1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHERE IS MAIN MOVIE?! (Shrink and Resident Evil: Apocalypse)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jlrm365, Feb 9, 2005.

1. micool

micool Member

Thats the same problem that I'm having. I tried last to do the exact same thing last night and shrink does not recognise the file. I've also tried to rip the film in iso mode with no luck.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try ripping all the files with Decrypter.. Every last one of them!!! Then Shrink will recognize :)

3. cogwheel

cogwheel Member

Thanks, will try again with 'all' instead of 'main movie'

If this doesnt work is there a way of turning the 4 vob's and ifo file I ripped when doing 'main movie'into the finished article without shrink???

(sorry if thats a lame question...just trying to get my head around it all!)

I'll let you know it it works.

thanks again. RE2 you can run but you cant hide!

4. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

micool... is it now no longer a compression issue?

This thread is about what happened to me when I went through Mayo's profile, got to Step 16 and could not even see the Main movie source in Shrink.

"AnyDVD / CloneDVD2" is the combo to use, from the start, as detailed above.

RE:2 is not hiding. That combo has worked perfectly for several. I am sure flip218 would not have mentioned it if it were not good. It works for me!

Try it from the start. Install AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, restart, insert your source and destination disks and then startup CloneDVD2. It's as simple to use as a Wizard.

Good luck this time!

5. wild77

wild77 Guest

Decrypter and Shrink will do this movie with no problem if you know what you are doing.I still don't understand why people are having so many problems with these newer movies.DVD Decrypter in [bold]File Mode[/bold] then DVD Shrink to do [bold]Main Movie Only[/bold] has worked every time for me.

6. AQUA37

AQUA37 Guest

hi.i tried to backup re2 with shrink and got " invalid dvd structure " error message so i ripped it with dvd decryptor then tried dvd shrink from the files still the same error message , tried decryptor in iso mode and ifo both with no success . eventually with much surfing of this site and some others for the software i again ripped with dvd decryptor in file mode i then compressed using dvd 2 one then from there i dragged and dropped the compressed files into nero burning rom dvd/video mode into the video t/s file and it burnt no problem i've used shrink since i started and it's never let me down before , i don't begin to understand the reason why shrink wont do it but i believe other films are the same ie the forgotten

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2005
  7. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

Earlier parts of this thread seem not to be looked at!

Decrypter is a good tool but there can be no tool for all seasons.

Some things work for some people on certain occasions and others do not.

Stop flogging the ground where the dead horse lay! Choose other tools.

Decrypter is obviously not working on this occasion!

Please follow Mayo's guide step by step, to be sure there is nothing you have missed:

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

Once you have satisfied yourself that you can do no more with Decrypter on this occasion, move on!

Install:

1) AnyDVD
    2) CloneDVD2

(Links provided above)

Restart, for the benefit of AnyDVD and to clear your computer, insert source and destination media and use CloneDVD2.

It is as simple to use as running a wizard and has, for me, conquered all problems mentioned in this thread!

Good luck!

8. cogwheel

cogwheel Member

Ive tried again and agian with the latest version of decrypter (using file method)...about half way through I get a random error...

either complaining about a vob file or saying I/O error followed by 'interpretation: no seek complete'. Retry does nothing, you have to ignore it.

When you open shrink you have a 49min making of doc in place of the main movie (which is awol).

I will try anydvd and clone...

I realise everyone is banging on about this disc but its important to find an efficient method that works for EVERYONE as you can be sure we will see this again and again on other titles.

If anyone has got a concrete method to handle this a 'no brainer' guide would be dynamite...

thanks...

[bold]OK...just used AnyDvd and clonedvd2...did the job no problem and results are good..looks like Ive got 21 days to find a cheaper solution...thanks for the advice[bold]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  9. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

There you go! It's amazing how many people were still on about Decrypter, despite such success. Of course Decrypter is usually a good tool but nothing can handle everything and sometimes you have to let go :)

I use Shrink for almost everything, except the little hiccups... and then I've sworn by that combo! I reckon it's worth a little investment, to have a solid backup. Glad to hear it worked out for you! Here's hoping it continues to!

10. wild77

wild77 Guest

Welcome to AnyDVDDawn.com