1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you all live?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Jay05, May 24, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes I know about the damage to the coral reefs and I wouldn't dive there anyway just to keep them protected. We have some unique rivers and underground caves which I must confess doesn't sound like something I would want to do.

I have a buddy that's tried to get me to do some river diving but being underwater and coming face to face with a 7-10 foot alligator sounds about as exciting as going into underwater caves. I think I'll just start slow in the stream until I get the hang of it but thanks for the suggestions, I have no problem with anyone who happens to live on a nearby Island.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hey Pete, when I graduated college(so many moons ago) I moved to Colorado to teach snow skiing for a winter(before I entered a real job market, lol) and ended up staying 6+ years. Anyway every May, after the ski season closed we would take off to St. Thomas and stay about a month.

During that time I managed to do quite a bit of snorkeling and sailing around Tortolla and Yost Van Dyke(hung out at a little bar called Foxy's) in the British VI. That was some of the best times of my life! I didn't do a lot of scuba, about 3 or 4 times-I got qualified in a swimming pool in Colorado and then our class made one trip to Fla. at the end of our training. LOL

Anyway I just wondered if you had done any diving around the US or British Virgin Islands, and what did ya think of it?

BTW, on that comment about dry towns, where they make Jack Daniels in Lynchburg, Tennessee, the entire county is dry! Not one drink of anything to be had, and all that Jack just sittin' there.........
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SOHS 832S dual layer[/small]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2004
  3. manners

manners Guest

A [bold]BIG[/bold] hello everybody, I live right in the VALLEY OF THE SUN... PHOENIX baby!!

Regards: Vanessa

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

manners,

Watch out for Nephilim ... lol

5. manners

manners Guest

I've seen Nephilim's post's (sweet guy,very helpful)
    Isn't there like 5 people from AZ on this site?

6. conc

conc Member

Melbourne, Australia. And it's bloody freezing down here at the moment!

7. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

I think so AZ seems popular
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD Athlon 64 3200+ || MSI Neo-FIS2R || 512 Corsair XMS 3200 || 36.7GB Raptor SATA || Hitachi 80GB SATA || Lite On 411s @ 811s || SAPPHIRE RADEON 9800PRO[/small]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2004
  8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey there "Big" Guy -

When I was down there about 10 years ago there was a problem with fish floating, belly up, down around Lynchburg - When taken in to study, nothing wrong could be found ? - ? - ?

A very short time later, they found there was a leak from our friendly JD plant - it seems the fish had all been "Drunk" -

Now THAT's what I call Bourbon and water -

"P"

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

BTW Sophocles,

Next time you see your "Buddy," Let him know I've been certified as an Advanced Diver with the Fla. Cave Diving Assoc.

My last venture was in 1997, a 10 day diving / jungle foraging trip through the U/W caves in Belize -

Our longest dive was a 4 hours, 22 minute, 12-mile penetration, an in one end and out the other jaunt - What a ride - - - awesome current, unlimited vis -

(Watch his eyes and be ready to catch him if he passes out - then remind him that my NAUI Instructor number is # 3355.)

That's the number of instructors in the world before me - My PADI Instructor number was # 1247 - means the same - Diving since the mid 60's -

"P"

PS 14 years as a commericial U/W Diver

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec 4X R/W ND-1300A, AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– X[/small]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2004
  10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Why thank you :) What a nice change from the usual thing I get called!

11. manners

manners Guest

Like Gromit, How dare they ;)

12. Deeman

Deeman Guest

Yeah, neph has got to be my favorite too, only because his Gif looks like me. Not to mention he's helped me more than once.

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yea, Neph for President !!

He's my hero, the man with the answers

"P"

14. zeszut

zeszut Member

Chicago (north of Boystown).

15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'm blushing now :p

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Neph's gif, looks like....... oh......I......ummm.....
    well.......uh........ I know a good plastic surgeon.

17. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

How did we go from the FBI tring to hunt us down and see were we hide, to Neph running for President. Like I really hate Bush and you will get a lot of anybody but Bush votes. But why would you want to be Pres?

I remeber Chicago, zesnut. Not a bad place. I was only in the down town core. I think it was 2000 the last time I was there. Only one or two Cows kicking around and the was a Sister city Mouse by the lake to remember the great Toronto.

18. solo219

solo219 Guest

the boogie down bronx

19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hey Neph, I'd vote for you before I'd vote for Kerry, of course, I'd vote for anyone before I'd vote for Kerry, but that's beside the point.

PS-Even the democratic senator Zell Miller isn't voting for Kerry, maybe I'll send him your name?

(will the secret service let you visit AD from the white house, or will we all have to be screened? Shades of 1984!)

20. coachop94

coachop94 Guest

hi guys, I'm in SUNNY san deigo county.So far the closest anyone is to me seems to be crestline,ca.& arizona. I've got family in Litchfield Park.Too hot to visit now.