1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning,coffe tea and hot donuts are ready,help ye self.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

OMGosh.............Donut Dive from me.......Yummy

Thanks me Irish friend, nice of you to treat us to such a decadent meal. LOL.

Good morning to all.........TGIF.........YEAH!!!!!!!!!

....gm

3. rocky999

rocky999 Member

The jellyfish story is funny, but it's just that, a story. It's an urband legend, never happened.

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a good friday? I just ordered lunch: fried chinese dumplings which I only eat on Fridays because I fart something terrible for the next two days (I know, too much information LOL!) I should have eaten them yesterday though; we have press and photographers in the office today and I could have used certain fundamental quirks to shorten their stay!

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

plus chinese food is some of the worst/most fatting food you can eat not according to new reports lol

6. gamerjim

gamerjim Member

Hi guys, I hadn't heard that chinese food was fatening. I guess they are just catchen up to the rest of us.

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@gamer ... yeah, I was a bit surprised too; it was all over the news last week or the week before (must have been a slow week for news when chinese food makes the headlines). They cook in peanut and sesame seed oil which the news said is both very fattening and bad for the ol arteries. Then the sauce and thickeneing agents were also high in calories. THey had some dishes that you wouln't think of as fattening because of the all the veggies which were like 1,200 calories a serving...some of them were dishes I eat with some regularity; it was sort of depressing if you like chinese!

Edit: I saw the pic in your profile; I live only a stone's throw away from that defective ol bell. I know a guy who gives the horse drawn carriage rides there ... on occasion, he gives me a ride to work which is always good for a few laughs. I feel sorry for the horses though; poor critters are ancient and probably saw the revolution first hand!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2007
  8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i leave, i return, i leave, i return, but i can never stay gone long. i just get meaner to rulebreakers each time. karma is going to bend me over and punish me one day.

9. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Mean or not, it's nice to have you back all the same ;-)

10. ireland

ireland Active member

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Reminds me of the fool who took a knife to a gunfight.

12. gamerjim

gamerjim Member

@gerry, I was wondering if anyone would know where that bell was. You live in a great area. I spent the whole month of Feb. there. Be well. Back at ya later.

13. ireland

ireland Active member

AFTERNOON TO THOSE THAT ARE STILL AROUND

Some People Find Angry Expressions Rewarding
    March 30, 2007 08:40:42 PM PST
    Yahoo! Health: Anxiety News

FRIDAY, March 30 (HealthDay News) -- While most people are upset or concerned when someone gives them an angry look, there are others -- with high levels of testosterone -- who actually enjoy angry expressions and seek ways to provoke them, new research suggests.

"It's kind of striking that an angry facial expression is consciously valued as a very negative signal by almost everyone, yet at a non-conscious level can be like a tasty morsel that some people will vigorously work for," study co-author Oliver Schultheiss, an associate professor of psychology at the University of Michigan, said in a prepared statement.

He said the findings may help explain why some people are so fond of teasing.

"Perhaps teasers are reinforced by that fleeting 'annoyed look' on someone else's face and therefore will continue to heckle that person to get that look again and again. As long as it does not stay there for long, it's not perceived as a threat but as a reward," Schultheiss said.

He and lead author Michelle Wirth measured testosterone levels in volunteers and then had them do a computer task in which certain complex keyboard sequences triggered different images on the computer screen -- an angry face, a neutral face, or no face.

Males and females with higher testosterone levels than other members of the same sex learned the angry face sequence better than the other sequences. This did not happen among volunteers with lower testosterone levels.

The association between higher testosterone levels and better learning of the angry face keyboard sequence was strongest when angry faces flashed on the computer screen subliminally -- too fast for conscious identification.

"Better learning of a task associated with anger faces indicates that the anger faces were rewarding, as in a rat that learns to press a lever in order to receive a tasty treat. In that sense, anger faces seemed to be rewarding for high-testosterone people but aversive for low-testosterone people," Wirth said in a prepared statement.

The study was published in the journal Physiology and Behavior.

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

LOL Annoying someone to the point of showing an angry expression might win a person another surprise, especially when encountering another alpha personality.

15. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD NIGHT TO THE OLD TIMER'S THAT ARE STILL HERE AND GOOD NIGHT TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  16. ireland

ireland Active member

Beware false Daylight Saving Time resets on April 1

Users who didn't already update their PCs and devices for the earlier-than-usual Daylight Saving Time (DST) change-over could encounter time glitches on April 1, the "normally scheduled" DST start date.

As USA Today notes:

"There may be more (DST glitches) on Sunday night. It's likely that some consumers didn't upgrade their older devices. Instead, they changed their clocks manually. That's worked so far. But the devices are still programmed to change the time on the original daylight time start date. They will change the time by an hour unless that feature has been turned off."

Microsoft's guidance: If you haven't already updated your PCs and devices for Daylight Saving Time, consider the following steps.

* Verify the time and date programmed on your PCs and consumer electronic devices. Some older DVRs (ReplayTV, Tivo) and PDAs may need to be updated especially if they are not always connected to a network service.

* Download Microsoft's updates: Visit http://www.microsoft.com/dst2007 for more details.

And, no, this isn't an April Fool's jokeā€¦.
    http://www.dailyrotation.com/

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Hello and happy Sunday to one and all! Your's truly is going to have a terrible afternoon. I have a new sofa sitting in the middle of my living room; I've got to rearrange my living room, rehang my artwork etc. There is nothing I hate more. I'm already frustrated and I haven't even started yet! Oh well, I must get started and it starts with disassembling my computer etc. Lord this is going to suck ... well....here goes LOL!

18. Ripper

Ripper Active member

See you on the other side Gerry ;-)

19. ireland

ireland Active member

I AM SURE THIS IS A APRIL FOOLS JOKE,BUT I POSTED IT ANYWAY.

http://p2pnet.net/story/11837

20. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

1,500 pieces of Remington once-fired .45 Auto for $72! Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.