1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to get faceplate fitted for W800i

Discussion in 'Sony phones' started by tupac_2nd, Aug 12, 2007.

1. tupac_2nd

tupac_2nd Member

Hey everyone,

I bought a faceplate including all the keypad and buttons from ebay
    ebay item

and it is very tricky to put it all in place properly. I live in Sydney and wanted to know if anyone knows where I can go to get it fitted.

Cheers

2. nawfal

nawfal Member

hello this is Nizam from accel i am also know about these things when free call me i give the complete solution....
    my mail ***email removed*** mobile no-09841964265

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  3. mrdrumz

mrdrumz Member

these are normally simple enough jobs if you take your time and make sure you pay attention when dismantling the phone. (as you're going to have to in effect reverse the operation!)

Sucks a bit that the ebay item you got doesn't include the t6 (or whatever number) screw driver that you'd need. Some replacement housing auctions include non-marring pry tools and the screwdriver for the job. Although I bought a tool with all the T series screwdrivers from a local hardware store.

If you aren't sure i've seen some guides on the net before (can't recall the link, google is your friend here)

I really wouldn't bother with getting someone to do this for you as they'd only charge a bunch more than is needed, plus you can't be sure they're not going to mess it up (if anyone messes up my stuff i'd rather it was me), but if you really don't trust yourself I'd search out small mobile phone store, not the big high street places.

hope that helps, to be fair it really isn't as hard as it seems

4. tupac_2nd

tupac_2nd Member

Hi thanks mrdrumz. I ended up going to a guy in a supermarket and he charged $25 to replace the front and back casing. Which I could have done myself but yeah made a foolish choice by going to him (but oh well, i've learnt from that). The ebay item I bought had a lot of small parts and I didnt have the time to replace everything, I just wanted a quick fix. He had insurance on the phone so it made me feel a bit better (he said he'll replace the handset if he screws it up). So in the end i got the new case and now my friend wants to buy it off me (i added 2 GB and made it look cooler) - I get a bit of profit :D

I'm really keen on the sony ericsson w950i though...looks grand.

Thanks mate

Cheers

5. mrdrumz

mrdrumz Member

No probs, so he fitted the case you bought? at least that'd save you some coin :)

I like that w950 too, but if i were you i'd hang on for the w960. It's very similar to the P1i, but obviously it's a walkman phone with the same camera a k810i has. I think if it gets good reviews i'll be selling my k850 for one (only got that y'day too! haha)

And well done on selling it on, I got my old w810 to sell now but am a bit reluctant about ebay due t oall the scams going on with mobiles

6. tupac_2nd

tupac_2nd Member

How many phones do you have? (2? k850 and w810).
    How old is the W810? is it the one with memory stick pro duo compatibility? Because I'm interested in getting a second hand phone or a phone on a $29 plan but waiting to find a good phone (you wouldn't know of any sites for mobile plans would you? I've seen a few but my brother keeps telling me there's always a catch.)

Yeah I got scammed a few weeks back. I bought an 8GB memory stick pro duo for the psp and it stopped working after a week. So I contacted the member and he said if i send it back he'll refund me but it was the first time I've ever sent anything overseas and didn't get a tracking number (i just went for the cheapest) and now I can't tell if he receives it or not. It's been like 8 weeks now and he said he hasnt got it so there goes my $160 but ahh well i can just count my losses. If you sell within your country you minimise chances (i think).

7. mrdrumz

mrdrumz Member

aww sucks. that's quite similar to when i got scammed last year, bought a computer motherboard a few days before payday and so told the seller (cos coincidentally i had a whopping big mobile bill that month!) that would he mind waiting four days for payment, he said yeah sure. So when I get paid four days later I go to pay and find that the option has gone, not only that but he's filed a no-paying buyer form thing.

Thing is i emailed him again and it was like talking to a completely different person! he was whinging about how i didn't pay up in adequate time. Turns out it went in my favour when I mentioned in the claim that he sold the exact same item again two days after the auction i won ended on a one day auction. So ebay and paypal came down on him like a ton of bricks and i went elsewhere!

Basically i'm staying well away from buying more expensive items on ebay.

Yeah I've got two phones at the moment, the w810 was going to go on ebay, just trying to figure out a price for it since it's in excellent condition, one gig ms pro duo (might be fake but does the job) and all it's cables. Updated it on the Sony Ericsson Update Service the other day and it runs better now i think. Can't find the box or the manuals and CD though, so if I am going to sell it i'll let you know.

8. DONALY

DONALY Member

HI THERE
    SORRY IN INTRUDE ON YOUR FORUM..BUT I'M NEW HERE AND I DONT REALLY KNOW MY WAY AROUND AND MAKING MY OWN FORUM ETC...BUT I REALLY NEED HELP UNLOCKING MY
    SONY ERICSSON T920A

IMEI:01066700-438842-1

PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME !!!!

9. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

DONALY

Welcom to AD, knock off the caps lock as it is considered rude and shouting. Also start your own thread for your phone as this on is for the W800.

10. tupac_2nd

tupac_2nd Member

@mrdrumz: Okay thanks. The way you described it sounds really good. If you do sell it PM me or contact me via email, I'd appreciate that. Yeah I don't mind fake mem sticks as long as they actually work (my 2gb is a fake and works fine - $50 :D).

@DONALY: Hey mate, yeah can't say much else that LOCOENG hasn't said yet. But here's some advice: Before you start posting you should do alot of reading like researching through Google and looking in help sections (go to home in AD and you should see it up the top). Most newbie questions are answered there and by doing this you keep a good record and well pretty much don't get banned. I see you created your own thread, well done but you shouldn't write everything in Caps (as LOCOENG said).

11. mrdrumz

mrdrumz Member

@Tupac_2nd: Yeah sure, it may not be for a few weeks as I'm swamped at work at the moment. One thing, I'm assuming you're in the UK? Don't think it's a problem as I'm sure this phone is triband and I know for afact it's unlocked to all networks. I'd just check the frequency you're operator works on if you are indeed abroad.

Thing is I got some stuff t osort out for it, like how the headphones that came with it and the hands free kit have up and disappeared :( so I'm going to have to search these out before selling it. Could always put the headphones that came with my k850 as I never have need for them anyway, not whilst my iPod still lives and breathes ;)

12. tupac_2nd

tupac_2nd Member

@mrdrumz: Hey sorry I live in Australia. Do triband phones work the same here (i'm not sure). I finish HSC today (I am SOO Glad :D). Hah my iPod randomly started working after 6 months so I'm livin' it up :D. You should check out rockbox, it's like it's own operating system and it's really good. It supports most iPods and it is easy to install/uninstall. You can change themes add games (it can play doom lol). Google it if you aren't to busy one time, I absolutely love it. Well yeah let me know if your phone can work in Australia when you get time and we'll sort stuff out then.

Cheers

13. mrdrumz

mrdrumz Member

Hey tupac_2nd, sorry but I sold the phone to a friend just the other day. They just lost their phone and so needed one pretty quick.

Hope you find one soon though mate!

14. tupac_2nd

tupac_2nd Member

Hey no worries. Thanks though. Yeah I'll see what comes up. Cheers