1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where do I start

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jeffbrott, Apr 13, 2003.

1. jeffbrott

jeffbrott Member

Hi all I have pioneer videoxb I dont have a clue where to start. I want burn and be able to play on a dvd player where do I start thanks all

Last edited: Apr 13, 2003
  2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Get these pieces of software 1st:

Smartripper (free d/l)

DVD2One v.1.1.2 (http://www.dvd2one.com) OR
    DVD Shrink (free d/l)

Nero (http://www.nero.com/en/ )

Last edited: Apr 13, 2003
  3. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

herbsman,

I'll second your recomendation on DVD Shrink. A first class piece of software for the beginner.

HomerJ

4. LuNaTiC

LuNaTiC Guest

After aquiring the above mentioned software, you may want to review a couple of the guides on this site or on doom9 website.(http://www.doom9.org/guides.htm)

5. smg

smg Regular member

I couldnt download DVDShrink from Doom. I got the error saying I had to go to Doom to download it (and I was in Doom). I went back several times to Doom (naturally) and when it seemed like I was finally going to be able to download it, I got refused because of 1 of 3 things Doom said. 1 and I think this is why, My Downlaod manager has to send a "referer". Doom said to go to Getright and go to Advance and so on and so on. Is there any other place I can download DVDSHrink from other than Doom? I cant download smartripper as I get a corrupted file error.sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh
    wtf is going on. Why does something like a simple download have to take an Einstein to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

SMG- do you have anything like RealDownload or any other download manager installed? Sometimes programs like Netscape and RealPlayer put those "utilities" on. They are sometimes helpfull if you are using dial up for internet. For the rest of us that have been on high speed for over 5 years, they cause nothing but trouble.

7. herbsman

I used to get that refferer on d/l thing from this site & doom9.
    I think it was when I went to d/l DVD Decrypter from http://www.dvddecrypter.com/download.asp and it showed screenshots of how to allow refferer sending.
    It's easier to show ppl in pics,I dont know why it doesn't get done more often.

8. MNMovie

MNMovie Member

jeffbrott,

I'll agree with herbsman. I had been burning DVDs to SVCD for about a year, but recently downloaded DVDShrink. Cannot say enough good things about this program. So simple and fast to use. Basically two steps. Rip & Burn. Start to finish process is only about 90 minutes or less. Will take most DVD movies and burn to *1* blank 4.7 gig disk. It keeps all of the menus and extras. Audio and Video are great! Some disks (e.g. Titanic) may be so big that you need to "manually" trim out some extras (like other language tracks) to get them to fit on one disk, but I've only run into a few that required me to do that. I then use Nero version 5.5.10.20 to burn them. I have turned 3 others onto DVDShrink, and none of us has yet made any coasters.

BTW, Dr. Mercury's site (http://www.svcd.cc/) has some great tutorials, with screen captures, on how to use DVDShrink (among many other things). It is well worth a donation if you need help and support.

And while I know that it is off topic (please don't flame me), I notice a lot off discussion about tabletop DVD players. I just picked another DVD player (my 7th) at Wally Mart. The Pioneer DV-250 for $79. It successfully plays my VCD, SVCD, DVD+R and DVD+RW disks (and plays MP3 files too). Has component video & S-video out, optical and coaxial audio also. Nice remote and many features. A great buy!

Just my 2 cents. Hope it can help.

9. smg

smg Regular member

Ken
    I did have DAP and the one for Adobe. After I got that message/error I removed them both from my pc and tried again with no luck. Is there anyway anyone can send it to me via email or something? I don't know how to open up attachments yet, but I know I can find out easily enough. It cant be that hard.

10. herbsman

As I was saying if you try to d/l on that Decrypter site it'll show you [when not allowing the d/l] how to turn refferer to disabled instead of auto. It doesn't infringe on your web privacy. (the guide on how to sort refferer is a pictorial step by step by the way)

Alternatively give me your e-mail [bold]smg [/bold]& I'll send DVD Shrink to you...although you do need to sort that problem out really_X_X_X_X_X_[small]I give you all these seed bearing plants & herbs to use...[/small]

Last edited: May 13, 2003