1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good Morning Everyone!

@greenman...I like your pirate joke. Parrot owners tell pirate / eyepatch jokes all the time because of the parrot on the shoulder. Apparantly, you NEVER keep a tropical bird with an eye level higher or equal to your own ... some sort of animal dominance thing. A friend raises two and they're really neat; I came close to buying one until I found out they live be about 110 years old LOL! I don't want to be outlived by a friggin' bird! ...nor does cleaning bird poop until the day I die sound appealing.

@aabbccdd....I put your pic as walpaper; it's really neat.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@ aabbccdd,

Man that picture isn't funny!! That actually happened to me in FL a few years back. Of course I wasen't on a kayak, but I was on a Jet-Ski which is a little smaller than that boat. That was the scariest thing that ever happened to me in my life and I have been to Iraq twice! I swore I was going to die that day I just held on tight and gunned it and I swear that thing was following me all the way up to shore. Anyone that has ever riddin a Jet-Ski knows it isn't hard to fall off of one and thats all i was thinking about. Needless to say I don't Jet-Ski in the Florida keys anymore ;-)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah thats real guys , it would scare the heck out of me for sure

greensman, that PX-716A i got off e-bay that was sold to me as new died within a week and a half . theres NO WAY that drive was new the seller told me tough shit so i filed a dispute with paypal and i am getting my money back. so the only way to buy a drive off e-bay is to buy a new one in a box that is sealed and has never been opened. i should of know better to chance it

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

Afternoon to all......

I did the same thing gerry1, it's on my work desktop. lol. And yes bbmayo that is some scary stuff. Glad I live in West Texas, basically all I gotta worry about is the blowin dirt and maybe a twister or two. ;-)

aabbccdd,
    Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about that. I've seen a couple on there that indicate NIB, sure makes me wanna chance it. :)

...gm

5. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

aabbccdd Join the club both of the 716's I bought one shut down the system and the other died a week later.LOL Filed with PayPal and recieved refunds for both dealer never answered my emails or paypals. Chris

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I bought a used PX716A and Benq 1650A from ebay,but were from individuals with 100% positive feedback. They are working great!!

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

You so lucky saugmon. ;-)

Good evening to all........

NOT all that funny but had to post this.........

The Wedding

You got to love this guy... This is a true story about a recent wedding that took place at Clemson University.

It was in the local newspaper and even Jay Leno mentioned it. It was a huge wedding with about 300 guests.

After the wedding, at the reception, the groom got up on stage with a microphone to talk to the crowd. He said he wanted to thank everyone for coming, many from long distances, to support them at their wedding. He especially wanted to thank the bride's and his family and to thank his new father-in-law for providing such a lavish reception. As a token of his deep appreciation he said he wanted to give everyone a special gift just from him. So taped to the bottom of everyone's chair, including the wedding party was an envelope. He said this was his gift to everyone, and asked them to open their envelope.

Inside each manila envelope was an 8x10 glossy of his bride having sex >with the best man. The groom had gotten suspicious of them weeks earlier >and had hired a private detective to tail them.

After just standing there, just watching the guests' reactions for a couple of minutes, he turned to the best man and said, "$&@!--- you!" Then he turned to his bride and said, "$&@!--- you!" Then he turned to the >dumbfounded crowd and said, "I'm outta here"

He had the marriage annulled first thing in the morning.

While most people would have canceled the wedding immediately after finding out about the affair, this guy goes through with the charade, as if nothing were wrong. His revenge--making the bride's parents pay over $32,000 for a 300 guest wedding and reception, and best of all, trashing the bride's and best man's reputations in front of 300 friends and family members. This guy has cahoonas the size of church bells. Do you think we might get a MasterCard "priceless" commercial out of this?

Elegant wedding reception for 300 family members and friends: $32,000. Wedding photographs commemorating the Occasion: $3,000 Deluxe two week honeymoon accommodations in Maui: $8,500. The look on everyone's face when they see the 8x10 glossy of the bride humping the best man: Priceless. There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's MASTERCARD!

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......"

8. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@Greensman
    Great wedding story...serves the bride right...much better then canceling the wedding before hand...

Like the new pic...want it for my desktop...perfect for my Swedish ancestry...

Off to Valhalla...

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@greensman....yeah, I like the new sig too. I couldn't figure out what it was at work....ancient monitor but nice and clear at home.

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Thanks guys. :)

Good evening to all............'-)

ireland where's that breakfast, lunch, or dinner? hehehe

@Lp531,
    Here's a link to the pic. FULL size. :)

It's just temporary cause my little buddy Ripper is working on a MASTERPIECE of a sig. LOL. Putting a little pressure on the little man. j/k Ripper. LOL.

...gm

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

ChrisC586 , lol never never will i buy a drive off e-bay again. i was just glad to get my money back

12. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

I will never use E-Bay or Pay-Pal again...Burned once...Shame on them...Burned twice...Shame on me...

I rarely give a second chance...

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

pay-pal was cool there the ones that got my money back

14. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Only if you do not sign up for Pay-Pal certified...certain "Sellers" will not sale to people if the "Buyer" is not certified...If you become certified...as a "Buyer"...you lose the right to protest a sale as long as they ship you anything...including a "brick" in place of a "power supply"...I found this little tidbit out the hard way...

NEVER BECOME PAY-PAL CERTIFIED!..It gives them direct access to your Bank account...Nothing your Bank can do for you if you sign-up for certification...Certification protects the "Seller" from ever not receiving their payment...It does not protect the "Buyer" in any way shape or form...

In my opinion only the Buyer needs protection...there is never a real need to protect a seller...They can protect then selves by not shipping until payment is received...Only a "Buyer" can be Riped-Off on E-Bay...

CORRECTION IT IS "PAYPAL VERIFIED"...NOT "PAYPAL CERTIFIED"...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! Gerry1 is sitting here at the office eating a bowl of fruit and wearing a corset with these nasty metal stays (a back brace) and it feels pretty good actually. I've gone on a diet. Since quitting smoking some nine months ago, I've gained thirty pounds and having had a lot of back and neck surgery in the past, the weight is beginning to cause some severe problems so wish me luck folks!

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Good Luck Gerry1 and I hope all goes well with you :)

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@bbmayo....thanks guy! Fortunatly I was normal weight when I quit smoking so I've only got that weight to lose. Seems to me if I could quit smoking I can lose the thirty pounds I've put on since. Must be some oral fixation thing (no wise a$$ remarks lol) so I think I'll get a thing of bar straws or something of the sort to chew on instead of food!

18. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Afternoon all. Well, I've just walked in from being out and about and am shattered.. Need some coffee, an asprin and a lie down. Lool

**Edit for grammar**

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  19. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD MORNING ALL,GERRY1 THE MORE WEIGHT THE MORE YE WIFE HAS TO LOVE..

[​IMG]

20. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland ... thank you for the sig; hope you don't mind that I used it. Sadly, I didn't quit smoking for my health but rather my checkbook. Three packs a day is very expensive now ... but spending it all on ice cream and cookies isn't doing me a bit of good LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.