1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you all live?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Jay05, May 24, 2004.

1. forkndave

forkndave Member

I don't know how the dust affected Nephilim, but I sure know how it affected me. Apparently a few raindrops must have fell at the same time because my car was covered with mud this morning. A few raindrops along with the dust will sure do that.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2004
  2. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

Ya but forkndave did you just wash it? Because that would have been the deal with me...

3. john179

john179 Active member

You all must feel so lucky to live some where nice and warm.I live in Manchester , England the place where the sun does not shine much.I have travelled a bit over the years where the furthest place i have been is Kenya.I have alway's wanted to travel around America is it as good as they make out?????

4. Deeman

Deeman Guest

The U.S. is pretty vast it depends on what climate you want. We have them all.

5. SSnake

SSnake Guest

SCOTLAND! cumon there must be more show your faces, pop ur head out of the cold hole(Gotta love it though its THE country)

6. forkndave

forkndave Member

six.6.six no I hadn't just washed it, but I'm going to any minute now. That's usually how it works, though.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

john179

I live in Tampa Forida and I haven't seen snow in 14 years, but I miss it. Like everything you can get enough of it, however North America is one of the most beautiful places on earth and don't forget that a lot of it is in Canada. British Columbia is really stunning.

8. john179

john179 Active member

Sounds really nice i will have to definetly visit the states.

9. Deeman

Deeman Guest

You're welcome any time buddy. That is...after we've finger printed you, done a background check and collected a blood sample. JJ.

10. Samantha

Samantha Member

Aussie's rock!!!

Melbourne Australia

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I live in the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee, I believe it is still the no.1 visited National Forest Park in the United States.

We have four distinct seasons, snowskiing in the winter, white water rafting, fishing, golf, hiking,in the summer, with beautiful colors on the trees and Tennessee football in the fall. Oh yeah, and some of the best damn moonshine in the world.

I'm particularly fond of peach, apricot, and damson plum!

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Actually there Bigorange,

You have some commercial Scuba Diving for freshwater shells around Camden and Paris, Tennessee. The ground up shells are sold to Japan where they are implanted into oysters to generate cultured pearls - Fancy that –

“P”

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Well fancy that, I had no idea! Learn something new every day. Actually, the Nolichuckey River, which has class I thru VI rapids (very near where I live) is full of those shells and mica.

I know where Camden is, a little further west of me, but that is verrrry interesting.

Leave it to you, Pete!

(BTW, "P" for "pearls" of wisdom?)

14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(Wife's Mom lives in Buena Vista, slightly outside of Camden)

Now that I think about it - the only thing good about Camden Tenn is the Elks Lodge, nowhere else to get a drink - Boy does the ScubaPete hate a dry town - (lol)

15. vans12

vans12 Regular member

crestline CA

16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Pete

With this diving info, I'm liking you better all the time, I would love to hear about anything about diving. A so far unfulfilled dream of mine.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2004
  17. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

I live in CT connecticut...
    New Haven...

18. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey there Sophocles,

All i can say is, I've been doing it for 42 years - It's different everyday and it's a place where you really do like getting up in the morning to go to work :)

19. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I live in Tampa Florida right next to the gulf and I've wanted to Scuba dive since I was 12, I just might take a few bucks from my PC budget and invest ins some gear.

20. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Sorry to tell you this but we've pretty well killed off the Fla. Keys - the only place worth diving is a little south of Big Pine Key directly off of Ramrod Key, the reef formation is called Looe Key - pretty nice.

You are close to some excellent diving, Grand Caymen, and an "Unknown" dive spot in the Bahamas, Abaco chain, and it's called Walkers Cay - See my web site - www.sub-sea.net -

If you really want a trip, head to Mexico and take a couple of hundred bucks air trip to - - (I'd better whisper it, don't want to get in trouble - it's called CUBA ! )

No worries, they won't stamp your passport AND it's very "safe" - Snorkle diving only, Scuba is rare - stay overnight - it's worth it - :p)

Pleasant dreams - :)

Let them dreams entice you to take that course -

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec 4X R/W ND-1300A, AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– X[/small]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2004