1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which box to buy Openbox to Blade

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by GAZB1980, Apr 17, 2012.

1. GAZB1980

GAZB1980 Member

Whats the main difference between the open box and the Blade box besides one being around £160 and the other £70 , I only want to watch UK Sly channels and be able to record through PVR or a USB stick , whats best to buy

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  2. piopat

piopat Active member

at about £60 the openbox is a good budget hd box and well worth the money .you can add a hdd to it for recording but the hdd will cost about another £40 if all you want is to view channels and record the odd program thats all you need . if you have the money the blade bm7000 is a better box as it has a better epg and you can install channel lists etc.

3. GAZB1980

GAZB1980 Member

I want to run 3 of these boxes , one downstairs and the other 2 boxes in ours and the kids bedrooms via home plugs , will I need to subscribe for all 3 boxes each or will 1 subscription run all the boxes in my house.

4. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

you'll need sub for each box, some providers have deals for more than 1 box, if you connect from the same house (same IP adds).

go for the blade, its the best box going. but the openbox at £60 is not bad, as I have them both

5. GAZB1980

GAZB1980 Member

Whats better about the Blade box mate

6. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

its a media player too, plays mkv , mp4 , avis etc so if you have a 3d tv you can download sbs mkv and the blade will play it no bother, record one thing and watch something else, and also a piece of p*ss to flash, i wanted one but none were in stock anywhere so i got the dm800 pvr clone still kick myself for not waiting for the blade

7. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

Blades picture quality is excellent, even the quality of the non hd channels are very good on it, its also very user friendly. plenty of other features on it like, Youtube, Maps, Weather, Internet Radio.