1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO! We have a huge problem with illegals here in Philly...I can't imagine what Texas and Arizona go through.

3. ireland

ireland Active member

4. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

lol, owned :)

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Good evening all!!

[bold]Cow from Ohio

The only cow in a small town in Arkansas stopped giving milk.

The people did some research and found they could buy a cow in Ohio, for $200.00.

They bought the cow from Ohio and the cow was wonderful.

The cow produced lots of milk all of the time, and the people were pleased and very happy.

They decided to acquire a bull to mate with the cow, so they would never have to worry about their milk supply again.

They bought a bull and put it in the pasture with their beloved cow.
    However whenever the bull came close to the cow, the cow would move away.

No matter what approach the bull tried, the cow would move away
    from the bull and he could not succeed in his quest.

The people were very upset and decided to ask the vet, who was very wise, what to do.

They told the Vet what was happening.

"Whenever the bull approaches our cow, she moves away.

If he approaches from the back, she moves forward.

When he approaches her from the front, she backs off.

An approach from the side and she walks away to the other side."

The Vet thinks about this for a minute and asked, "Did you buy this cow in Ohio?"

The people were dumbfounded, since they had never mentioned where they bought the cow.

"You are truly a wise Vet," they said. "How did you know we got the cow in Ohio?"

The Vet replied with a distant look in his eye, "My wife is from Ohio."[/bold]

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

GOOD evening to all...........

@saugmon,
    Thanks for the heads-up on the Sony's. :) Got 'em today.

Time for a funny............ROFLMAO!!!!!

Taxicab Confessions...
    A passenger in a taxi leaned over to ask the driver a question and tapped him on the shoulder. The driver screamed, lost control of the cab, nearly hit a bus, drove up over the curb, and stopped just inches from a large plate glass window.
    For a few moments everything was silent in the cab, when then the still shaking driver said, "I'm sorry but you scared the daylights out of me."
    The frightened passenger apologized to the driver and said he didn't realize a mere tap on the shoulder could frighten him so much.
    The driver replied, "No, no, I'm sorry, it's entirely my fault. Today is my first day driving a cab. I've been driving a hearse for the last 25 years."

7. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Hi Everyone Good Evening!

I have missed this thread. I just spent the last hour reading all the jokes since my last post and laughing my ass off. The winners: Janrocks: The newsroom snow story cracked me the F up!!!!! Still giggling. AND Ireland: The New Priest #5

I have been so addicted to my Nintendo DS lately that I have not even been reading my board!!!!!! That thing is the devil...but I like it! I really like it. I don't know if I will survive getting a wii. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh but I want one. It's the stupid f-ing stupid animal crossing game!!!! I am addicted to planting virtual trees and fishing. So dumb!

But I have been busy with the water wheel stuff too. We have more power than ever 26 amps DC at 50 volts charging a 48VDC system full time. Super gonzo excited as we have not burned any fossil feul (deisel) in over a week now. Not since a slight tweek to the transformers (hint check your math!!!!!!!) has the generator needed to run.

I am so proud!!!!!!!!!! I am officially producing more than I use. AND WE ARE POWER HOGS HERE!!!!! Way not into giving up my juice just producing more and more CLEAN juice! Kitty is purring...

We did, however, suffer one battery explosion. Factory defective the warranty covered it but... HOLY CONCUSSION BATMAN what a BooM! The box we designed for the batteries contained the shrapnel and the system continued to function but shi# I just about had a heart attack at that sound.

Anyhow, I missed chatting with everyone. Hope all is well...Who else has snow today...WTF over. First day of Spring! Hello! It was 70 degrees last week.

^ ^
    >:<

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Hey Kitty
    Good to see you. The Spring monsoon has already started. It's been raining here the last few days. Last week it was so warm I turned on the AC. Found out the compressor in a 2 year old Trane had headed south. 10 year warranty so I'm still happy. I needed it a few hours this evening. Are you developing enough power for cooling yet?

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Kitty...do you still use an outhouse and an outdoor well complete with hand pump LOL! j/k :)

10. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning,this is what i had with me breakfast served hot..

ME BRIDES IRISH BREAD

If you can't trust me brides Irish Soda Bread, who can you trust. This is an old family recipe from my wife's Aunt.

-------- ------------ --------------------------------
    4 c Flour*
    1 c Sugar
    1 t Salt
    2 ts Heaping baking powder
    1 t Carraway seeds
    1 Egg
    Buttermilk
    2 tb Butter**
    1 1/2 c Raisins -- 2 fists
    1/2 c Currants
    1 c Mixed fruit -- (1/2 lb)
    1/4 ts Baking soda

If you can't trust a Mary Catherine Gallagher for
    Irish Soda Bread, who can you trust. This is an old
    family recipe from my wife's Aunt.

*(Fill the sifter are her words) **(a good chunk--her
    words) Preheat oven to 400*F Soak raisins and currants
    in hot water. Put sugar in a mixing bowl and cut
    butter into it. Cut until it looks like white
    cornmeal. Put in the caraway seeds Put flour, salt,
    baking powder and baking soda into the sifter and sift
    into the sugar and butter mix.
    If you use the mixed fruit, cut any large pieces and
    mix into the flour mixture. Drain the raisins and
    currants and dry well.
    Mix into the dry ingredients. In a cup measurer, beat
    the egg with a fork and fill the cup with buttermilk.
    Mix lightly.
    Make a hole in dry ingredients and pour in milk and
    egg. Mix well until everything is wet and starts to
    pull away from the sides of the bowl. Add more liquid
    if needed.
    Knead slightly to form into a round loaf.
    Place loaf in a HOT iron frying pan which has been
    greased and floured. Cut a large cross nearly through
    the loaf. Bake at 400*F for 10 minutes and lower
    temperature to 250*F for another 60 minutes.
    Remove from oven and while still hot brush with a
    mixture of 5 TBS sugar and 1/4 cup evaporated milk
    (mixed well). Turn out onto a rack when cool.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

11. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Hi Pac Hi Gerrry

@PacMan

I think I will have enough power to run my air conditioner this summer. We will be the first in the area to run one. Silly huh...

@Gerry

NO Gerry no outhouse. I have indoor plumbing. Some around here still do that way but NO WAY not this kitty. I need a modern litter box! But...we did put a well and hand pump outside by the barn for water and dog baths. Works great for muddy feet too! Our Water Main is the creak though and is filtered through UV and RO. More pressure than I had in town!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still snowing here, but it looks like it will all melt by this afternoon. My poor flowers are confused all the daffodils popped out last week when it was warm and now they are all droopy :(

@Ireland

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I love soda bread! My neighbor has a bunch of currents and I am eager to try this recipe. THANK YOU AGAIN! I usually only get it now is when my Grandmother makes it. She is 87 now and does not do that very often. Kiss your bride pal and tell her thanks from me. Ye're a lucky bye! (Way Grandma says boy sounds like bye) Asks me... "Byes duun well?" All the time...lol...

12. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Pacman:

My uncle retired from trane- clarksville tennessee-about 8 yrs ago. He had the #1 clock number there-very high on the seniority list!!!!

Nothing stops a TRANE!!!!

I just signed a contract for a new house,actually a 6 yr old doublewide that's on a very solid block foundation and nearly 2,300 sq ft!!!!!Plenty of room for all the little-uns. Hopefully we'll close by the 15th of April. It's a repo and may not have been winterized,but I got a hell of a deal on it along with the lot.

34 degrees this morning and over 70 now!! Got some high wind and rain headed our way so another crappy weekend coming up!!!!

My dad got back from tennessee sunday and said my cousin has already mowed twice this year down there, LOL

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

LOL I can't say nothing stops a Trane anymore. Obviously something did. ;) I guess the problem was your uncle wasn't there to build mine. They're still top of the line, and I'd buy another. If it goes down again before the warranty expires (or shortly after), I'll have to rethink that.

I've already had a round of dandelions. The frost got the little buggers though. My Easter Lilies are doing well. Time to start doing the preseason lawn care thing. It won't be long till mowing starts, the grass is on the rise. LOL

Just north of you my sister-in-law and her husband are gearing up. They've got 5 acres they mow weekly. He keeps dreaming of a large drag mower and she keeps reminding him of how dangerous he is with large power equipment. LOL

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Saugmon
    I forgot, that sounded like the makings of a country song. "My uncle, he done gone and got off the Trane at the Clarksville station." ;)

Sounds like you got a good deal on the doublewide. I kept expecting you to say it had a Trane. ;) A friend of mine has a doublewide and you can't tell it's prefab. It's on a block foundation and he dressed that up with hand laid sandstone. Then he built an adjoining garage and matched the siding. He's built a permanent porch on the front and he's now in the process of putting a porch/patio on the rear. It looks better and has more room than a lot of standard construction homes.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Just got back from trying to clean up a friend's parents' computer. 75 trojan downloaders and that was just the beginning.....................................................

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  16. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Sounds like the sequel to 300 spartans, LOL

17. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@Nephilim.

I thought my sons was bad...47 Trojans and 350 Spyware...the guys in the AntiVirus section couldnt help...I had to reformat and re install.Funny thing it runs a lot faster now, he didnt run any sort of scan for almost 2 years. I now have control..run BOTH weekly.

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Besides the spyware, viruses, worms and the like, adware is a growing problem. Seems some sites are being overly friendly and adding BHOs along with the cookies. Those favor certain sites when you do a search and in some cases will highjack the browser. Windows allows the BHOs, but my other AV ware asks before one can be loaded. Most only deal with ads and aren't a threat, but they slow down the browser. Like Gwen I do the housekeeping weekly. I run the AV, it's on auto. Then I do a couple of extra programs to see if anything additional shows up. Most of the time I find a few extra items the AV alone doesn't catch. It's nothing to hurt the system, just annoying adware. Ad-Aware SE Pro is part of the weekly cleanup.

19. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Hey all, good morning. Just wanted all my friends on AD to know I am still around, although I have not been posting. Had some health probs lately. I had a triple bypass 7 years ago, and I guess the warranty kind of ran out, cause my last tests did not come back to good. Am having a heart cath next week and hopefully the news will be better. Wanted you people to know I have not deserted and will be back posting up a storm real soon. Cheers and thanks to all for the good times I have enjoyed from all of you.................Pete

20. ireland

ireland Active member

arniebear
    welcome back,and i and my bride will pray that all will come out great for ye...and hurry back as we all missed ye..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.