1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is Nero Wave Editor at the newer version of Nero?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by happy hopping, Mar 20, 2021.

1. happy hopping

happy hopping Member

I haven't install the new Nero 2017, as my new PC is still being built. It's a scartch build open frame PC. STill installing new software on that new PC. Will transfer hardware components from the old PC to the new PC once the software are done.

I run into some strange problem when I transfer all the files from an old m.2 SATA SSD to the new m.2 NVME SSD on the same adapter on that new PC: a small no. of files can't copy . But those same files copied just fine when I copy (backup) them from the old m.2 SSD to an external hard drive. My theory is the adapter can't accomondate file transfer w/i the same controller

Going back to the defective blu-ray drive, do they fail in stages? So the 100GB media were unable to function, then yesterday, the 50GB media is unable to copy from my SSD.

As today, I transfer a few PDF files from my SSD to a cheap DVD+R media, it works fine.

The usage of this drive in the past 8 year is:

back up / transfer only once to twice / month on 50GB media since 2013

transfer some PDF files to a DVD+R media once a week

Now, since Oct. of last year, I start burning CD-R, about 1 to 4 per day, as of today, about 350 CD-R media were burn on this 8 year old drive

2. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

As I understood it, v2017 is still installed on your old PC. It just hasn't been updated. I admit I didn't go back through the thread to verify it.

You've got me confused. You said the new PC was still being built yet you also said "
    I run into some strange problem when I transfer all the files from an old m.2 SATA SSD to the new m.2 NVME SSD on the same adapter on that new PC: a small no. of files can't copy ." which implies you're using the new PC.

In regards to the supposed defective drive, I really don't know the answer. What happened when you tried to copy to the 50 GB disc?

I wonder what would happen if you tried to burn your project as a Nero image file instead of directly to the drive. It would take a lot of SSD/HDD space.

3. happy hopping

happy hopping Member

no, I remove Nero 2017 from the old PC. I only want to use the lic. on the new PC

The main structure has been completed. I just need to migrate the fan controller and electric tape the heat sensor on all 3 SSD, wire all the remaining heat sensor to the near by cooling fan and drill the fan controller on a metal bracklet

I can't copy 50GB disc, as the blu-ray is still sitting at the old PC. The new PC only have a cheap DVD+R burner

I have 2 quick question:

1) is it possible that burn which took 1.5 hr. as well as the defect disk is just a glitch? As today, I burn 6 chinese music Cd, and 1 DVD+R, it all burn fine w/ no error

2) speaking of music CD, there is a perfectlist who somehow transfer all the songs from presumably DVD or blu-ray into WAV files for people to download for free. This is the DVD set if you buy them:

https://www.yesasia.com/global/mui-...raoke-dvd-cd/1035094185-0-0-0-zh_TW/info.html

w/ all the hundreds of WAV files from other chinese music CD, it's about 30 to 40 MB per song, and I use Nero 10 , select Audio CD, and burn them

w/ this CD / DVD, this guy WAV file is 128MB, it's the only set of WAV that is so big, so I use Nero 10 to burn it, and the music CD sounds a bit funny

could Nero has difficulty converting WAV file that is so big?

4. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I didn't want you to copy a disc. I wanted you to add files to your project, as you've down before, in Burning Rom and then select the Image Recorder, instead of your blu-ray drive, as the target, and burn it to a SSD/HDD to see if there are any issues. You would use the same type of project as you've done before- for instance Blu-ray (UDF).

Download this file- https://www.dropbox.com/s/sf7xn30dnn99lkk/Nero10.6.11300_trial.zip?dl=0

Open it in a good ZIP program such as J-zip, 7-zip, etc. Use the ZIP program Extract feature to extract the .exe file to a folder of your choice.

Then, right click on it and select "run as administrator." Since you have a v10 serial number, it should install without a problem. Sometimes, one has to uninstall the old version first. You will then have an up to date copy of v10.

Then try burning a blu-ray disc.

I don't know the answer to question 1. In regards to question 2, I don't know what "funny means." What does the file sound like before burning?

5. happy hopping

happy hopping Member

I know what's happening:

the laser burning the BD-r is not the same laser that burns my DVD or CD-R. That would explain why the CD-R and DVD+R burns fine.

And that makes me a lot better: I thought it's those chinese music CD that kills the drive. So as it turns out, it is in fact the burning of those BD-R in the past 7 to 8 yr. , about 1 / mth., that wears the BD-R laser out.

That would also explain the last burn can finish in 1.5 hr., in essence, the drive lowers to 2X and finish the job. So I definitely need a new drive.

6. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Did you install the v10 update?

7. happy hopping

happy hopping Member

No, I am taking a break to continue to work on the new PC.

I order Pioneer BDR-212JBK from japan today. Pioneer is confusing. They have part no. that looks the same, but quite different inside. The 212JBK c/w Pure Read 3, the 212 US Model DOES NOT.

So I want that function. In the end, I order from JApan. W/ the new drive, I can put it in the new PC, and I don't need to figure out what's going on w/ the old drive.

I pick Pioneer, solely due to the track record that I'm using, that this unit last 7 yr. I suppose I can try Asus or LG, but I don't know how long it will last.

8. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

If you would, let me know how things turn out. Hate having open-ended threads.

9. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Got that new PC built yet?

10. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Still working on it?