1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you work?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Rosco404, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That has to be nice being your own boss (unless you're schitzophrenic) :p

I liked it best when I had a foreman that would lay out what needed to be done then leave me alone the rest of the day instead of bird doggin' me all day long like I was some tweaker that needed to be babysat before he screwed something up.

2. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

this is scary. first the 'where y'all from' thread, now this.. I'm waiting for the 'whats your post/zip code & home telephone number' thread. Ill jump straight in there, i think not... (not paranoid, honest)LOL!

But seriously, i work in a factory that makes bath & kitchen fittings (yawn). theyre right you know kids, STAY IN SCHOOL or you'll end up stuck in a boring job like ive got.

Its a bit scary when you hear a factory down the road has just gone under losing 6000 jobs. stay away from manufacturing, people. The west cant compete with the far east.

3. Nephilim

Good point about the manufacturing scene BigPantz. That why I'm a big proponent of the trades. There's always construction to be done somewhere and it's a skill you can take with you and use anywhere. The pays good enough too. I have electrician friends here that'll go to San Franscisco or Las Vegas when there's a big job to be done and make $45 an hour working 12 hours a day six days a week for two or three months. :)

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

What's your social security number?

J/K

Yeah, where I used to live in Racine Wisconsin, like 5 factories moved to Mexico within the last 2 years. Big ones too. Now there's that many more unemployed people there (unemployment rate was pretty bad there in the first place), my mom included. Luckily she had a second job that she could fall back on. So now it's tough throughout the whole city, with a few thousand people looking for jobs, all factory jobs, and all the factories are moving.

I had a factory job for about 3 months. They laid me off about a week before I got into the union. Then they wanted me to start again the next week working 3rd shift (I was working 1st) making $2/hour less and I had to start over with seniority. I told them to f*** off. Ever since then I've been doing pretty good.

5. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

I am journyman electrician also, started in commercial/industrial now concentrate on traffic signals

6. Nephilim

So do you set the signals to give you green lights all the way home? :p

7. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

I wish there was an easy way :)

8. munx

munx Regular member

im ceo and founder of munx's room which is a room in my parents home. yes i sad pathetic life

9. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

i sell crack. =)

10. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I work at a major glass corporation,tempering automotive glass.Mostly honda/toyota/gm/ford/chrysler/bmw/mercedes/nissan/lexus. I work on a furnace that heats the flat glass up to over 700 degrees centigrade and then quench it with air pressure to put air in the center of the glass.This is what causes your door glass and backlites to shatter instead of breaking into large pcs and killing you in a wreck,lol.
    We also make windshields/sunroofs/t-tops/and bmw's new car where the entire top of the car is nearly all glass.
    It's a lotta fun when we change to different parts and we have to pop that furnace open to pull out the tooling. Silver hot suits/helmet/and kevlar gloves. Our bosses expect us to do it without cooling it down,bull shit!

You wouldn't believe the parts we throw away. Mercedez doesn't allow any defects over 1/2 mm on their parts. I don't know about you,but most people don't look at the glass with a magnefying glass when they buy a new car.

And yes,with all the robots coming into my factory,that is why I am stuck on the night shift for over 16 years!!!!!!!!!

Kids, stay in school. On my job, I know what hell feels like,,LOL

I'm also working on my home business: Saugmon bigelow,Male gigalo. Business is slow for now,but I hope it will improve!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

that explains why you are always full of hot air!!!!

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Those robots got it good they muat only have to work 8 to 4.

13. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

[/quote]that explains why you are always full of hot air!!!! [/quote]

LMAO!

It takes 2 robots to do the job of 1 person.We get most of them from canada,I believe: ABB Robotics.