1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHERE IS MAIN MOVIE?! (Shrink and Resident Evil: Apocalypse)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jlrm365, Feb 9, 2005.

1. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I am using Shrink to backup a copy of Resident Evil: Apocalypse...

... or trying to!

I open the disc in Shrink and where it says "Main Movie"...

... and see "Title 6 (Duration - 00:49.42)"

None of the other titles are much more than a couple of minutes.

How come I cannot see the main title?! This has happened with other discs also!

How do I get to see it with Shrink... or what application should I use instead (free download, preferable) and how?

2. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

It doesn't seem to rip in Decrypter either. Please do help.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

4. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

Well... just as before... I got the following error:

I/O Error!

Device:[1:0:0]SONY DVD-ROM DDU1613 9YS1 (E:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 02 70 FA 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read (10)-Sector: 159994

Sense Area:70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 11 06 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: CIRC Unrecovered Error

What do you think is the problem? It's not my media, as that stage hasn't even been reached yet. It's not the media I am copying, because thats brand new and flawless.

Thanks!

5. micool

micool Member

I'm having the same problem. Also it will not work on dvd decrypter, I've never had this problem before and I've used shrink for quite a while now. If you try to copy the full disc it comes up with a message saying shrink has to close Invalid dvd navigation structure.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

ScubaPete..had some psl files to import to dvddecrypter guys it will work that way and make sure you have the latest verison of dvddecrypter .also try running anydvd in the background

7. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I have got AnyDVD (looks like an amazing tool from the description on here) and will try with that... but can someone get a note to Scuba to come in here and look at this?

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I ripped that movie with no problem using the method I posted about my guide (the first guide on my website). No need for AnyDVD and those files that you are talking about for Decrypter are not needed if you have the newest version of Decrypter installed. Are you trying to rip the movie as an ISO? You have to rip this movie in file mode. Also just because the disk is brand new dosent mean it is flawless try cleaning it really good ;-) You should also try playing the DVD on your PC for a couple of minutes first.. If you still cant get it to copy try doing a search in here for Resident Evil there are literally hundereds of post's about this movie.

9. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

Using Brute Force and following the Mayo Method, without AnyDVD, it would get to 3% total burn... and stop.

Using Brute Force and following the Mayo Method, with AnyDVD, Decrypter ripped necessary files first time!

I have to conclude that AnyDVD made the difference to me!

Having said that... I came to Step 16 of the Mayo Method... and was unable to see the file to burn.

Your last piece of advice was the best one!

I checked some similar threads and found this one: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/136566

flip218 (Moderator) says:

"Try AnyDVD w/ CloneDVD2. You can use the full versions free for 21 days. It never fails me.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/anydvd.cfm
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/clonedvd.cfm "

No messing around with Decrypter and Shrink settings!

CloneDVD2 looks good and works like a dream!

However... I am puzzled as to how it's compression works. Without stripping any material (menus, languages, etc), it claims picture quality is 100%.

All materials but those in English I strip... and it still claims picture quality to be 100%. I am unsure how it's compression works and what difference the stripping made.

Burning was fast, efficient and the result came to within 1/3cm of the edge. I wonder how I can make it compress less and end up closer to the edge, within reason!

I shall remain with Shrink as it was my first major success tool... but the "AnyDVD / CloneDVD2" seems to be just as good.

You cannot imagine how much of an Austin Powers "Yeah Baby" moment it was, to have this work!

It seems the problems described above have befallen several people with several films!

Everyone should read flip218's post in the above thread! Please post that link wherever you see someone in distress!

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

AnyDvd is almost unbeatable. Lots here love it. I would highly recommend spending money on it!

11. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

You can be sure I will be, as soon as this gets near the end of it's trial. Spread the word about that combo! It was such a help!

12. micool

micool Member

I'm getting really hacked off here. I've opened decrypter up and ripped the movie in file mode, then I tried to burn it using decrypter to no sucess because the file is too large to fit onto a disc. Then I tried to do it using shrink because I thought that would compress the file form me to fit it on the disc, but it still will not work with shrink. So I then downloaded clonedvd2 and tried it and it will not work using anydvd or not using it. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, I've looked for guides but can't find any that will help. Can someone please give me a easy to understand walkthrough on how to copy this disc. I know it's a rubbish film but I need to copy this, it's become like a quest for me. Two days and very little sleep and I am still not able to do it!

13. wild77

wild77 Guest

sounds like it would be easier to buy a second copy of the movie there are hundreds of threads on this movie with multiple ways of backing it up.I used Decrypter in File Mode to a folder on my hard drive.Then I used Shrink in the Re-author mode to do Main Movie Only.There are two titles under the main movie full and widescreen,I only took the widescreen worked fine.I also was able to use VOB Blanker for this movie as well only because I was curious about all the problems people were having.

14. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@micool
    Here is a step by step guide with pictures. If you follow this guide exactly you will have no problems backing up this movie. Use the first guide on the site.

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

15. wild77

wild77 Guest

@bbmayo nice site the guide was well done,would you mind if I linked other newbies to your site.

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Not all Be my guest. Just trying to help :)

17. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

micool... not sure what the problem is but my original question and subsequent issues were to do with what happens when the main movie file is unseen.

It seems that your issue has more to do with compression.

Have you read this complete thread? bbmayo produces fantastic guides and has posted the link to them here. So that you do not need to scroll up, his site is:

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

Bookmark it... as it's almost a one stop shop!

The answer to my issues of an unseen main movie file seems to be the same answer as that to the issues of many other users, concerning various error messages.

I had been through almost every error possible before coming across flip218's "AnyDVD / CloneDVD2" combo post.

You do not need a guide. Install the latest versions of AnyDVD... and CloneDVD2 ( see above for links )... restart your computer, for the benefit of AnyDVD and to be sure you are not gummed up anywhere... insert your source disc and your destination disc... begin CloneDVD2... from there, it's almost a wizard in it's simplicity.

Good luck!

18. sparky68

sparky68 Guest

had this the other day.
    use DVD2ONE after ripping with Decrypter, works a treat.

19. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

No need. Read from below "Bookmark it... as it's almost a one stop shop!" and you'll be fine!

20. cogwheel

cogwheel Member

hi, followed your guide to the letter for burning this problem disk. Unfortunately when i get to reautor in shrink and browse to its location the folder is empty (in shrink not in reality)..it doesnt recognise the file.

Help????