1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where does Nero dump unprocessed movie files?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by kidirie, Jan 10, 2007.

1. kidirie

kidirie Member

Newbie here, so be gentle.

I've been trying to burn a movie on a computer that has very little hard drive space left. Nero Vision 4 has been unable to complete burning the movie, either just freezing up during the process or giving me some sort of "Disc space full" error message - which I assume means that there's not enough space on my hard drive, since I haven't even dropped a DVD into the burner yet.

After deleting files in order to clear drive space and trying to burn a few more times, I now realize that the hard drive is completely filled up! Is it possible that my failed attempts at burning are leaving files behind in it's wake?

I tried searching the hard drive for files related to the movie's title, but nothing significant comes up. Can anybody help? I'm running Windows XP (home edition), if that helps.

Thanks!

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi kidirie
    Welcome to aD

Look here and see if Nero stored anything here:
    my documents>nero vision Check the folders there. This is the default path for Nero Vision to save stuff to.

Look here too:
    my computer> c drive (or whatever is your hard drive) documents & settings>owner (or administrator or something similar)>local settings>temp folder.

You might have to in my computer go to tools>folder options>view tab and uncheck 'do not show hidden files & folders' then apply for local settings to show up.

Another thing you can do to help clear up space is use ccleaner. The cleaner option will help try and clean things up.

3. kidirie

kidirie Member

My thanks binkie for the quick response.

Yup, that did the trick. I found a bunch of junk stuffed in the NeroVision Imported Video file. Thank gosh for your help and this awesome forum.

It's good to know us computer challenged people have someplace to go for good advice and support!!!

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome kidirie :)