1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did All The Old Timers Go, A Public Meeting Place For Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Well now this has turned into a chit chat thread...good thing creaky is on sabatacle.

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

Haha, i love creaky. Sorry for randomness.

erm...good evening evening?

3. ireland

ireland Active member

late afternoon all,was at the dollar repair auto repair shop..i did not mean to start anything..but changing a thread title??? with out asking!!!!!

this title is not a book

Where Did All The Old Timers Go? Also Say A Good Morning Or Afternoon Or A Good Evening Or A Good Night Thread

this thread must be a jinx as this is the second time it caused a problem..

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  4. LOCOENG

Hope you got your moneys worth...LOL

Hi ireland ;)

5. ireland

ireland Active member

hi LOCOENG

yes they gave me dollar back but kept me credit card..

i for got this i am a old timer..i can post here

since you created your account on 29 November 2002.You have posted 19973 messages

6. LOCOENG

I don't feel like an old timer...

7. ireland

ireland Active member

i also visited a guy a very good friend whos up on manslaughter charges who out on bail..lost control of his car because of a bunch of bees that had a nest in his car and they stung him and he killed some-one..
    he was not drunk or on drugs

its costing him a ton of money..

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland ... damn, that is aweful about your friend. Did you friend really need to hire that sort of expensive representation for something which no one can really believe was his fault? It's bad enough to have to deal with the guilt of causing someone's death even if its not your fault, but its foolish to put someone through the ringer without good reason. I can see some sort of inquiry to establish that it was indeed an accident, but making him feel like some sort of criminal? I have a good friend who accidentally killed a twelve year old boy who just ran out in front of him; it took him a long time to deal with it but at least the law treated him with understanding and respect.

9. ireland

ireland Active member

gerry1
    from what i under-stand my friend got his car stopped,was about to put the car in park the bees about a hundred or more hit him again and he then hit the gas and at that time he ran over a guy and killed him..
    they are putting him through the ringer,because the car was stopped..
    and was told you must have your car under control at all times no matter what

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

It still seems dumb.

11. ireland

ireland Active member

gerry1
    I will tell whats dumb,when i took my car to the dollar ford repair
    for a check engine light problem..

she said i needed my car inspected for pa..and i just had it done a week ago..

the new sticker was looking at her right in her face as she was talking to me and i said look again.....now thats dumb..

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ripper

It could also be the "ground Hog Day thread again". The "Deja Vu all over again" is original with Yogi Berra, New York Yankee Player and Manager. He had a lot of them. They are Berraisms. Correct me if I'm wrong gerry. I'm brain dead at present and can't think of any others. But this site has some great ones:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Yogi_Berra

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO! I never read those before; I love that stuff! While only marginally related, it reminds me of my mom. When I was a kid, we had an old gas stove and you had to strike a match to light the burner. I struct a match, lit the burner put the match out under the faucet running in the sink and threw the match out when my mother yelled, "Be careful; you're going to burn the house down" when I replied, "I put the match out under the water". She replied "Yeah, but it was hot water!" I remember looking at my dad who had this pleading "Just drop it" look in his eyes. (My mom usually wasn't such a flake LOL!)

14. MrMeaty

MrMeaty Guest

i guess if your a MOD you can say what ever you want here and its ok.
    or you can talk about drugs, alkohol and insult other country's as long as your a mod its ok and you can get away with it.

15. ireland

ireland Active member

good night,something to think about what the site should be like,but!!!!! just read it!!!!!

16. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Edit

17. Jaybo

Jaybo Guest

Not many of us oldtimers are left, Ireland.

Many came to this forum to read, learn, and have fun. Seems these days, nothing but hate exists here.

IMHO, most left because of the hate and ridicule those members received. Same thing happened to other forums, and they died too.

18. Jaybo

Jaybo Guest

========================================================================
    Sorry, wiki is not always correct. Berraisms can be used for the check of lower intestinal problems...ROTFLMAO!!

Yogisims,is the correct term used of Yogi Berra quotes. He had a million of'em. He sure made me laugh!! {:eek:)

19. janrocks

janrocks Guest

subscribed to bump the system into sending me more emails to an invalid black hole dump..

Hope things get better, can't see it.. Nice to see you posting something again Jaybo.. It's been a fair while.

Can somebody tell Zippy that I love the guy to bits. If any of my good friends come across him let him know where to find me. Cheers..

Thanks for two great years...

20. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland...regarding you piece on volunteers ... Amen to that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.