1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to go?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by mariusz03, Sep 9, 2006.

1. mariusz03

mariusz03 Guest

where do I need to go to fix my ipod?

2. deadhead7

deadhead7 Member

you can take it to an apple store anywhere and the "genius" techs (yes, their ttle is genius) and they can take a look at it. Or you can try to trouble shoot it depending on your problem. But regardless if you take it top the apple store they will hook you up.

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I am assuming that this is a hard-drive based iPod. If so if you are up to it you can purchase a new harddrive and a special tool to open the iPods case and then switch out the hard drives. But unless you really want to do this then the apple tech people are your best bet.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Several things broke on my mates iPod (clcik wheel, hdd etc) and it would have been cheaper to buy a new iPod than get it fixed by apple lol

That's what I heard. Depends how bad it's broken then I suppose.

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

meiusz03 can you give us some more info on whats wring with it exactly?

6. mariusz03

mariusz03 Guest

yes, my ipod battery doesn't charge at all. It can be connected for 3 days stright it will only charge 5% and say it's completly charged and that's it, I tried to restore it to it's factory settings but that doesn't help. Where are some app stores? I live in NY.

7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

You know there was a big lawsuit/settlement over this a while ago. Does anyone have any info on how this was setteled and what the customers got out of it? and mariusz a battery should be a easy fix so if your still looking to replace it I read a article in PC World or something a while ago explaining they tools the used to open the iPod and the parts they got for a new harddrive and battery. If you want me too ill find this article and post info.

8. mariusz03

mariusz03 Guest

If you could that would be great, thanks a lot

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

sorry buddy this was taken from appleipodsettlement.com
    It seems you missed the deadline :(

10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I looked around after finding the iPod battery lawsuit replacement period and found this site. ipodbatterydepot.com and i connected to this url specifically (http://www.ipodbatterydepot.com/index.asp?en=overture&adgroup=ipodbattery_specific&adcampaign=ipodbattery_specific&adnumber=1)

They have replacement batteries for every model and every generation of the ipod. They include a battery replacement, the tools used to dismantle the iPod, and instructions on replacement. The price range was usually around $16 for every model/generation. Except the 1st gen and 2nd gen products the replacement for those was $26.