1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD NIGHT
    great and best info i can give ye on easter

TO THOSE THAT ARE IN THE USA
    ALSO GREAT INFO IF YE DO NOT LIVE IN THE STATES.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

@greensman

So that is what snow looks like...I had almost forgot.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Thanks LOCO for the congrats. I remember when you you made it. Have a good one.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

congrats garmoon, still waiting for my Addict status :p

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yes congrats garmoon!! ;-)

@creaky,
    Good to see you buddy. L@@KY it's the creakster.......lol

Maybe some day you will make it to ADDICT status but you may have to give up that MODERATOR thing for it tho. hehehe.

@LOCOENG,
    Yep it's snow, but you need orange balls to play in it tho. LOL. Guess I better get to eating some "Cheetos". hehehe.

....gm

GOOD MORNING to all...............

6. ireland

ireland Active member

GOODY MORNING,

This is one link i would put on a flash drive and book mark..or add to ye favorites

Meebo - Chat with anyone, on any IM Network anytime.

This is sweet!

Meebo.com
    http://wwwl.meebo.com/index-en.html

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i'll have to try that out at work Ireland, where msn etc are banned, though i'll wager that the webpage uses the relevant protocols underneath thus they'd still be blocked but might check out of curiousity.

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Thank you, creaky and greensman.

@greensman
    There were snow flurries just north of Lafayette, La Saturday just 50 miles north of the Gulf. A rare occassion even for dead of winter. So much for global warming.

9. LOCOENG

Creaky was an addict about two weeks after he joined the site...

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Cr@ck, Coc@ine, @cohol, nicotine, or many of the other vices that we may have???? hehehe. J/K creaky, LOCO left it open for addition. LOL.

I used to be a GOLF addict but a wife and 3 kiddies cured me of that. LOL. Now I'm just a GOLF hacker!!!

...gm

11. LOCOENG

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Greensman
    LOL Now how can we mess with that? How about yellow balls? Don't you have pink balls? And the worst of all for a man out in the cold, LOL: Won't blue balls work?

13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

loco, creaky wasn't addict status after 2 weeks, i possibly have record for shortest time to addict at 4 months less 1 week but not certain on that.

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@garmoon ... congratulations buddy!

15. ireland

ireland Active member

all it means when ye get to (AfterDawn Addict)
    YE HAVE THE GIFT OF GAB!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Now print this pix and stick it on ye computer..and be proud...

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

Nice one ireland. LOL. ddp he said it, not me. hehehe.

@PacMan777,
    You gots lots of balls. LOL. Well at least different colored ones. Thanks for sharing. rofl.......

....gm

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Well thanks gerry, considering you were the first buddy that I really talked to and PMed. Been waiting for you to be upgraded as well.

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

dream??????thats all reallity cant stop us...hell talking about snow have ya seen cleveland???lol man have they gotten hit...

good evening from the home of the greatest ballplayer of all time(well maybe 2nd greatest. the Babe is the man)lmao

19. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning have ye had ye spot of chocolate and a smoke and a cup of coffee this morning..

Cocoa, not tea, calms blood pressure, study says
    Mon Apr 9, 4:12 PM ET

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Some may see a cup of tea as soothing but chocolate is more likely to lower one's blood pressure, German researchers reported on Monday.

Foods rich in cocoa appear to reduce blood pressure but drinking green and black tea may not, according to an analysis of previously published research in the Archives of Internal Medicine, published by the American Medical Association.

The drop in blood pressure among participants who consumed cocoa products for at least two weeks was in the same range as achieved by someone taking drugs commonly prescribed to control high blood pressure.

The fall in blood pressure credited to cocoa could be expected to reduce the risk of strokes and heart attacks by 10-20 percent, the report said.

Both cocoa and tea contain polyphenols, a class of chemicals known to help prevent cardiovascular disease that are present in most fruits and vegetables. But cocoa has a different type than tea -- procyanids -- that appear to be more active.

Currently, patients with high blood pressure are urged to eat more fruits and vegetables, although cocoa and tea products account for the bulk of total polyphenol consumption in Western countries, the study said.

But don't start gobbling up chocolate bars just yet, wrote study author Dirk Taubert of the University Hospital of Cologne, Germany.

Treats such as dark chocolate might be substituted for other high-calorie desserts, based on the study's findings, but "we believe that any dietary advice must account for the high sugar, fat and calorie intake with most cocoa products.

"Rationally applied, cocoa products might be considered part of dietary approaches to lower hypertension risk," he wrote.

Coffee Lovers, Smokers at Lower Parkinson's Risk

April 9, 2007 03:55:47 PM PST
    Yahoo! Health: Addiction News

MONDAY, April 9 (HealthDay News) -- Could smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee protect you from Parkinson's disease?

That's the startling suggestion of a new U.S. study of families that also found NSAID use has no impact on the disease risk.

Previous studies have reported that consuming caffeine, smoking and taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen may help prevent Parkinson's disease, according to background information in the study. But there's been little family-based research done to examine these links.

The new study, led by researcher Dana B. Hancock of Duke University Medical Center in Durham, N.C., included 356 Parkinson's patients (averaging about 66 years of age) and 317 of their family members (averaging almost 64 years of age).

The people with Parkinson's disease were 44 percent less likely to report ever smoking and 70 percent less likely to report current smoking compared with unaffected relatives, the study authors found.

"Increasing intensity of coffee drinking was inversely associated with Parkinson's disease," they added. "Increasing dosage and intensity of total caffeine consumption were also inversely associated, with high dosage presenting a significant inverse association with Parkinson's disease."

The study found no link between NSAID use and Parkinson's disease.

The findings are published in the April issue of the journal Archives of Neurology.

It's not known how smoking or caffeine consumption may help reduce the risk of developing Parkinson's disease.

"Given the complexity of Parkinson's disease, these environmental factors likely do not exert their effects in isolation, thus highlighting the importance of gene-environment interactions in determining Parkinson's disease susceptibility," the study authors wrote. "Smoking and caffeine possibly modify genetic effects in families with Parkinson's disease and should be considered as effect modifiers in candidate gene studies for Parkinson's disease."

20. hursty

hursty Active member

that'd be 7.44 posts per hour

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.