1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to start with Yellowsn0w + Cydia Q? (3G iPhone 2.1 w/ Turbosim)

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by stevedogg, Mar 17, 2009.

1. stevedogg

stevedogg Regular member

This is what I have:
    3G iPhone
    2.1 w/ Turbosim

I did some research and it looks like 9.8 is the latest version but I can't find where to dload it. It also states my iPhone must be on 2.2, but I'm on 2.1.
    So is this what I have to do or is there a better way...
    Upgrade to 2.2
    Yellowsn0w my iPhone

Also dum Q, when I open Cydia app, it tells me i have 6 updates pending, is it ok to download/install these updates? This shouldn't affect the jailbroken aspect of it right?

2. denzel29

denzel29 Member

First of all there is not 9.8 firmware I know of. That is some mistake of yours. If you upgrade to 2.2 and are not exatly sure what you are doing you could easily end with a bricked iphone as that version cant be unlocked with a software only with a sim card (like the one you can find in my signature).
    Good luck to ya mate.

3. KjbAlto

KjbAlto Member

What are you trying to do, just jailbreak the phone, or you want to unlock the phone also? There is no reason to use the turbo sim for this. It's simple to jailbreak and unlock the phone without buying turbosim's or whatever sim card this guy is selling. Let me know what you're trying to do and I can help you.