1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to purchase new xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Spyder22, May 21, 2007.

1. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

Does anyone know where to buy a NEW original xbox console? I havent been able to find any in stores and havent been able to locate anything online. Thanks for your time and help. peace

2. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

Well sorry to tell you the bad news but Microsoft stoped making original xbox's you will not find one new.. look on ebay.com or craigslist.org

you should find some on there

3. steimy

steimy Active member

They will be very hard to find. Personally i would buy a premodded used Xbox instead. A few scratches here or there is not a big deal.

4. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

actually ive changed my mind im gona go buy a ps2 and learn how to mod it. I must say im dispoointed with microshaft, they arnt making games for the xbox no more. While sony continues to crank out new games still for their ps2. What a shame, with the xbox having better hardware than ps2. But i guess thats M$ for ya, make something like the xbox but quit making games for it b4 sony.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Well, Personally i would buy a used Xbox but that is just me. It can do so much and do it so easily it just makes it worth it. If you are an Xbox Live player then softmodding is the best option, if not a good modchip is better. Plus you really do not need any new games. There are so many great Xbox games out there that you could buy to keep you entertained, such as
    the GTA series
    Halo 1 & 2
    Forza Motor sports
    Project Gotham Racing
    Half-Life 2
    Need For Speed series
    Medal Of Honor series
    Splinter cell series
    Ghost Recon series
    rainbow Six series
    Brothers In Arms series
    Manhunt
    Prince Of Pursia series
    and sooooooo many others. Most of the games are made for both consoles, but not all.

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  6. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Microsoft games are still being made and released for the xbox 1. Not as many as before but they still are, even though they have proclaimed the xbox 1 an obsolete console. Sony kept releasing PS1 games while the PS2 had 1 or 2 years of life. Both have consoles woes right now. If any console manufacturer halted production of its current software wanting to introduce its next generation console without allowing the population to make a slow transition, manufacturing costs would be tremendous maybe even leading to bankruptcy of their console division (microsoft unlikely). Not everybody is rushing to purchase a new console, I’m not. The overpriced PS3, man. If they stopped making PS2 games, it would be the end of Sony’s console division. Until all technical operating flaws have been fixed and prices drop. The population are guinea pigs of such developers because they have released their console without knowing in its entirety its operating failures. Those smart enough have not purchased a next generation sole yet.

Amazon.com, Gamestop, EB Games among others have pre-release xbox 1 titles like: NFL 2008, Fifa 2008 among other titles. Maybe in about a year or so Microsoft will produce games exclusively for its 360 console, since they are not manufacturing xbox 1 as of last year.

You buy a PS2 and real soon you'll have an obsolete console sooner than you think. You may be able to buy a new one because its production costs are cheap and because Sony is forced to do so since the PS3 hasn't taken off yet only taking shelf space reporting huge quarterly losses. You can do so much to an xbox like bringing back to life consoles from past generations through the use of emulators or even as a media center. Getting a PS2 late at this stage in time may not be a wise decision. Current xbox 1 owners have it tough as well. Lean to a next generation console.

Last edited: May 26, 2007