in Colorado 1 in L.A.
    4 for Family 1 for Friend 1 for Me...

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

Man what a small world. lol. I grew up in Coalinga, CA. Born in TEXAS tho. lol. Now back in the Lone Star State. You ever make it over to Merced or Madera? Can't remember which one it is, anyway Gene's Grinders was a little hole in the wall hamburger joint with the best hamburgers in the San Joaquin Valley. If it's still there go have one for me, but don't get the jumbo it's almost impossible to eat all of it. :)

....gm

6. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@pacman777
    Cinema Craft Encoder...how much is it...only place I saw mentioned $2,000...
    I thought $280 for Procoder2 was high...

@greensman
    I go to the Central Valley Blues Fest in Merced...don't know of the burger joint in Merced that you are talking about...there is one...kind of like that in Tracy...3lb burger...if you can eat it in 10 minutes its FREE...

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah its 2000.00 dollars so thats not an option for most folks. there is a member here that has it but i can't remember who it was.

DVD-RB Pro,is def the way to go

8. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

I saw a site that offered a FREE version that had CCE logo added to data stream...I Wonder if there is a way to remove it from stream...Not that I would do that...or advocate that...
    Ok can't hold straight face any more...LMAO..:)

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

DVDIdle's DVDFab Platinum, Gold, and Express are not named DVDFab Decrypter. I responded to the program you stated, not the one you intended to mention.

Choosing an AD rebuilder thread where user personal opinions are being given doesn't carry that much credibility on ProCoder2 being King of the HIll. I use Rebuilder Pro and like the majority of users here at AD I choose CCE. I own both CCE and ProCoder2, so it isn't just a matter of choosing the one I own. With RB Pro I get similar output, but the SP wins out and is faster. Some people say ProCoder2 is better with interleaved video, but I've seen no discernible difference. Plus, if you want to quote AD Addicts, you can note that alkohol chooses to use CCE SP with his RB Pro. If you go back and look through the old RB threads, the CCE has been the program of choice for most users since RB started as an "install it yourself" beta.

I'm not Greensman, but I suspect he was. Now give us the price for CCE SP so everyone can get sticker shock. LOL

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Alkohol, PacMan777, ... There's more people who own or have access to the CCE SP program than you might suspect. I'm not rich, but a friend who is an IT Engineer let me use the program under his license. Jdobbs' RB macro automated the encoding process and made true encoders easy to use without the steep learning curve and large amount of work involved with using the encoder programs alone. I wouldn't be using the program except for RB Pro. There's the $50 CCE Basic which many people use, but it can't do the extra passes SP is capable of. I've used both and the SP has an edge, but at an extra $1950.00 it should.

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

drum rolll please and the price is.......

Cinema Craft Encoder SP (CCE) v2.70.02.06
    Cinema Craft Encoder SP allows you to directly encode AVI, QuickTime and DV files into DVD or SVCD compliant MPEG-2 streams, or VCD MPEG-1 streams.

CCE is one of the fastest encoders on the market, in addition to which it provides the best quality, too -- you wouldn't expect any less from a software with a price tag of $2,000.00.

12. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@pacman777

was my quote...

I did not call it:

as you stated...

Comparing a $2,000 dollar program to a $280 is not really a comparison...I am sure there are professional programs that make $2,000 seem like pocket change...but I personally see no point in such an expensive program to back-up a DVD for my personal use...For most people Procoder2 would be to excessive of a price...

So Relax...

Personally I thought it was an excellent thread...sorry you did not like it...

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Lp531
    My bad. You mentioned free decrypter and it skewed the meaning. I guess I need another cup of coffee and a donut. ;)

I see abcd beat me to the punchline with the price of SP.

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I didn't say I didn't like the thread you pointed out. I've just seen a lot of them. You chose one where members were singing the virtues of Procoder. I was just pointing out there are many more praising CCE. Like you said, CCE does cost more for the SP. However there is the $50 Basic which does only 2 passes, but uses the same encoding engine as the more expensive software. At least that's what I heard from sources here at AD. LOL

LOL "Relaxed" is my constant state of operation nowadays. As for price comparisons, you need go no farther than Custom Technology for programs with pricetags that eclipse CCE SP (which has been discontinued). There is the CCX Vivo selling for $38,000.00 US. I had to double check to make sure I got all the zeroes in. LOL I think the CCX Presto may cost even more, it says open priced, but I didn't inquire to find out. I think sizable chunk of the mortgage when I see that many zeroes.

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Have I won ridiculous item of the day yet? A $38,000.00 encoding program. (I wonder how many of the big studios have one of those.) Still pricey even with the computer system it's installed in. I've not seen anyone pirating that one yet. LOL

16. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@pacman777
    Dude...No problem...

I had already stated the price a couple posts up...I was just talking about...When I buy again it will be DVDFab...or the most expensive route...That I...personally could justify...ProCoder2...

I personally liked...1ClickDVD's quality for the money...but the company is run by Lying Blood $ucking Leaches (LG SOFTWARE) and as far as I am concerned...They will never get another penny from Me...They will only get Grief in Forums...

I need to personally use software that is reasonable...and relative simple to use...that I can recommend to Clients...

Even Billionaire back up movies...They just want something simple...and something that produces excellent quality...Because...When they have a problem...I have a problem...

I will check out CCE...$50 Basic which does only 2 passes...How easy is it to use?..It Needs to be really simple...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  17. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

@Greensman

RipIt4Me? Now how would I come up with RI4M? LOL Looks like someone copied my software choices. LOL

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Lp531
    CCE Basic is so simple all you do is install it and choose it as the encoder option in Rebuilder. Rebuilder opens, uses, and closes the encoder program. If you delete the CCE icon from the desktop, you wouldn't know the CCE was there if not for being familiar with how the Rebuilder program works. The user needs to know how to rip decrypted files to the hard drive. Then open and run Rebuilder. It works well with the default settings, but it's best to learn some of the settings. It also works with encoding portable video. Once the files are encoded to the hard drive the user will need to burn them. The free ImgBurn is a supported burn option if a person wants to burn automatically. With its high quality Rebuilder is a good choice to go along with playing regular DVD backups on a HDTV. Using an upconverting player, it gives good quality.

With those rich clients, you may want to set it up for them. But once set up, anyone should be able to browse to a ripped file.

A well to do doctor had me set up a user friendly program for copying DVDs. I set up RI4M, let it transcode with DVD Shrink and burn with Nero. It's a seamless process and the only retail item is the Nero. I could have set up ImgBurn as a supported Shrink burner, but he already had the Nero. I showed him the AnyDVD and had the trial set up for him to see how he liked it. He chose to go with the freeware for it's ease of operation and getting all the needed functions for dealing with copy protection done in the 1-click mode. I don't think he has to do over 5 clicks for the entire process and most are just getting the software into action with one click following the other without having to make decisions on what to do. It takes the learning curve out of the operation. I've noticed people with vuluable down time don't like to be bothered with annoying complicated processes for doing what should be a simple task.

19. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@aabbccdd
    My Sisters Home Theatre is DWIN projection and screen...Sunfire pre Amp...Krell amps...Richard Grey power supply and filters...Acoustic Innovations seating...and one offs speakers and Bass amps built by Jeffery James Coombs of James Loudspeakers...My Brother..and Brother In-Law are the largest seller of James Loudspeakers...so they get special attention from James...

@pacman777
    I always recommended AnyDVD...and 1ClickDVD in the past...Program can-not be any harder then something like DVDFab...

Example had one client who owned a Communication Company His Family owned for generations...he had just sold one division of his company for 168 million dollars...He was furious because his wireless laptop was not working with his wireless network and printer...at his second house on the coast...after trouble shooting with him for 30 minutes over phone...I finally figured out his problem...He was not choosing the printer in his beach house...he had forgot that he had to choose which printer to use...he was ready to cancel the install we were doing on his main house...I did not think of that first because I thought it would be to basic of a mistake to make...the guy...owned his own phone company for christ sakes...I way over estimated his technical knowledge based on his bachground...once I explained that he had to choose the proper printer with the house that he was at...Every thing was fine...He thought I was a Genius...I felt stupid because I did not figure something so simple out in 2 minutes...

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Lp531
    Do they ever play any backups on the "big screen"? A friend of mine does. He went back and redid some with Rebuilder. He noticed a quality difference with some of the transcoder software he had been using. Any errors or shortcomings in video quality are exaggerated on a projection unit. You see things on a big screen tv, but when it comes to the huge screen of a projector, it really enlarges everything. His unit is just a nice retail unit. It's not a custom unit like your sister's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.