1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which 939 motherboard should i get?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mrleftnut, Feb 27, 2005.

1. mrleftnut

mrleftnut Member

Well people, you helped me decide which CPU im getting(AMD 64 3500+)thankyou, but now i need help in diciding what motherboard to get. see, i dont know all that much about motherboards so if anyone could tell me what to look for or even post a link for a good mobo then that would be great.Thanx again!

2. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

well i recently bought a 3500+ processor i Overclocked it to 2.4 GHZ it runs smoothly
    you asked what MOBO should you get, well if i were to buy a new one now with a 939 socket go with a:
    ASUS A8N-SLI or SLI DELUXE or MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI.
    They both feature the NVIDIA NForce4 chipset with dual PCI Express X16 slots, but then if u want to experience the full power of PCI Express, the graphic cards aint cheap Note: These mobos do not have the AGP slot

3. ppiper

ppiper Member

I have a 3500@ 2.565 totally stable fsb 285x9 gskill ram msi neo2 platnum mb. if u have an agp graphics card like i do id go with the msi board if u have pci express id go with the dfi board and get tccd memory go 90nm winchester core skt 939 and the 3200s reach the same speeds as the 3500s and r cheaper i got a week 38 cpu from zipzoomfly last month and im seeing alot of people achieve higher clocks than me or the same with the 3200 and spending less i have to keep my vcore right under 1.6 to keep it stable i can get it stable at 2.6 if i do some tweaking but im too lazy right now i havent tried any other bioses other than the one my board came with etc.