1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Bose product for my rear speakers

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by KYBoy, Nov 6, 2007.

1. KYBoy

KYBoy Member

OK, I'm looking to complete my surround sound ( I watch Movies, rarely ever music) As of now I have the Bose Center Channel speaker, and 2 Bose bookshelf 301 SeriesIII speakers. I figure I would use those for my front speakers and purchase Bose Acoustimass 5 (2 direct/reflecting cube speakers and a bass module) for my rear speakers....
    ...But I went to HHGregg today, described this plan, and the sales guy who actually seemed like he knew what he was talking about said I shouldnt mix Bose bookshelf and Acoustimass(cubes) speakers together when building a sourround sound. He suggested I should buy another pair 201 or 301 bookshelf speakers to go along with what I have...

Any thoughts or explanations? What do I go with...The Acoustimass package is $399 off Bose.com HHgregg has a pair of 201's for $110 which is a hell of a price

2. KYBoy

KYBoy Member

I know I agree that's why I wanted to ask the afterdawn community to make sure what he said was accurate and not just makin a sale.

But OK Thank you for the confirmation, I have heard of the "voice matching" before just didnt know thats what he was talking about and wasn't aware different models of the same company speaker werent voice matched.

Thanks, I think I'll go with a pair of the 201's....