1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Those posts need to be in the help threads. What's posted here in the Safety Valve isn't supposed to count toward a member rank.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  2. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Good to see you around...ffg7...

"subscribed to 19242 discussion threads so far"...It's not going to happen Ripper...LOL..:)

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

He was teh bomb...

4. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

ddp's post count "28992"

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

all i'm saying is i'm 2x an addict's posts behind ddp, /me should really get out more instead of chasing perverts around the forums as most of those are from playing 'chase me chase me'

6. LOCOENG

And I'm 4x behind the ddp'sters masterful lead.

7. janrocks

janrocks Guest

And your point is?? I'm well aware of what counts towards member level..
    I was a senior after 517 posts, during all that time helping people with console problems, and running the forums on a world famous xbox site I made a lot of friends here. As a result I have started to hang out more in the safety valve talking with my friends and having a laugh... It's somewhere to relax when you have a job banning idiots and flamers.

Wanna try scoring any more points by stating the obvious packrat? I'm positive with a little bit of searching I can find hundreds of totally repetitive and unnecessary posts from you to pad up member rank..

Like I always say.. the rank doesn't matter a toss.. It's the knowledge that matters.. I see n00bs come here with incredible wide ranging know how, and obvious skills.. That isn't just expertise at clicking a few buttons on a limited range of windows applications........

8. rav009

rav009 Active member

Yep, he had over 20k, I think he had the highest post count on the site followed by Creaky. We all really miss him :(

@Jack,

Your 16 right? That means you should be doing your GCSE's unless there's something I'm not aware of. Can you really be able to post that much and still do your GCSE's, homework and coursework these days? Just curious :p

If I hadn't taken a huge break I'd be miles ahead of you all :p

9. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@rav
    ffg7 is ddp's new Id...so don't worry...he's still around...just under a new Id...Me think that ddp...The God of Lightning will strike again when needed...

10. rav009

rav009 Active member

Lol, I know buddy. I knew a while back actually, since ffg7's first post. He posted ddp's malware removal canned speech. I just didn't want to say it in case ddp didn't want others to know. But everyone who cares knows now (was kinda obvious since he posted ddp's post count anyway :p).

11. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi :)
    Sod it! i'm so ashamed of my post count after reading the above, i've had to put a target date of some where around 2010 for me to reach Addict status. At which time there will be a big party that all are invited to

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Sometimes I wonder about your comments. If it doesn't matter, why mention it. Just like now, you like to take off on a person. I didn't come here to argue. Besides have fun with your friends, you don't mind playing a little heavy handed with the members. You can have the Safety Valve if it means that much too you. As for rank, it doesn't matter to me either. I once mentioned to one of our moderators I didn't care if I stayed member if it upset anyone. If you don't want comments, don't bring a subject up. I was only trying to be flip in recommending some members get into some of the help threads. It matters little to me where anyone posts. That's their business.

As for padding accounts with repetitive posts, that is part of helping in the newbie sections. You know that as well as I do. If they want to revoke status, they'd have to go over everyone's account. As for being a packrat, you blew that one over my head. Care to explain. If it's that silly software pack you created, you didn't even have it done right. The one I put together was complete and done as help to members. You own that software no more than any of the rest of us do. It's freeware and I laid no claim to it. In fact I gave links to program websites if they still exist.

In the future I'll make it a point not to address any of your comments so there won't be any sour responses.

13. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

You have posted 6223 messages to our discussion forums since you created your account on 12 July 2005.

But I've scarcely posted throughout the past year or so.

Pacman, Jan.. let's play nice now boys and girls ;-)

14. LOCOENG

I have a little knowledge of your history with Jan...I'm suprised that you would make the original comment to begin with and expect anything less than what you got.

15. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Why should I play nice Lethal? I didn't start it.

I think we are all well aware of which posts count and which don't. I was pointed at that reply by a moderator as it was designed to provoke a response.. Which it has.. ask dvdback about the situation.

As far as I'm concerned the matter is closed.. and I haven't wasted 10 minutes of my life reading that pile of drivel from the whiner.

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I refuse to get drawn into an argument. I'm not whining, nor did I intend to illicit an argument. I know why this trash gets brought up. Lethal said to play nice and janrocks goes against a Staff Member's request. I prefer to move on. She's not worth getting in trouble over.

17. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Yeah.. That's your way isn't it. Start crap then try and act all high and superior, playing the hurt one. Well tough luck.. Your sneid remark was brought to my attention by a moderator who was waiting to see my response..

Why have you posted here again? This thread was all nice until YOU arrived with the clever comments.. You think I give a **** about status? Think again. Pull the plug lethal.. I've had enough of this crap...

18. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

knock it off or i'll do both of you in!!!

19. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Well, welcome back, ddp! Good to see that you aren't gone.

20. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Well that explains this in my shoutbox.....it had me thinking "so what does it mean and who the hell is ffg7

YEA !!! ddp is BACK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.