1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which box?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by tongs007, Sep 28, 2011.

1. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

right give me some ideas fellas. worked a lot of overtime this month so out of my hard workings i am going to buy the christmas present's ( and a little present of my own) i have been looking at the blade 7000 for sometime now, i like the sound of hd 1080p and even 3d ready ( although i aint got a 3d tv) a bloke is coming round and fitting me a dish, i have no need for a motorized dish as i dont do footie. the blade looks easy to set up and i like the features i.e mkv player etc. £150 isn't a bad price at all but is the box going to last long? i know piece of string and all that but ive heard some boxes are open and the blade isnt. so to all ya tech heads if you had around £150.00 to spend on a sat box what would you go for? hd is a must. 3d not a big deal. recording channels whilst watching a different channel would be nice also but not the be all and end all. cheers guys

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I think you have actually answered your own query, the blade for what it is is very good, great pic, good value and can record, but as it closed source, your tied to firmware being released, same as Krypts. SV etc, but for 150 notes, its a good buy and not gonna break the bank,

And your right, how long is the string, there is and always will be this prob with closed firmware, if you dont want to be under this issue, I suggest spend more and get a Dream, but as a budget Sat and Media player, I know what I will be using

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

cheers mickah. just needed that little push :)