1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

2. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@Ireland
    I read it every day...read the one about the RIAA & Attorney fee's this morning...good article...hope the RIAA gets stuck paying for their foolishness...

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

@ireland,
    How do you have so much time to look this stuff up? I visit about 1-3 times a week and read what interests me. :) And yes the RIAA should get stuck with whatever can be shoved in their hoo-ha. :p

Did you get my thanks and admission of silliness on the router password change? LOL.

btw thanks for corrupting my sig. I had to use it for a while. I'm having Ripper make me a new one (actually requested....he's a good lil LADD). Not that I don't appreciate the stripper on the golf course, I wouldn't want to upset the female community more than normal. ROFL. ;-)

OH! and good afternoon to all.......

.....gm

@Lp531,
    How's that "wiggle room" coming???

4. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@greensman
    A little wiggle room is a good thing...It's added in my profile...

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

ireland: That thread should be called the ireland thread, LOL. You're about the only member posting to it, LOL.

I added my 2 cents worth to it buddy!

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i've found things of interest in that thread, ireland.

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland ... naturally I read the comical stuff and the news articles most of you are far more computer savvy than me so some of it goes right over my head but I read and enjoy and great deal of it.

8. ireland

ireland Active member

thank ye guy i will keep it going..
    as i find good stuff i will post it in the coffee and tea thread..

good night all

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

GOOD MORNING FROM FILTHY-DELPHIA BOYS AND GIRLS:

I'll beat Ireland to it: Free coffee and breakfast buffet to everyone!

[​IMG]

Edit: Where is everybody today? No one's eating! Yesterday I threw out a stinky client, this morning I've already thrown out a woman with an infant that would not stop screaming loud enough to break the windows. I swear, children should not be allowed out of the house until they're at least twelve!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
  10. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning gerry1 and all and having me coffee and watching the video

It is worth taking the 3 or 4 minutes to watch this video, it is incredible!

It's a video clip of a Bugatti Veyron, a production street car capable of
    253mph...

http://www.glumbert.com/media/bugatti

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  11. ireland

ireland Active member

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

gerry1 thanks for the food, milk, and oj. yummy.

ireland is that MovieTone News from the days of old or some prank from now. LOL. Either way it makes me laugh.

253 mph or 407 kph is to dang fast in my book for a car. WOW!!!

Good mornin to all......

....gm

13. ireland

ireland Active member

i am going back to the good old days,i put in a old 98se hard drive i have still with a 98 system still active...

now thats a trip back in time..i almost feel like ddp with his 98 system he use's..

[​IMG]

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

God I hated Windows 98 .... constant problems. I know many don't like XP but to me it was a god-send (not to give Mr. Gates a new title).

Edit at 5:50 p.m....Good night everyone!Gerry1 is off to a King Tut dinner and costume party at a local club. I'm going as an egyptian scribe with Timberland boots for the snow and a down jacket. (The ol' dead boy king is in town and I get to see him, some of his buddies and furniture as well as other cool stuff like a mummified egyptian puppy cat and an IMAX show on ancient egypt this weekend).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
  15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I must be one of Gates dream customers. I liked 98SE over 2000 and ME. I didn't have any noticable problems out of it. Well maybe they didn't like that 98 preference over the new stuff. LOL When XP came along I jumped on it and haven't had any problems so far. I didn't have problems when SP2 arrived and that one had a lot of PCs acting screwy. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones. Of course there's been the adware and virus attacks, but that's what the AV ware if for. It's a shame the intelligence required to figure out the code and write viruses and adware attacks isn't used more constructively.

16. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

How about Pong "77" LOL

17. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I thought that was Atari. ;)

18. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Yep,good old pong!!

Hey fellow ohioans-cincyrob, Looks like another wonderful Ice Storm is going to hit us tomorrow evening, YEA!!!!

No wander why everyone's moving out of ohio and heading for florida and tennessee.Not only the cold,snow,and ice,but thanks to ex governor Taft,we're one of the highest taxed states now!!!! Glad that SOB is out of there, LOL

19. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Ohio must have sprung a leak. Last time the weather was bad the snow ran down 75 all the way into TN. The skiing was good in Gatlinburg. ;) The Guv may be gone, but he left the taxes for you. I've got family outside Dayton and they're not overly happy with the increase. TN is okay, but the state gets its pound of flesh on what they do tax. People in the border counties go across the line to shop.

20. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Ohio has a state income tax,tennessee doesn't. I know residents of TN had to pay taxes on processed food,but not unprocessed. Example how I was told: Buy a can of beans and pack of hotdogs,no sales tax. Buy a can of beany weanies,and you pay a sales tax. Very confusing. I've got a few relatives down there. Ex inlaws in nashville,aunt and 2 cousins in Athens. My mom's from western KY and withing a half hour from Clarksville TN,so we were always driving over there to buy Fireworks, LOL

TN has what,an 8-9% sales tax?

Ohio is anywhere from 6.5-7%,probably higher in hamilton county with those cincinnati residenets paying for a new football stadium with increased sales tax.

California is one of the few states that pays more taxes than Ohio,again-thank you Bob Taft.

I had an email which had all the types of taxes 100 yrs ago-which was 0 and showing all the taxes we have today-astronomical. Maybe ireland has that email, LOL

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.