1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is Nero Wave Editor at the newer version of Nero?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by happy hopping, Mar 20, 2021.

1. aldan

aldan Active member

there are several free programs to try.handbrake i believe will do it or ashampoo burning rom.there are others to research as well.trust file explorer or not i think its time to try it as wither suggested.

2. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Did you do that in v10 or v2017? As I mentioned earlier, your copy of v10 is woefully out of date. You're using v10.07 and the last version was v10.6.107. Many changes were made. Also, is your v10 the multimedia suite version or the standard version? I also mentioned that your v2017 wasn't up to date. Did you update it using the procedure I gave you? Would you try another burn in v2017 after updating?

I asked about the disc content because I wanted to see exactly what type of disc Roxio was burning. If one had Nero v7 or earlier, you could probably burn a DVD-Audio disc which appears to be what Roxio is burning but I can't confirm it. However, after that, the DVD-Audio was abandoned by consumers. You can burn a DVD-Video disc that has all the same features in all versions of Nero.

3. happy hopping

happy hopping Member

so what I can do is, because I'm migrating to a new PC, I uninstalled the 2017 on the old PC (even though the software auto register w/ Nero website), and kept the old Nero 2010 on the old PC. And I'm days away from installing all the software to the new PC, I can try the above w/ 2017 along w/ its update on the new PC.

the old Nero 2010 is multimedia, I didn't buy the stand alone, what difference does that make?

I am hoping Nero allows the new 2017 to register for the 2nd time under my new PC. what do you think? How would Nero see the same serial registered twice on 2 different MAC address?

But I want to point out, this whole thing is leaning towards the drive somehow does not support 100GB media, eventhough the spec. sheet and the manual of Pioneer of Japan said so. It shouldn't be like that, because Pioneer is a big co. But as mentioned above, I have tried the above w/ the latest ver. of Ashampoo free edition. So even if Nero is out of date, the Ashampoo is still the latest, and they both fail in the similar / same manner.

==========================

a quick question on DVD Audio disc, I never heard of such a thing, have you seen an universal player support it?

4. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Since you uninstalled v2017 from the old computer, the serial number is no longer registered there. As a result, you should have no problem installing and activating on the new computer. What you did is the proper way of doing things. Note that you can only uninstall/reinstall five times before the patents need to be re-activated.

There were two "types" of each version that you could buy. One is the basic version which has been called various things over the years. The premium versions, which also been called various things, includes more features, particularly in Nero Vision/Nero Video and Nero MediaHub/Nero MediaHome. Nero is now only offering only one "type," starting with v2021 (watch, they'll change that with v2022 and make me a liar. :D) If you have the multimedia version of v10, when you open Nero MediaHub and click on Market, there will be nothing there for you to buy (of course none of that is available for purchase today).

I don't know what you mean about not buying the "standalone" version of v10. You could buy it either in a box or by download but once installed, they're both the same thing. There was no subscription version.

Right now I'm up in the air as to whether the problem is with the discs or the drive. Note that the actual burn process is controlled by communication between the drive firmware and Windows. The errors are a result of the drive' response to commands sent by Windows. I don't know how to contact Pioneer about this drive or any drive, for that matter unless one can use the Contact Us at their website.

5. happy hopping

happy hopping Member

it's definitely not the media. There can't be that many dead media between Sony and Mitsubishi. This is 1 of the very few problem that I can't solve last year, and I have been in this IT industry for 29 years.

when I said stand alone, I meant buying "nero burn ROM" by itself. In which I'm sure I bought the Nero 2010 suite instead

by the way, how does these update help? These "Many changes" you mention, how does that help me in this situation? THe truth is , I can't tell any improvement when I burn a 50GB disc from a 2010 version burn vs. a 2017 ver. burn

6. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

If you bought the suite, you would have Nero Vision, Nero Express, Nero Burning Rom, Nero MediaHub (It might have been called KwikMedia after it was updated), Nero Backitup, Nero RescueAgent, CoverDesigner, SoundTrax and WaveEditor. You would see them in SmartStart by click on the button in the lower left hand corner of its screen.

Regardless, I don't have the release notes for all the updates. However, the BDXL specification wasn't finalized until June of 2010, which is after v10 was released. That's about the time the biggest update to v10 occurred. It's confusing because your early version does allow you to select a BDXL disc. I need to switch hard drives to see what my v10 on another drive, which hasn't been updated, says.

I should point out that, based on my memory (since I don't have access to either of the old forums), Sony discs were sometimes fussy about which burners they were used in but I forget the reason (write speed, etc.). I used their CD's and DVD's all the time and only occasionally had a problem. I don't think I used their blu-ray discs.

However, none of that should matter in v2017 except to make sure it's updated. Every version has had some problems that needed to be fixed. Nero didn't do us any favors removing the pages that had the release notes and various downloads for the older versions.

I do have to ask why you have a resistance to updating the software? As I mentioned long ago, it's free.

The only other consideration is to make sure the drive is clean by cleaning it with one of those cleaning discs.

7. happy hopping

happy hopping Member

My professor in Electrical Engg. taught me "when someone works, don't touch it". As recent as 2 min. ago, I update my firefox, and now, there is this annoying "For Quick access, place your bookmarks............." that I can't get rid off.

Whenever there is an update, it fixes some problem, and introduce other problems.

I hope I'll move to the new PC soon. Believe it or not, the PC parts were purchased January 2, 2019. And it's scratch build as I have to drill some holes on a semi open frame case. It's been sitting here on my desk since. So things are quite busy.

8. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I agree with the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy. However, as I mentioned, practically every new version of Nero had problems, some of which shouldn't have have been there. For instance, v2019 had some problems with Burning Rom. Back with v10, Nero was issuing new updates frequently before the next new version came out. Starting with something like v2016, Nero went to only issuing one update to catch up on everything before the next new version came out. In some cases, one had to wait until the next new version came out to get the fix.

When I think about it, I don't think you can update v10 from the ControlCenter. You would either have to ask tech support for the updates or I could give them to you.

For this problem, we should focus on using v2017 since you should be able to update from the ControlCenter.

One issue I noticed is that your drive uses SATA III. I don't think that's significant but just don't have time to check into to it right now.

9. happy hopping

happy hopping Member

all blu ray drive are SATA, what else can it be?

I'm switching over to the new PC soon, then I'll install the 2017 Nero at the new PC. I just ordered another new Crucial 1TB NVMe (very impressive, 5 yr. warranty, made in Singapore), this is my 2nd one in 2 mths. I'll do all these upgrade at my new PC at the same time, I hope it arrives in the next few days.

10. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I was just referring to the difference between SATA II and SATA III. From what I can see, the only difference is the speed.

See yah when you're up and running on the new one.

11. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Any luck yet?

12. happy hopping

happy hopping Member

There is some unexpected problem in my transition to the new PC. The old PC is a dual Xeon Asus workstation motherboard, purchased in jan 1, 2014. For some strange reason, it cannot see my new NVMe drive. So I have to manually move the adapter to the new PC, and do the file transfer. The new PC can see my NVMe drive. That's where I'm at.

I try to do a DVD burn to back up all my programs. But Nero crashes. I assume it's due to lack of space, so I now need to do that backup before I do the final move

13. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

What kind of backup are you trying to do? If it's a data disc, give me the log file.

I think your motherboard is a little early for NVME. Is the adapter you're referring to an adapter card you insert into a PCI slot to enable NVME?

14. happy hopping

happy hopping Member

I just do a file copy from the old SATA drive to the new NVME drive

I use EC20 from Silverstone as NVME + Sata adapter, it's a card that I use for over 2 year, works quite well, support both drive at the same time. The OS sees the NVME drive on the new PC, and yet the same OS is not seeing the NVME at the old 2014 machine.

Regardless, since I'm ditching the old PC, it makes no difference. Although I'm surprise that a $600 motherboard can't see it, and a $100 motherboard can

15. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

You would want to make sure that all the mobo drivers on your old system are up to date. I'm sure there's a fix, but that's a different thread, possibly in a different forum.

Hopefully, your new system will be ready to go soon and we can get back to the subject of this thread.

16. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Any luck yet?

17. happy hopping

happy hopping Member

Well, here's an ugly update: I think the drive is dying. This drive, Pioneer made in Japan was ordered from Japan back in 2013, the price is about $200 to $400. Today, as I burn a 50GB media, the first media failed. These media are made in Japan and I never have one that failed.

So I burn it the 2nd time on another 50GB media, it works, but at 4X, it should finish in 45 min. But it took 1.5 hr., then it spends ?? min. to verify. Since there is no software that can alter a 4X burn speed from 45 min. to 1.5 hr., and the fact that the 1st disc dies, I am very convinced that the drive is dying.

To make matter worse, Pioneer no longer makes these drive in Japan, it's all made in china now. So as it stands, I'm dancing between the BDR-212BK, BDR-S12J-BK, the real difference is the technology Pure Read 3 vs. Pure Read 4

https://jpn.pioneer/ja/pcperipherals/bdd/products/bdr_s12j_bk/

Alternatively, this old link is talking about Asus and LG.

https://www.architecturelab.net/best-internal-bluray-drives/

so I have to pick the best one from the above. Which 1 would you go with?

18. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I assume that you're trying the burns on your new pc and that you have updated v2017.

In my opinion, this is the one to buy- https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Computer/Computer+Drives/BDR-2212#specs if your going to get a Pioneer.

The specs for the other ones here- https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Computer/Computer+Drives
    are either screwed up or the drives are truly different since one doesn't mention writing using RE discs and another requires Win 10.

As far as I know, the the 12J is no longer supported. If you buy one of those listed at the Pioneer site, they come with a US warranty. Of course you don't have to buy one directly from Pioneer and, for that matter, you could get one from a different manufacturer such as LG.

19. happy hopping

happy hopping Member

No, I'm still using the old PC. I'm slow. I don't have to get a Pioneer. Since they are all made in China, I don't see if there is a legitimate need to get it from japan

the only reason I pick Pioneer in the past, is because they are made in Japan. The other top brand would be Asus or perhaps LG (I have no faith in LG though)

What model / make do you use?

this model that is dying, is quiet when it comes to burn a disc. It's quite silent. A cheap DVD burner, when it burns a disc, is quite loud.

P.S. I never see your May 13 mesg. until yesterday, there is no email notice, sorry about that.

20. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

My blu-ray drive is a LG BH16NS40. I didn't realize it has all the features that you're looking for until I just looked it up. Other than newegg, the prices for it are ridiculous. In all honesty, I bought it at Best Buy about 5 years ago and I didn't pay as much as what people are asking today. I've never used it to burn large sized discs. I only bought it so I could try things to support people in the Nero forum but, since Nero didn't provide discs for me, I only purchased a few 25 GB RE discs. Wasn't going to spend big money for the bigger discs to provide support. Otherwise, it has served me well and I can't hear it at all when it's burning.

I also have CD-ROM and DVD-RAM drives that came with this computer which I purchased in 2008. I can't hear the RAM drive when I'm burning to it.

You're being elusive in regards to whether or not you updated v2017. The update only takes a few minutes to download and install. We've already talked about v10. You shouldn't use it all for what you're doing since it's not up to date.