1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where is my missing space?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Joblox, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Joblox

Joblox Guest

I have encrypted and analysed my source dvd and when I press back-up I get a message "Not enought space in target folder"
    4,070mb is required
    2,870mb available
    I have deleted and run disk clean and my computer tells me that I have 2.80Gb space on my hard drive
    Where is this space and how do I get it to my target folder please
    I hope someone can help me as I am going round the bend with this one.

2. brian100

brian100 Guest

have you actually ever got DVD2one to work on your pc?

It sounds like you need to do some serious uninstalling of unwanted app's from your PC. How big is your hard drive? Are you sure you have not got any redundant vob title sets hanging about that can be deleted?

It may be time to upgrade to a bigger one or run 2 side by side.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

It's recommended you have 8-10GB free for dvd backups.

4. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

If you have Norton's Systemworks isntalled, right-click on Norton's Protected Recycle Bin, and Empty Recycle Bin, and Empty Nortons Protected Files.

Try Enptying your recycle bin even if you dont have nortons.

Double click on My Computer, click on C: ONCE then rightclick on it and go down to properties.

It will have Capacity there ??GB what does it say there, and what does it say under the 'Used' and 'Free'

Regards
    CoZZa

5. Joblox

Joblox Guest

Thanks for your help...I am going to sound stupid now but is there a particular method to search for these VObs as I used clean up and I went int Hard drive c and programmes and add or remove etc but could not find any. About the 8 to 10gb reccomendation...i think this is an over estimate as I have been backing up quite happily on 2 to 3 up to this situation

6. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

How much free space do you have left ?

WinXP
    Click Start -> Search -> For Files and Folders -> Click All Files and Folders and type in the search box *.vob that will search for all VOB files, then make sure it has, Local Disk as Search.

Win98
    Click Start -> Find -> Files or Folders -> type in *.vob, select local disk and Find

Regards
    CoZZa

7. Iverson3

Iverson3 Guest

You will not be able to back up movies with a hardrive space of only 3 - 4 GB well most movies are arond 4.?? GB and there are some movies (most these days) that are 7.?? GB so if you still are trying to back up your movies on 2 - 3 GB Har Drive I suggest you go out and get a good 40 - 80 GB hard drive I think you can get a 40 GB one pretty cheap these days.

8. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps however ideally you should have a 1:1 ratio of free disk space to DVD size and since most DVDs fit in thr 4-10GB range 8-10GB isnt an unreasonable suggestion :)

9. Joblox

Joblox Guest

Again thank you, I have found enough space to continue as for the remark about the 40 gigabyte necessary to back up. I have to tell you that I have no where near that but have bee producing excellent quality back up dvds using shrink and nero you might want to try it

10. Iverson3

Iverson3 Guest

Well yea I admit that even if you have a small amount of hard with DVDShrink you can use that and make it work but that makes the quality worse even if you dont realize. And I meen if your going to play a game your gonna need a bigger hard drive 40 GB hard drives arent that expensive just get a fast 40 GB hard drive and that will last you a while seeing to how a 10 GB hard drive lasts you now.