1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which brand of Micro SD do you recommend for M3 Simply?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by g30metro, May 8, 2007.

1. g30metro

g30metro Member

I have just bought an M3 simply and I have been reading some threads that say that brand of microSD card can effect the reliability. Which ones do you use or recommend to buy? I am planning on buying a 2g or higher.

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I am currently using a Toshiba 1GB, I have also used a Toshiba 256MB and Sandisk Ultra II 2GB

3. dabundan

dabundan Regular member

the cheapest one would be the best, all the cards are all the same, you wont notice a gameplay difference between the cards, the main different is write speed ( how fast you can transfer your games from computer to your card) but that's nothing big. most people like a certain brand and go with that, but id say, go for the cheapest one you could find, save some money ^_^

4. balkie16

balkie16 Regular member

make sure not to buy some generic garbage like me...broke in 13 days -_- now i gota go out someday and buy a new one haha =[. My pokemon save file! gone!!!

5. HG27

HG27 Guest

6. sdragoon

sdragoon Member

the cheapest one u can find might be KINGMAX..
    but try to avoid it as the quality of them varies..
    i got 4 KINGMAX 1GB Micro SD cards..
    2 of them runs all games BUT the other 2 had random game freezes in some games..
    so far only noticed freezing in castlevanis: por, custom robot arena and bleach 2.

7. R4Seller

R4Seller Guest

Kingston 1GB is 7 and scandisk 2 GB is 15

8. yjusa

yjusa Member

I have to agree you said "People like certain brand and go with that". But I have to said there are big differences with memory card's write/read speed and performances.

For example here are two compression; using 2G microSD card transferring 1.2G data form PC.
    1. Brand A:1.2 G data transferring time took 14min.
    2. Brand B:1.2 G data transferring time took 11min. That is whole 3 min. 3 min delay times and less write performances. It perform same test three times on each brand to make sure the data collection is average out.

The NintenDS console is also runins on clock and it does memeory speed detection like PC so its games with larger file size games will likely freezes up with low speed cards.

Just the thoughts......