1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to get soldering pencil in australia?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by soothers, Dec 3, 2004.

1. soothers

soothers Member

hey ,
    i now want to install my own modchips and pretty much have no idea what to do. ive pretty much read up what i need to do and how to install it..

but i need to now where i can get the soldering pencils from and what wires i need and what type of solder and desoldering graid..

i know like dick smith has the soldering stations with temp control but they are like $300.. im looking for something alot cheaper.

also, what about the butane soldering pencils , will they work? they are also expensive though.

i also tried tandys and no luck..

any help is appreciated..

thanks heaps.

2. soothers

soothers Member

3. smiff6969

smiff6969 Member

Hello mate,

Try http://www.farnell.com/

It's an electronics web site and they are world wide. Don't think they sell to public though. My work have an account with them and i'm always ordering through them so if you can't get one from them then let me know and i'll order one for you if you pay for item and postage and chuck me a fiver (£5 uk sterling) for my trouble then i'll mail it to you.

Anythink to stick the fingers up at BILL GATES.