1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

We just got my sisters up the day before superbowl...I have not watched a back-up on it yet...my self...have only watched two standard DVD movies...that was something I was curious about...I know the DWIN TranScanner does an amazing job on converting all Images...It will be interesting to see at what compression level things start going funky...

2. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD MORNING,I IS HERE...IS YE?

[​IMG]

Walmart Rejects Firefox and Safari
    Posted by CmdrTaco on Sunday February 11, @09:28AM
    from the also-dalmations-have-spots dept.
    The Internet
    babooo404 writes "Last week, Walmart launched their online video download service. Immediately there were posts that the service did not work with the Firefox or Safari browsers. There was a collective, "WTF" when this happened as this is 2007, not 1997. Now it appears that reports are out that Walmart has completely turned off the ability to get into the application at all by Firefox, Safari or any other browser it does not like."

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Thanks, alphabet. I don't stop in too often, but it is good to see some familiar folks, when I do.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Ireland
    Out of curiosity I checked the WalMart site. Seems no one has access to it with any browsers.

Guess we'll have to wait to see what they come back with. I can't see WalMart favoring a particular browser when it could cost them sales.

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

Don't know what this means either but I'm not gonna take it the wrong way. ;) I'll leave this stuff up to you guys since you're way beyond my experience or intelligence. ;-O

...gm

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

WOW thats some nice Highend components there . i have NOT listened to James Loudspeakers but i am sure there nice.i have alway been a Klipsch fan.

and Lp531 if your clients don't want to go with DVD-RB Pro or Cinema Craft Encoder because of a time issue or think its to hard to use have then go with Clonedvd 2 + anydvd and put the backup on a Dual-Layer being it not a cost issue with them spending 1.75 a disc to get an uncompressed backup and use the Verbatim DVD+R booktyped the DVD-ROM

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2007
  7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I threw a heaping helping of LOL(s) in to indicate it was being light humored. Especially since you were using the same acronym right after I mentioned it. Just kidding with you. LOL

What I meant that you questioned was that everybody was talking about using some of my favorite software programs. Once again a light humored comment. Takes the fun out of it when you have to draw diagrams (as in a diagram pointing out what I thought was humorous, such as I'm doing now). ;) Guess you're not used to people kidding around. Which leads me to the conclusion, be careful of joking around on the forum.

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

@PacMan777,
    I also threw some winks and oh's in there too. Did you actually read my post or just skim it? I asked a legitimate question because I realize that I don't know everything and want to learn more even tho I like the way I backup movies right now. :)

btw I also like to joke around and have fun so don't think that I'm pissed or anything. I've had some fun on the forums with more than one person; aabbccdd, herrick, Ripper, cincyrob, and garmoon just to name a few so comedy is ok in my book. Heck I even had some fun with docTY before he decided to take a VERY LONG break from here. hehehe my hero the doctor of TY!! LOL.

I'm here to learn and reply when I have a question or may even be able to help in some way. I hope you understand that and can appreciate it in some way. :)

.....gm

9. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Evening all. Man I have a headache

:-D

Comedy is good ;-)

10. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@pacman777
    Life is to serious...to take it seriously...
    Lp

I'm sure no one was offended...

I like it Ripper...

11. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Lp, my sig? Lol, I thought it was quite funny. xD

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

Ripper,
    You don't have scurvy, do you? I know them "LIMEY's" got it figured out in the 1700's? Can't remember I wasn't around back then. How bout ireland, is he old enough to remember? LOL. Sorry ireland couldn't pass that one up even tho I know you gotta be Irish you may know some English history. Man I went out on a limb for that one. No one roast me to bad. LMAO!!

13. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Urm, that'd have to be a no; I don't have scurvy... LOL

XD

Edit: Btw, I didn't make this sig, just ripped it from some website lol. I'll make one with the same content but better later on! :)

14. ireland

ireland Active member

when i came over on the mayflower i got Scurvy

Scurvy

Definition

Scurvy is a condition caused by a lack of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) in the diet. Signs of scurvy include tiredness, muscle weakness, joint and muscle aches, a rash on the legs, and bleeding gums. In the past, scurvy was common among sailors and other people deprived of fresh fruits and vegetables for long periods of time.

Description

Scurvy is very rare in countries where fresh fruits and vegetables are readily available and where processed foods have vitamin C added. Vitamin C is an important antioxidant vitamin involved in the development of connective tissues, lipid and vitamin metabolism, biosynthesis of neurotransmitters, immune function, and wound healing. It is found in fruits, especially citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, and grapefruit, and in green leafy vegetables like broccoli and spinach. In adults, it may take several months of vitamin C deficiency before symptoms of scurvy develop.

Currently, the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for vitamin C is 50-60 mg/day for adults; 35 mg/day for infants; 40-45 mg/day for children 1-14; 70 mg/day during pregnancy; and 90-95 mg/day during lactation. The body's need for vitamin C increases when a person is under stress, smoking, or taking certain medications.

Causes and symptoms

A lack of vitamin C in the diet is the primary cause of scurvy. This can occur in people on very restricted diets, who are under extreme physiological stress (for example, during an infection or after an injury), and in chronic alcoholics. Infants can develop scurvy if they are weaned from breast milk and switched to cow's milk without an additional supplement of vitamin C. Babies of mothers who took extremely high doses of vitamin C during pregnancy can develop infantile scurvy. In children, the deficiency can cause painful swelling of the legs along with fever, diarrhea, and vomiting. In adults, early signs of scurvy include feeling weak, tired, and achy. The appearance of tiny red blood-blisters to larger purplish blotches on the skin of the legs is a common symptom. Wound healing may be delayed and scars that had healed may start to break down. The gums swell and bleed easily, eventually leading to loosened teeth. Muscle and joint pain may also occur.

Diagnosis

Scurvy is often diagnosed based on the symptoms present. A dietary history showing little or no fresh fruits or vegetables are eaten may help to diagnose vitamin C deficiency. A blood test can also be used to check the level of ascorbic acid in the body.

Treatment

Adult treatment is usually 300-1,000 mg of ascorbic acid per day. Infants should be treated with 50 mg of ascorbic acid up to four times per day.

Prognosis

Treatment with vitamin C is usually successful, if the deficiency is recognized early enough. Left untreated, the condition can cause death.

Prevention

Eating foods rich in vitamin C every day prevents scurvy. A supplement containing the RDA of vitamin C will also prevent a deficiency. Infants who are being weaned from breast milk to cow's milk need a supplement containing vitamin C.

Key Terms

15. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi :)
    i remember it well (scurvy that is)
    it's walking sticks at ten paces now a days for me

16. Ripper

Ripper Active member

What, is that like a boat or sumin? But, man, that sucks... Lol.

Geoff: You're quite the pirate, yes? Haha xD

17. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

the mayflower is the sailing ship that brought the pilgrims to plymouth, mass. in the mid 1600's

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

wow great history lesson there ddp lol. we should all know that but i bet most of us don't

19. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Thank you ddp :)

Edit:

Why? I have no reason to know that; lol.

20. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

basic histroy lesson from school? or did you dropout lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.